2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Really glad to add Height to the class.......don't love how it happened with him posting last weak he was 100% with Miami and now flips to us on signing day. 

Yeah, really hate that.  😉  😂

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Excellent!! Mikey's pressure on staff for more quality/quantity LB signings is working! 😁 (Have to say I read too much into Romello's  twitter account today still having him doing  a hand "U" w/ Manny Diaz).

Now we need to get Mikey on them about the OL and true pass rushers lol

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, really hate that.  😉  😂

I know...i know....its all part of the recruiting game. But i don't like it when we get hit with these so can't get to up about us pulling it on another team. Now had he been committed to uga or bama...... there are no gentlemen rules when it comes to those 2

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...my last comment.....it's not business world but the fact that I listen to a number of sports talks programs, nationally and sometimes they have opinions that differ from what folks on this site are posting......some of whom,   IMO,  have a somewhat limited perspective about what goes on elsewhere in college sports.  :dunno:     

OK, and I'll say that 98% of the talk radio sports guys don't follow recruiting super closely.  They glean info from Rivals, 24/7, and message boards to get their cues and pass that info along as if it's their own.  If I had to pick one or the other to bank on, knowing neither would be infallible, I'd side with ellitor every day and twice on Sundays.

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Really glad to add Height to the class.......don't love how it happened with him posting last weak he was 100% with Miami and now flips to us on signing day. 

Coach Bruce Pearl was looking to add Height to his class of signees because Shariffe is a little small.   I think I read that....

Man this has been one great ENSD. Hope everyone is enjoying this cause we don't usually have these without a little heartbreak sprinkled in

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Coach Bruce Pearl was looking to add Height to his class of signees because Shariffe is a little small.   I think I read that....

:rimshot:

Just now, gravejd said:

Man this has been one great ENSD. Hope everyone is enjoying this cause we don't usually have these without a little heartbreak sprinkled in

Well, we did miss out of Flax and didn't flip Walker like we were hoping too.  Reed is also one we'd like to get but UGA seems to be feeling good about hanging on to him.  Still have yet to adequately address the OL talent issue IMO.  But yeah, overall it's been very good.

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Not holding my breath lol 

39 minutes ago, Carnell said:

The Miami Dolphins had a defense similar to that.  It was called the 57 defense named for the Jersey # of bob Mathias that  made the defense famous.  He could put put his hand down and be a buck/de or he could stand up and be a linebacker for pass coverage or picking up a running back.  From shula describing the D it was up to Mathias as to which position he was going to assume.

Corrections:  Bob Matheson was his name and his number was 53 which coordinated with the 53 defense.  Our very own Captain Crunch, Mike Kolen was number 57 for the Dolphins during that time. 

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

HEY HEY HEY!!!! GO KNOCK ON SOME WOOD NOW!!!!!! There is still time for some heartbreak to be had. DONT YOU DARE JINX IT!!! NOOOOOOO SIR!!!!!!!!!! It will not be truly a great day till IF Eric Reed commits to us THEN signs!!!!! hahahahah but yes SO FAR it has been a great day!!!! WOOOO! I will say even though we knew it was coming not getting Dallas Walker on board hurt. Kid visited us a bunch down the stretch. BUT THIS IS WHAT WE TRY TO TELL @Mikey. The toughest thing to do is to get these guys to actually flip. Most of the time they do some heavy duty flirting but end up staying with their original school lol. We did everything right. He visited for the Georgia, Bama AND THEN a Official Visit but all it took was 1 in home with Jimbo to flip it back in their direction.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, we did miss out of Flax and didn't flip Walker like we were hoping too.  Reed is also one we'd like to get but UGA seems to be feeling good about hanging on to him.  Still have yet to adequately address the OL talent issue IMO.  But yeah, overall it's been very good.

True we didn't get everyone we wanted but we have gained a couple and lost 0 so that is huge. The losing 0 is mostly what I was referring to with my post. 

Hope we can get back to trending with Reed though......was thinking we looked good there. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Reed is also one we'd like to get but UGA seems to be feeling good about hanging on to him.

@TitanTiger is there something new on Rivals? Everything I've seen has AU trending.

Archived