2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3* OT, I know it’s not us but I find it interesting he’s saying it’s based off something he promised a deceased friend. Maybe UGA which is his other CB option.

I am seeing where they say he got a Georgia offer. Big for us I would think. Maybe that means they think they are losing Jones? Also seen where they think the van Pran guy may go elsewhere so who knows. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m ready to see what happens with Height tomorrow. It’ll be crazy if he flips after just last week he said Miami fans shouldn’t be worried and he’s 100% committed to them 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

I’m ready to see what happens with Height tomorrow. It’ll be crazy if he flips after just last week he said Miami fans shouldn’t be worried and he’s 100% committed to them 

Yup! I wish he hadn’t done that

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! I wish he hadn’t done that

If he flips then he’s doing to Miami, to what Cohen was going to do to us before his plan backfired

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If he flips then he’s doing to Miami, to what Cohen was going to do to us before his plan backfired

Not really. Cohen’s was premeditated for a good while. I don’t think Heights is.  Although it’s still not a good look.

Keith with a couple of early morning 5 AM predictions. Pegues to Auburn. Height too close to call but Auburn 51–49.

Zierer is first and it’s fitting our future at LT will be with another foreigner (Germany). 

Well it looks like we have until 8:00 for more! Which is perfect, I can get ready for the work day and check back in during planning.

Y’all keep up the hype!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Well it looks like we have until 8:00 for more! Which is perfect, I can get ready for the work day and check back in during planning.

Y’all keep up the hype!

Next year you're taking the day of & manning the discussion thread.

Never mind, Tate had to follow his friend and roommate! Fitting they’re back-to-back

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Next year you're taking the day of & manning the discussion thread.

I could actually swing this lol I never use my sick days.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I could actually swing this lol I never use my sick days.

Good! Remind me in 364 days. lol

8 hours ago, CR said:

In fairness to Grimes, he didn't force AU to hire him back. His recruiting deficiencies led to him leaving the 1st time. Gus had a big chance to make a good hire after Hand left and chose to bring Grimes back for a 2nd term. What was Grimes supposed to do, turn down more money at a better job than the one he had? 

This. All offensive line recruiting criticism- the vast majority of which is very valid- should be directed at Gus. This is 100% of his making.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This. All offensive line recruiting criticism- the vast majority of which is very valid- should be directed at Gus. This is 100% of his making.

More importantly, for today at least, we have the NLI’s in and they’re all from promising offensive linemen 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

More importantly, for today at least, we have the NLI’s in and they’re all from promising offensive linemen 

I was just thinking about that. No matter what, it's nice to see those three letters come in first.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I was just thinking about that. No matter what, it's nice to see those three letters come in first.

Saw a tweet that mentioned we have the same number of OL NLI's in the first hour of today than we have in each of the last 4 recruiting cycles.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE...

(Bro Jones for anyone unsure)

Just for fun, did the tweets hinting at a stud signing today start happening about the same time that Flax to Kentucky became evident?

Saw this elsewhere & thought it was funny...

Feels likes Gus is trolling us with these 1st NLIs.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Saw a tweet that mentioned we have the same number of OL NLI's in the first hour of today than we have in each of the last 4 recruiting cycles.

Gus, under his breath: "Maybe that will shut them up."

Edit: What @ellitor said

Just for fun, did the tweets hinting at a stud signing today start happening about the same time that Flax to Kentucky became evident?

No. Days before.

Archived