2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

@TitanTiger is there something new on Rivals? Everything I've seen has AU trending.

Well, I may have read too much into a new thread over there.  The responses to the guy making that contention seem to say Auburn is in good shape.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TitanTiger is there something new on Rivals? Everything I've seen has AU trending.

So Reed would be 25, right, and that’s our supposed hard cap today. That’s counting the two February signatures.

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Rivals has us at #7  although Romellos signing hasn’t been factored in yet. Saw one site I’ve never heard had us at #5. Regardless it looks like our best class in years 

Getting major major love on ESPN because they have us as the number 5 class. which lets be honest that is what really matters when it comes to rankings and perception because all the tv coverage for today on recruiting is on ESPN. Chris Tompson JR really helps our class on ESPN. He is ranked the number 73rd player on ESPN and 247 own personal rankings has him in the 500 ish range I believe which makes his composite score crater.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Getting major major love on ESPN because they have us as the number 5 class. which lets be honest that is what really matters because all the tv coverage is on ESPN.

People can pick and choose which website ranking they want to base off of. I personally have always used 247 due to their composite rankings. Most people will choose to go to whichever website has their team/player ranked highest. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Getting major major love on ESPN because they have us as the number 5 class. which lets be honest that is what really matters because all the tv coverage is on ESPN.

The site I was talking about wasn’t ESPN but I had no clue ESPN had us that high. That’s major 

Just now, logan adams said:

People can pick and choose which website ranking they want to base off of. I personally have always used 247 due to their composite rankings. Most people will choose to go to whichever website has their team/player ranked highest. 

Which this year is ESPN!!! So it works perfectly for my narrative I am spinning! lol.

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

So Reed would be 25, right, and that’s our supposed hard cap today. That’s counting the two February signatures.

Reed would be # 23. I wouldn't count Buskey unless & until he signs in February. If we land Reed we will have 2-4 spots left.

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Georgia only having 16 commitments is weird. They’re playing a dangerous game 

Did they lose some they expected to get today? 

So ideal case?

-have Reed join today

-sign Hardy in February

-flip B.Jones to replace Buskey (assuming he’s doesn’t qualify)

That puts us at 24 right (25 with Buskey)?

With the last 2-3 spots, I’m guessing we’d look a GT/JUCO DT, then maybe another QB or best available prospect (maybe that JUCO CB) or leave the space(s) open for next year? 

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Georgia only having 16 commitments is weird. They’re playing a dangerous game 

I think Ellitor alluded that their style of recruiting has caused some in state schools to be pissed. They just got another elite ATH-WR commit which puts them back ahead of us in ESPN’s rankings. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

So ideal case?

-have Reed join today

-sign Hardy in February

-flip B.Jones to replace Buskey (assuming he’s doesn’t qualify)

That puts us at 24 right (25 with Buskey)?

With the last 2-3 spots, I’m guessing we’d look a GT/JUCO DT, then maybe another QB or best available prospect (maybe that JUCO CB) or leave the space(s) open for next year? 

Your forgetting MicKinnley Jackson. Ideal would be your 1st 4 bullets & MJ be # 25. If we then still have 2 spots as I & Mikey believe then they would ideally be for a Grad Transfer QB & a Grad Transfer OT (unless one of our OTs has a big Spring at LT.)

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Your forgetting MicKinnley Jackson. Ideal would be your 1st 4 bullets & MJ be # 25. If we then still have 2 spots as I & Mikey believe then they would ideally be for a Grad Transfer QB & a Grad Transfer OT (unless one of our OTs has a big Spring at LT.)

We knew M Jackson plan all along was for him to sign in Feb. I will always wonder why if we do not land him why we had him take a OV in December and not wait till Jan.

Pegues to be utilized as the H-back. Not sure who it was that said he was recruited to be our TE, but that was wrong. Will be interesting to see him used in the wildcat as well. 

Archived