2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

38 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What has Kirby been doing that's rubbed the local coaches the wrong way? Honest question

I like Kirby a lot, his staff outside of Dell McGee and Sam Pittman were a bunch of asshats though. Most coaches in our  state will agree with that, even if they’re diehard dawgs.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great ENSD for the Auburn Tigers. I think this is part of my Gustration. It just feels like we are soooooooooo close to consistently great stuff- better OL recruiting/play and some better offensive game plannning and who knows………………? Regardless, give it to this staff (and recently departed Dilly) for hard work and great recruiting. This is far and away the best recruiting we’ve done since Dye’s time at AU but in a much tougher recruiting landscape. Well done coaching staff! WDE!

E, thanks for all you continue to do for the site!  I am part of the shadow members, but I do like and appreciate your posts!  Thank you.

43 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Our last two classes were just outside the top 10 so this is a big step for Gus and AU. 2021 could be even better depending on for next season goes 

That's true and AU is hanging in there....just noting that we are surrounded by,  and our schedule full of,  teams with top ten (or better) recruiting classes....again. 

Winning the requisite 10 games is getting tougher  ….but we will be a tougher opponent too.    Just thinking what the new coaches at Arky, Mizz and Ole Miss are looking at. 

43 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What has Kirby been doing that's rubbed the local coaches the wrong way? Honest question

It's been rumored in the past that they break promises to the kids, like "we won't take another WR if you sign with us" stuff, and then they do it anyway. Hopefully it's starting to catch up but who knows. 

6 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

It's been rumored in the past that they break promises to the kids, like "we won't take another WR if you sign with us" stuff, and then they do it anyway. Hopefully it's starting to catch up but who knows. 

I'm afraid it is just wishful thinking that it will actually hurt his overall recruiting.  

Might cost them a player here and there but dawgs, Clemson, and bama are well ahead of the field this year in "quality" of recruits.   

Good class by AU IMO but if the rivals ranking is anywhere near accurate we are about 15 in quality points. 

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/football

27 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

I like Kirby a lot, his staff outside of Dell McGee and Sam Pittman were a bunch of asshats though. Most coaches in our  state will agree with that, even if they’re diehard dawgs.

Why do you like the THUGA POS coach?

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm afraid it is just wishful thinking that it will actually hurt his overall recruiting.  

Might cost them a player here and there but dawgs, Clemson, and bama are well ahead of the field this year in "quality" of recruits.   

Good class by AU IMO but if the rivals ranking is anywhere near accurate we are about 15 in quality points. 

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/football

Huh? We’re literally 8th in the link that you posted 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Possibly looking out of state for recruits

41 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Flipping the 5* OLineman from thUGA would be the cherry on top of a very nice class.

And getting Jackson and Hardy in Feb.......call me greedy.  Not sure Busby will make it due to grades.  He's to hoping so.  Remaining one or two will be left for grad transfers.  One of those two likely being another qb on scholly.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

BUT THIS IS WHAT WE TRY TO TELL @Mikey.

Why on the world would you be trying to tell me this? I was posting about how a huge percent of prospects eventually sign with the school they first committed to before I even noticed you on this board. You probably heard it from me first, then forgot where you learned the lesson.

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bill Taylor 

He's a great one. Our extra point string would probably still be going if Taylor hadn't been injured.

16 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Why do you like the THUGA POS coach?

Because when he recruited kids that I coached when he was at Bama, and at UGA he did a great job of being honest with them and their coaches about where they stood with his program. He also has treated one of my all-time favorite kids right at UGA. I’m an Auburn fan but I can still remain objective, can you?

12 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Huh? We’re literally 8th in the link that you posted 

There are a number of ranking services.......seemed that E or someone said Rivals was best but I don't know enough about the others to draw any conclusions.   Rivals seems to be well known and respected. 

Just noting that the ranking is based on total points....which is numbers times ranking of each player.....which can shade the ranking to schools that sign more players.   I was looking at the "quality" of the classes and some schools with fewer players also signed more 5* and 4* players. 

Regardless, I don't put too much faith in the recruiting rankings ….comparing one school to another ….but there is no doubt that the teams currently in the top 10 or 15 at the end of this season ….also raked in the most talent...and that includes Auburn. 

2 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Because when he recruited kids that I coached when he was at Bama, and at UGA he did a great job of being honest with them and their coaches about where they stood with his program. He also has treated one of my all-time favorite kids right at UGA. I’m an Auburn fan but I can still remain objective, can you?

Yes...he’s a POS!

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well life is not going to get easier in the SEC.

Six  of the top 8 teams nationally today are from the Southeast conference.

As expected, the rich got richer.

Even though today has been a great day for us by any measure, our main rivals (UGA bammer,LSU ) did just as well or even better than we did.

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Even though today has been a great day for us by any measure, our main rivals (UGA bammer,LSU ) did just as well or even better than we did.

LSU has a solid class but today wasn’t good for them. They lost three top recruits (one of them going Maryland of all places) so it doesn’t look like they’ll finish anywhere near #1 like many projected 

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

True.....but not a big surprise to me....but the top of the SEC is running away from the bottom half year by year with superior recruiting, facilities and talent. 

Not sure this is good for the conference ...but I have no idea what can be done.    

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's a great one. Our extra point string would probably still be going if Taylor hadn't been injured.

Just keep digging your hole. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just keep digging your hole. 

That's funny. What I see is you and some of the other mice butting your heads against a wall of facts.

Archived