Null



Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2020 ESD Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mikey said:

That's funny. What I see is you and some of the other mice butting your heads against a wall of facts.

I’d love an explanation of your “facts” as to how Bill Taylor is an offensive lineman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




This is a very good class. I hate that big Z was hurt late as he was going to push for starting time. What can set this class apart from others is if Hardy actually signs in Feb and we can flip Jones. That would make it one of the best classes ever. If we were somehow able to add Jackson from MS, this would probably be the best class ever at AU. 

But to me it is all about finding OTs. Jones is a priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

LSU has a solid class but today wasn’t good for them. They lost three top recruits (one of them going Maryland of all places) so it doesn’t look like they’ll finish anywhere near #1 like many projected 

That’s good news 👍

Its just dog eat dog in the SEC.

If we can pull top 5-7 each recruiting cycle, we should be able to turn things around on the field more consistently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got out of wrestling practice...

we got Reed?!?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOTHER FFFFFFFF NNNNNNNNNN HOOOOOO BAY BE!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Don't know.  Maybe just general arrogance in how they interact.  Maybe it's the way they treat their kids - slow playing them, yanking offers, whatever.  I'm just spitballing.  But the state of Georgia was not devoid of talent this year.  According to 24/7, they had 37 kids rated 4-star or higher (by contrast, Alabama had just 16.)  So the argument that it was a down year talent wise in the state wouldn't fly.  So why would they do so terrible? 

I think they simply just don’t want to play for him. He threw his WR’s under the bus after the SEC championship game, basically saying they weren’t good enough

Also I understand why Georgia DL recruits don’t go there because UGA d line men don’t get drafted. 

And it seems like Tank really doesn’t like UGA because he retweeted an article on Twitter about a UGA RB getting arrested over the weekend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Because when he recruited kids that I coached when he was at Bama, and at UGA he did a great job of being honest with them and their coaches about where they stood with his program. He also has treated one of my all-time favorite kids right at UGA. I’m an Auburn fan but I can still remain objective, can you?

We are exposed to a completely different view. It rarely fits the preconceived thoughts  of some fans. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True.....but not a big surprise to me....but the top of the SEC is running away from the bottom half year by year with superior recruiting, facilities and talent. 

Not sure this is good for the conference ...but I have no idea what can be done.    

It’s crazy...

If we can stay within shouting distance for a couple of more recruiting cycles, we have a shot at running of a string of those 10 win seasons. We may be able to sneak in an SEC or two as well 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

It’s crazy...

If we can stay within shouting distance for a couple of more recruiting cycles, we have a shot at running of a string of those 10 win seasons. We may be able to sneak in an SEC or two as well 

True.....I need more than one season from Coach O to be convinced that he will be consistent at LSU....but the big "state name" schools will always be a problem in recruiting....note that UT is back in the hunt with a good class this year and no reason to think that all the rest won't be able to recruit well year after year. 

JMO but it's mostly about the QB and I'm just hoping that Bo turns out to be a 5* level quarterback for AU....and if so,  I think we get enough comparable talent to be competitive and sneak in some upsets against what looks like better talent.   You rarely see a bad QB playing on a "good" team, speaking of W-L record....or a really good team without a good QB. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

247 Sports has them at #24.

I imagine that’s a win for them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get the 5 star OL could he start next year? He looks good enough but I doubt he’ll start at LT he’s have to be RT. Which mean Bro Hamm would be LT or one of the Jucos? Is Hamm good enough for LT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If we get the 5 star OL could he start next year? He looks good enough but I doubt he’ll start at LT he’s have to be RT. Which mean Bro Hamm would be LT or one of the Jucos? Is Hamm good enough for LT?

What? Why do you want everybody switched around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

There are a number of ranking services.......seemed that E or someone said Rivals was best but I don't know enough about the others to draw any conclusions.   Rivals seems to be well known and respected. 

Just noting that the ranking is based on total points....which is numbers times ranking of each player.....which can shade the ranking to schools that sign more players.   I was looking at the "quality" of the classes and some schools with fewer players also signed more 5* and 4* players. 

