2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Imagine if JB  moved on

It could be JBs last season coaching.....

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

How the heck is CT a 3 star? Crazy

@bigbird Both Rivals & 247 have questions on his coverage ability. 247's big drop came in the Summer. Rivals had a big drop then too but finidhed it of this month dropping him to a 3*. Hope he proves them wrong.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/videos/sports/college/auburn/2019/12/18/gus-malzahn-introduces-auburns-early-2020-signing-class/2690397001/

If this was already posted, I missed it. Love the Way Gus talks about the quality of the players, continually mentions their GPAs, (which are excellent) and Gus stresses how they all come from good strong families!

Love hearing that stuff!

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why on the world would you be trying to tell me this? I was posting about how a huge percent of prospects eventually sign with the school they first committed to before I even noticed you on this board. You probably heard it from me first, then forgot where you learned the lesson.

Bishhhhhhhh who you trying to fool!?!?!! Just the other day you were arguing with the E man about this trying to argue the opposite!!! Hahaha come onnnnnnnn maaaaaaaaaaan..... O wait guess what!?!?!? Who gives a flying foosackly's!? Lol. It's just trivial drivel right now!!!!

Today we got a lot better!!! Today was just another great day to be a Auburn Tiger!!!! Wooooooo!!!!! War damn eagle!!!! 4 four 🌟 commits!? Let's gooooo!!!!!! Baaaaay baaaaaay.

2 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Because when he recruited kids that I coached when he was at Bama, and at UGA he did a great job of being honest with them and their coaches about where they stood with his program. He also has treated one of my all-time favorite kids right at UGA. I’m an Auburn fan but I can still remain objective, can you?

Lol helllll noooooooo I cannot be objective when it comes to that 🐍 oil salesman!!!! I despise him more than any other coach. Including saban. He goes about trying to humiliate AU in the most embarrassing possible way. All those bama flips those years plus Alan Evans son AND Pickens at Georgia were all orchestrated by that dude. So he can F off.

Speaking of coaches I can’t stand, there’s no way in hell Tennessee finishes #9 in recruiting this year without there being some seriously illegal (Regarding NCAA) things going on. 

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

UGA signed only three players from the state of Georgia today.  By contrast Auburn signed nine.  And we took 5 of the top 15 from the state of GA.  They got two committed (one signed today).  And the one that waited might be flipping to us in February. 

Now I'm sure UGA fans will argue that they want the best players nationwide, but you have to get the best players from home consistently.  In a talent-rich state like Georgia, you lock that down first then supplement with the best of the rest.  

It also might tell you a little something about the UGA coaching staff.  HS coaches know what's up.  They see and interact with the in-state coaching staffs more than anyone.  Yet the state of GA got raided by Clemson, Auburn, and others today for their best players.  Has Kirbs and Co. rubbed too many HS coaches the wrong way and worn out their welcome?

@TitanTiger this is something I've discussed before, as has JRinAtl on the Bunker. That should be the case but it's not with UGA's staff. At least some Georgia high school coaches are pissed Kirby has gone national & left their boys behind. Word is if Kirby doesn't win a natty soon it could backfire him in his own state with the coaches there. I don't know if this had a factor in us doing so well in Georgia this class but it's definitely plausible.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

What has Kirby been doing that's rubbed the local coaches the wrong way? Honest question

@Tiger See above.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So why would they do so terrible?

Because they've gone national at the risk of losing some of the important resources & coaches in their home state.

4 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

I like Kirby a lot, his staff outside of Dell McGee and Sam Pittman were a bunch of asshats though. Most coaches in our  state will agree with that, even if they’re diehard dawgs.

@AUinGA44 what do you think of my post about some coaches in state not being happy about Kirby going national over their kids & it potentially coming back to bite Kirby down the line if it hasn't started to already?

1 hour ago, logan adams said:

I do not know how anyone could think that Rivals is the best when 247 has a composite ranking...

Thanks....took a look and the results look about the same as Rivals......regardless, the teams are pretty well stacked up the same and top SEC teams are dominating the national rankings....and the bottom SEC teams are in more trouble...

