2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Did we land 2 5 star OTs?

We did in my dreams.  I have also asked my wife for this for Christmas.  So we'll see what happens...

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Really hoping we can fill out our OL class with a great long snapper. 

The best thing about LSs is how versatile they are. They can snap long on punts, field goals AND extra points.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m thankful he flipped to Auburn but also, what’s the point of this? Besides making Miami fans mad. I’ll never get mad at a recruit from choosing another school over AU but it seems kinda pointless lead another school on and then flip last minute imo 

We were discussing the reporter side of things, but since you asked....

The kids (recruits) are under a good amount of pressure. Some handle one type of way, others another type of way. A ton of this recruiting game is played outside of the public's eye anyways. Maybe Height did call and graciously decommit to the Miami coaches at some point. Who knows? Does it matter?

Unless it's orchestrated shenanigans like we've seen from the west vance and thuga crews, then I don't get my panties in a wad over a recruit changing their mind. 

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m thankful he flipped to Auburn but also, what’s the point of this? Besides making Miami fans mad. I’ll never get mad at a recruit from choosing another school over AU but it seems kinda pointless lead another school on and then flip last minute imo 

The point is this...

Say Height would have told Miami coaches he was going to sign with Auburn...then they have all of that amount of time to lay the full court press on him until signing day. Not telling them means they pay more attention to others rather than worrying about the kid who says he is 1000% committed. 

Seems Gus has learned some tricks from Saban and Kirby. Those are games that have been played on Malzahn rather than Malzahn playing them.

That with the pulling of Javons offer...

Gus is growing. 

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He's putting it off after we made a push for him.

Nothing in our recent past says we will land him. Hope I’m wrong and then hope we get an elite OL coach and recruiter. Or maybe college football goes to 7 on 7, that should help us.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He's putting it off after we made a push for him.

He was signing in February before we made a push.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The best thing about LSs is how versatile they are. They can snap long on punts, field goals AND extra points.

Or fake it when the punter lines up as a receiver. :)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Shenker is more TE. Prosch was 100% FB. Cox was a true H. Uzomah was more TE. Lutz was all TE. Jay Jay Wilson was a slot receiver. Just depends on the dude. Or at least it has. Like @GwillMac6 said, maybe things change with Morris and we suddenly figure out how to actually use a TE. Or maybe Chad and Gus figure out a Charles Clay situation. 

Point being, like @ellitor said, no point in trying to make that distinction now.

Also, earlier in the thread there was a mention of Pegues being north of 300 pounds. 300 pounds that can move is nice. Even better if he likes to hit people.

If we can get Reed seems like we about had a clean sweep today. Hopefully we can get Jones and Jackson in February for icing on the cake. 

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Speaking of Miami flips.....I present a scary DB and kick returner. This cat is a certified monster!

D9ImUgNXoAEx8Uj.0.jpg

I believe he may be the best player in the class . Kid is a piece of granite. 

Just now, bg5 said:

How long does it take for this kid to say I pick Auburn?

Just long enough for me to post!!! Boom!!!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 ESD Discussion Thread Eric Reed Commits To AU!

Archived