The Future of Auburn Play Calling

Zeek

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I don't think Brandon Marcello knows squat. We will see.

He knows how to stuff his mouth and be crappy with Auburn fans. If you disagree with him on Twitter he turns into a toddler in a tantrum.

Still, he’s decently connected but we’ll see. 

17 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I just don’t think Gus can turn it loose but we will see.  I’ll be it will be some sort of cooperative thing with Gus having the final say.

Lindsey and Rhett both had a season where they called plays

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

Lindsey and Rhett both had a season where they called plays

The question should really be, are they picking from 20 plays? If I get to call plays but we only have a handful of them then you’re kind of stuck.

We’ll see, I’m trying to stay optimistic

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Morris can implement his offense along with this, its over with for the SEC lol.

I think that Gus ha a massive Ego about his Offense. This is well known. I also believe...due to history of Gus and Chad, that Chad probably knows Gus' Offense as well as anybody. I suspect Gus has seen what Morris has done at Clemson and other stops as an OC. 

All of this leads me to my own personal conclusion that Gus will allow Chad to call plays. The question is will Gus stay out of it. If he does....watch out. 

I also believe that Gus is highly capable of being a great play caller. We saw some good examples this season as he got back in the groove. So IF Gus does retain play calling duties.....I still think it could be dangerous for the rest of the SEC of Gus allows Chad to gameplan and implement his passing concepts.

Either way this goes I think it was a homerun move. I like the potential. I like the weapons we have.

This could be great especially if CCM could put different player packages together and keep them on the field for a drive.  Say a combo of Schwartz, Shivers,Williams, Joiner and another that could do a lot of different things.  Imagine the plays that could be run and how you could either quickly tire out the Defense or catch them off guard.  That would be some exciting offense.

I think we should keep teams guessing week to week as to who will call plays.  Can you imagine?  I am sure it would be a disaster but just thinking about the same base offense with two different approaches and tendencies and teams having no idea which one they will see.

4 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

I think we should keep teams guessing week to week as to who will call plays.  Can you imagine?  I am sure it would be a disaster but just thinking about the same base offense with two different approaches and tendencies and teams having no idea which one they will see.

Gus gets the reigns against Alabama in this scenario lol

If it does happen, Chad has to make sure he doesn’t got too pass happy. I think he likes to get pass happy. All those RB’s we got need to get fed too

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just be yourself Gus. 

Yes I hated when he said he would give up play calling last time. He should not do that. He was the one who taught chad but he definitely should be open t new ideas for sure. They both are the utmost professionals with mutual respect between the two, so I am sure it will work out.

Even when AU had Chip, Dilly and Rhett, they were OC's in name only. Chad will be in the same boat with the other 3. Gus is the real OC and we all know it.

58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He was CEO in 2017 too though......

I don't believe that Gus was not calling plays in 2017, outside of maybe a few games.

42 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I don't believe that Gus was not calling plays in 2017, outside of maybe a few games.

Chip ordered off the kids menu. He could call any play he wanted, as long as it was chicken fingers, grilled cheese or buttered noodles. 

Archived