2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

OT: but Mario is BUILDING something at Oregon. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know where the composite is at right now, but I’d imagine this can finish as Gus’s best class in spades if Reed and Jones are here when it’s all said and done

Might not be the best finish for him in terms of rankings, but if we land both of those guys, I believe that this will be the best and most complete class for him. 

1 minute ago, logan adams said:

Pegues to be utilized as the H-back. Not sure who it was that said he was recruited to be our TE, but that was wrong. Will be interesting to see him used in the wildcat as well. 

In a Chad Morris offense he can be a huge weapon at Tight End. At Clemson Chad Morris had 1 Mackey Award Winner (best TE in the Country) and another finalist for it in his 4 seasons there.We need to take full advantage of a guy this talented.

I am stoked we signed Romello Height but if we look at the big picture of his recruitment... we wouldn't like it AT ALL if we were Miami fans. 

Heights recruitment reminds me a lot of Pickens recruitment. Height was committed to Miami for months. He had all Miami images on his social media. Last week he stated he was shutting down his recruitment, and as of last night was telling Miami fans to chill that he was locked in with Miami. 

Signs with Auburn today. 

Again I'm absolutely stoked he signed with us, but I know how Miami fans feel when one gets trolled by epic proportions such as Height did to them. Heights recruitment is also reminiscent of the games played by Javon, except this time it wasnt happening to us.

This is a prime example of everything that is wrong with recruiting. 

Just now, logan adams said:

Might not be the best finish for him in terms of rankings, but if we land both of those guys, I believe that this will be the best and most complete class for him. 

We really really need McKinley Jackson as well. That is a huge need to finish this recruiting class after we came close but did not get it done with Dallas Walker. His recruitment just feels like it will have so many twists and turns the next 2 months. BUT I have faith G and Woodson can close the deal!!! WAR DAMN!!! #knockonwood.

3 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Pegues to be utilized as the H-back. Not sure who it was that said he was recruited to be our TE, but that was wrong. Will be interesting to see him used in the wildcat as well. 

@logan adams TE & HB are the same thing in our offense.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Your forgetting MicKinnley Jackson. Ideal would be your 1st 4 bullets & MJ be # 25. If we then still have 2 spots as I & Mikey believe then they would ideally be for a Grad Transfer QB & a Grad Transfer OT (unless one of our OTs has a big Spring at LT.)

Don’t know how I forgot Jackson. Was thinking about him when I made my post, but I guess it just slipped my mind. But yeah, add him with Reed, Hardy, and Jones. And then do whatever with the last 2 slots, and I think everyone will be happy haha. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

In a Chad Morris offense he can be a huge weapon at Tight End. At Clemson Chad Morris had 1 Mackey Award Winner (best TE in the Country) and another finalist for it in his 4 seasons there.We need to take full advantage of a guy this talented.

According to Gus, he will be the H-back. I would love to be running behind this guy if I were a runningback.

Just now, ellitor said:

@logan adams TE & HB are the same thing in our offense.

I never really saw Prosch, Cox, or Shanker as much of tight ends. When he mentioned wildcat, that kind of scared me. 

Just now, logan adams said:

I never really saw Prosch, Cox, or Shanker as much of tight ends. When he mentioned wildcat, that kind of scared me. 

Changed label wise as of a year or 2 ago. They are now one in the same whether they are out wide, in tight, or in the backfield. (No adult jokes please.)

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Changed label wise as of a year or 2 ago. They are now one in the same whether they are out wide, in tight, or in the backfield. (No adult jokes please.)

Hopefully he gets some PT early on

I'd like to say kudos to JLee for sitting on the Romello secret visit last weekend. He's been better about stuff like that this year. In years past he would have sang like a canary.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I did some digging. The last time we had a class ranked this high was 2015 (finished #7). Before that the best one was 2010 when we finished #4. These are rivals rankings only 

247 composite is the standard 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd like to say kudos to JLee for sitting on the Romello secret visit last weekend. He's been better about stuff like that this year. In years past he would have sang like a canary.

Cost us Watson, IMO

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I did some digging. The last time we had a class ranked this high was 2015 (finished #7). Before that the best one was 2010 when we finished #4. These are rivals rankings only 

If everything breaks right this could be 6. UGA’s Numbers will come up and they should be able to permanently stay ahead of us, I would think

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

247 composite is the standard 

247 can eat ish for in their own personal rankings having our guy Chris Thompson JR  (WHO IS A FREAKING STUD!) so low. https://247sports.com/player/chris-thompson-jr-46041974/ 558 on 247?!?! COME ON MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Cost us Watson, IMO

hahahaha that was that clown war  blogle. The leader of the sunshine pumper brigade.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

247 can eat ish for in their own personal rankings having our guy Chris Thompson JR  (WHO IS A FREAKING STUD!) so low. https://247sports.com/player/chris-thompson-jr-46041974/ 558 on 247?!?! COME ON MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!! 

tenor.gif

Archived