JMO but mathematically a composite ranking is no more valid than a good individual system.....It's all a bunch of subjective opinions anyway. 

http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRankings

RK TEAM TREND COMMITS

Clemson

Alabama

Ohio State

LSU

Auburn
+1 24

Georgia
-1 19

Florida

Texas A&M

I guess I am late to the party, but I didn’t realize until recently, BSPN and therefore the SEC network, has AU at number five ahead of Georgia, Texas A&M and UF.

Oh, my bad, this may not be up to date.

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

I am more interested Uga situation. Not that I can ever remember them struggling to find a QB, but I am more interested to see what life for Kirby is like without Jack Fromm leading them. IMO, Kirby has been blessed with a unique leader playing QB for him. I am very interested in seeing what life is like for Kirby after Jake is gone. Because that dudes leadership skills are not easily found. 

While the same could be said about LSU this year. We all know that Coach O can recruit like no other, and he has managed to put a staff around him that I believe will be able to adapt to life after Burrow. UGA on the other hand, I will need time before I am convinced. 

Yep...Eason and Fields moved on....and maybe KS had nothing to do with that....but guys like that only come along every now and then.  I've seen nothing to indicate that Fromm is leaving so KS has another year with him.    He's given us trouble but generally is a very basic QB aided by a good running game. 

Regardless, they have really fallen behind 247 in recruiting stuff. They need someone like E in charge. 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRankings

RK TEAM TREND COMMITS

Clemson

Alabama

Ohio State

LSU

Auburn
+1 24

Georgia
-1 19

Florida

Texas A&M

I guess I am late to the party, but I didn’t realize until recently, BSPN and therefore the SEC network, has AU at number five ahead of Georgia, Texas A&M and UF.

Oh, my bad, this may not be up to date.

Saw that on the SEC channel with crawl at the bottom of the screen earlier in the evening as LSU got hammered by East Tennessee in round ball. ….sweet...  

Since we don't like BSPN I guess we should ignore this lofty ranking.....but it still makes me feel good to see us ranked over the dawgs. 😁   

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Went back and watch players make their decisions, nice to see some player chose the University of Auburn.

All the best ones do. 

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUinGA44 what do you think of my post about some coaches in state not being happy about Kirby going national over their kids & it potentially coming back to bite Kirby down the line if it hasn't started to already?

It’s definitely started. Especially in rural Georgia, which ironically has the most loyal UGA fan bases. 4 star kids from South Georgia don’t like being told to wait on 4 star kids from other parts of the country... I don’t blame them. I also hope it keeps happening because it’s damn good for AU.

2 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

It’s definitely started. Especially in rural Georgia, which ironically has the most loyal UGA fan bases. 4 star kids from South Georgia don’t like being told to wait on 4 star kids from other parts of the country... I don’t blame them. I also hope it keeps happening because it’s damn good for AU.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That was one of the biggest issues with strong while at UTx. He alienated almost all the HS coaches. Rhule on the other hand hired 3 or 4 if the best HS coaches for his staff and it has paid off hugely

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Saw that on the SEC channel with crawl at the bottom of the screen earlier in the evening as LSU got hammered by East Tennessee in round ball. ….sweet...  

Since we don't like BSPN I guess we should ignore this lofty ranking.....but it still makes me feel good to see us ranked over the dawgs. 😁   

Also, I didn’t realize Scout.com has the turds at number one again. How on earth do they have the turds ranked ahead of Clemson? They have lost all credibility!

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

LOL; Just so good, to tune into the SEC network, and see Auburn in the top five in football recruiting!

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Also, I didn’t realize Scout.com has the turds at number one again. How on earth do they have the turds ranked ahead of Clemson? They have lost all credibility!

Shoot who knows.?  ...everyone has a system.....and maybe some of their "analysts" trust the bama coaches and evaluators more than they trust ESPN or 247.   It's mostly a beauty contest IMO.....all the girls are pretty. 

#7 on 247 sports

#5 ESPN

#8 Rivals

Let’s meat in the average and call it 6th-ish

Edit: forgot Scout even existed but they have us #7 and don’t count Tank as a 5*

Archived