Regardless, I don't put too much faith in the recruiting rankings ….comparing one school to another ….but there is no doubt that the teams currently in the top 10 or 15 at the end of this season ….also raked in the most talent...and that includes Auburn. 

I do not know how anyone could think that Rivals is the best when 247 has a composite ranking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If we get the 5 star OL could he start next year? He looks good enough but I doubt he’ll start at LT he’s have to be RT. Which mean Bro Hamm would be LT or one of the Jucos? Is Hamm good enough for LT?

You play the best 5 and figure out the best combination. Tackles move inside to guard all the time when they transition into the pros (it’s typically easier so long as they have the bulk).

Brahms is probably a lock at Center. Zierer could be a legit starter, Troxell could be legit, and Hamm could be legit but they’re all at the COULD stage.

My hope is that Grimes throws out seniority and plays the best 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

 

reminds me of the 2011 signing class,   Enrique Florence, Jonathan Rose, Robensen Therezie, Jermaine Whitehead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

This is a very good class. I hate that big Z was hurt late as he was going to push for starting time. What can set this class apart from others is if Hardy actually signs in Feb and we can flip Jones. That would make it one of the best classes ever. If we were somehow able to add Jackson from MS, this would probably be the best class ever at AU. 

But to me it is all about finding OTs. Jones is a priority. 

In terms of avg rating per signee, it’s already our second best, only to last years. Gus has basically accrued our best recruiting staff ever, and that’s with a geriatric who can’t even do it anymore (no offense)

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True.....I need more than one season from Coach O to be convinced that he will be consistent at LSU....but the big "state name" schools will always be a problem in recruiting....note that UT is back in the hunt with a good class this year and no reason to think that all the rest won't be able to recruit well year after year. 

JMO but it's mostly about the QB and I'm just hoping that Bo turns out to be a 5* level quarterback for AU....and if so,  I think we get enough comparable talent to be competitive and sneak in some upsets against what looks like better talent.   You rarely see a bad QB playing on a "good" team, speaking of W-L record....or a really good team without a good QB. 

 

I am more interested Uga situation. Not that I can ever remember them struggling to find a QB, but I am more interested to see what life for Kirby is like without Jack Fromm leading them. IMO, Kirby has been blessed with a unique leader playing QB for him. I am very interested in seeing what life is like for Kirby after Jake is gone. Because that dudes leadership skills are not easily found. 

While the same could be said about LSU this year. We all know that Coach O can recruit like no other, and he has managed to put a staff around him that I believe will be able to adapt to life after Burrow. UGA on the other hand, I will need time before I am convinced. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In terms of avg rating per signee, it’s already our second best, only to last years. Gus has basically accrued our best recruiting staff ever, and that’s with a geriatric who can’t even do it anymore (no offense)

Imagine if JB  moved on

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TXaubie said:

I am more interested Uga situation. Not that I can ever remember them struggling to find a QB, but I am more interested to see what life for Kirby is like without Jack Fromm leading them. IMO, Kirby has been blessed with a unique leader playing QB for him. I am very interested in seeing what life is like for Kirby after Jake is gone. Because that dudes leadership skills are not easily found. 

While the same could be said about LSU this year. We all know that Coach O can recruit like no other, and he has managed to put a staff around him that I believe will be able to adapt to life after Burrow. UGA on the other hand, I will need time before I am convinced. 

anticipate trouble ahead after Jake Leaves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In terms of avg rating per signee, it’s already our second best, only to last years. Gus has basically accrued our best recruiting staff ever, and that’s with a geriatric who can’t even do it anymore (no offense)

I think if we land Jones, this will be the best recruiting class under Malzahn. And when I say best, I mean most well-rounded and complete class. Really hope we can snag that dude. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In terms of avg rating per signee, it’s already our second best, only to last years. Gus has basically accrued our best recruiting staff ever, and that’s with a geriatric who can’t even do it anymore (no offense)

Humm, careful with what you say about us geriactics. Grey power!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Imagine if JB  moved on

I don’t think we ever contacted Luke, but I think we’d already have Broderick Jones if we did have him. We don’t even need someone amazing at coaching, just decent and a dependable recruiter. He’s probably a good developer but the trade off is he’s useless on the trail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this