Air Fryers.

alexava

I'm getting my wife a new I Pad, she doesn't know, thinks she getting a air fryer so she been researching like crazy. She's heard Phillips is the best for the price. I have no idea best of luck

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm getting my wife a new I Pad, she doesn't know, thinks she getting a air fryer so she been researching like crazy. She's heard Phillips is the best for the price. I have no idea best of luck

This is great

On 12/20/2019 at 11:08 PM, alexava said:

Thx  golf, I couldn’t have done it without you. I’m also getting her a pistol. 

I'm here for you alex.........................:poke:

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

We have one. Makes good chicken wings. Don’t know the brand. 

I got the Ninja brand. Wings have been mentioned most. I could eat wings 6days a week.

39 minutes ago, alexava said:

I got the Ninja brand. Wings have been mentioned most. I could eat wings 6days a week.

On my ultra low carb diet, I do. 

Ok the wings were probably better than deep fried. But She only used a table spoon of oil!! So hopefully I won’t get that bloated, sick feeling. The fries were probably a little different than oil fried but still very good. I might live longer now. 

49 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ok the wings were probably better than deep fried. But She only used a table spoon of oil!! So hopefully I won’t get that bloated, sick feeling. The fries were probably a little different than oil fried but still very good. I might live longer now. 

I use zero oil. I just cut them, dry them, and pop them in. Maybe I should try oil. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I use zero oil. I just cut them, dry them, and pop them in. Maybe I should try oil. 

She just went by the recipe that came with the cooker. I’m not sure how it helps. 

Just now, alexava said:

She just went by the recipe that came with the cooker. I’m not sure how it helps. 

Probably makes the outside more crisp. I run mine for 25min on 370 and then 400 for 5min. Makes them nice and crisp for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

We just got one for Christmas, too.  I love it.  It makes all the good food good (wings, fries, etc.).  But it also makes the horrible food edible (almost good even) - brussel sprouts and broccoli!

4 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

late to the party, but i thought about getting my wife one too. Shot hers yet?

Yes. It kicks more than she cares for. But she likes the size and fit. Next time I’ll use self defense rounds for her to practice. She needs practice.. I’m going to get a magnetic mount for her Forerunner too. But it’s in the night stand when I’m out of town or at work. It’s there for peace of mind. She probably wouldn’t hit an intruder unless it’s point blank but she can scare him off. She can rack it, barely. But she’s going to need more practice to get comfortable with operation of loading,unloading etc. right now she can click the safety, point and shoot. 

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

We just got one for Christmas, too.  I love it.  It makes all the good food good (wings, fries, etc.).  But it also makes the horrible food edible (almost good even) - brussel sprouts and broccoli!

I can eat broccoli but don’t love it. I love Brussel sprouts. Halved roasted. Brushed lightly with olive oil sprinkled with seasoning and bacon chips. Haven’t thought about using the fryer for them..

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

But it also makes the horrible food edible (almost good even) - brussel sprouts and broccoli!

Been considering getting one but I will just have to take your word for it on this. 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:38 PM, alexava said:

Or maybe I won’t live longer. This was another gift I got her...

7F1C1E76-C500-436E-AEBD-08633FAD7753.jpeg

Nice!  My wife won't CC so she just uses mine...

IMG_20191103_134555.jpg

12 hours ago, The Freak said:

I carry 3 things at all times.  A grumpy, don't look at me face and two middle fingers.

Works good so far.

Keeps you out of trouble too!  
I didn’t carry until a few years ago. I’m glad I didn’t. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:34 PM, jared52 said:

Probably makes the outside more crisp. I run mine for 25min on 370 and then 400 for 5min. Makes them nice and crisp for me. 

We have the big PowerXL from Sams.

I cut up fresh wings and cook 20 at a time. 380 for 20 and 400 for 10. The original recipe called for 25 and 15. That was too crispy. 

No oil. Chicken skin has enough. The secret is to shake well every five minutes. If you have less than 20 wings, cut the time a bit, but still shake.

I never deep fry my wings any more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 10:35 PM, The Freak said:

I carry 3 things at all times.  A grumpy, don't look at me face and two middle fingers.

Works good so far.

Sounds like you need to be packing.  Them 2 middle fingers can get you in trouble.

Archived