2020 ESD Discussion Thread

ellitor

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

In case you missed it, Tisdol's commit video...

Love the 3-4 years comment 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

First of all, you said you were tired and going to get some rest. So why are you back on here? You’re back on here, because you have no other life!

The head coach, of the number five recruiting class in the country, gives a press conference on national signing day, and it doesn’t deserve its own thread?

The hatred some of you have for a head coach, that is about to have a 10 win season, with a teenage freshman quarterback, playing one of the toughest schedules in the country, is sad and pathetic!

Look, I don’t know what flew up your butt yesterday but let it go, man. And quit jabbing at E over minor stuff. 

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just waiting on an explanation on how our long snapper, Bill Taylor, is an offensive lineman... conveniently my question never got answered though. 

If we have injuries at Center, Guard, or Tackle this fall I’m sure he’ll step in beautifully.

Great class with the potential for a couple more great additions. Can't wait to see these young men on the field! Thanks for all of the effort/work that was put into this thread. All the comments , insider info, and updates were awesome!

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@sevenlee36 TBD

By all accounts Bro-Hamm ain't moving. If we land Jones it will be a 2 man race between him (or a Grad Transfer should we miss on Jones) & Trox at LT at minimum & maybe 3 depending How Zierer does in Fall camp if he is healthy as expected by then.

Could Coffey play LT?

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Could Coffey play LT?

I saw an article yesterday by his JUCO coach and he said he had played there and played pretty well. Talked about his athleticism. 

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

First of all, you said you were tired and going to get some rest. So why are you back on here? You’re back on here, because you have no other life!

Now we know if there was ever any doubt you are a troll.

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Could Coffey play LT?

I guess but I've heard of him more as a RT candidate. He should get his shot though. It was absent minded of me not to mention him in the LT battle.

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I saw an article yesterday by his JUCO coach and he said he had played there and played pretty well. Talked about his athleticism. 

@Gowebb11 Can you find & link it? I & am sure others would like to read it.

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

The head coach, of the number five recruiting class in the country, gives a press conference on national signing day, and it doesn’t deserve its own thread?

The hatred some of you have for a head coach, that is about to have a 10 win season, with a teenage freshman quarterback, playing one of the toughest schedules in the country, is sad and pathetic!

This is why we can’t have nice things; kids like this ruin everything. 

22 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

That clown's been on my ignore list for so long, I had forgotten he exists. Glad to see our dude E knows he's above that nonsense.

Thanks to @ellitor and AUF as always for hosting the best signing day parties. You're always going to have that one idiot that nobody invited who gets too drunk and belligerent and is asked to leave. Nobody's fault but his. I think we should get a couple kegs next year.

Side note: I will 100% get irrationally upset the next time we underperform, so I am 100% irrationally happy about this month we're having.  Gus is 3-0 since Thanksgiving. Thanks for giving us so much to celebrate this holiday season, Auburn Football. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Does putting a cornerback on the end of a field goal block unit make him a defensive end? 

No, it makes him a guy that's supposed to try to block the kick. Just as putting a CB on the LOS facing a wideout doesn't make him a down D lineman.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Gowebb11 Can you find & link it? I & am sure others would like to read it.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-recruiting-national-signing-day-2020-signee-spotlight-offensive-lineman-Brenden-Coffey-140632222/

BEST TRAITS: Said Butte College coach Robby Snelling: “He has grown a tremendous amount physically since he got here. He was like 220 and now he’s right around 280 at 6-feet-6, 6-feet-7. He’s really been able to grow at a good rate. It wasn’t all of a sudden, all at once. He’s very athletic, he can really run and he’s a big weight room guy. He also was the state shot put champ last year. He’s started on both sides, but he’s primarily our right tackle. We’ve got a kid on the other side at left tackle going to Oregon and sometimes we put them on the same side tighter. He’s primarily at right tackle, but he’s also played a decent amount at the left. He’s been solid, moving around and playing both sides has been good for him and his development. He’s physically gifted, a great athlete. He’s really learning the game. He jumps out at you athletically and does some things from an explosive standpoint that not a lot of people his size can do. He gets off the ball and runs down field pretty impressive for someone that big. Not a lot of people are like that.”

42 minutes ago, rophle said:

This is why we can’t have nice things; kids like this ruin everything. 

Nothing's ruined. I ain't going nowhere Lord willing.

source.gif

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I didn't think anyone over the age of three would need an explanation, but since you do: Turn on the TV and watch a football game. Wait for a punt play. See the center, the one in the middle of the offensive line? He's the deep snapper. He plays on the offensive line. That makes him an offensive lineman. Now, go find a game or tape to watch and all should be revealed to you.

Image result for court jester gif

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

It would be so much more palatable if he actually were a troll 

Unfortunately, I think that's the real him. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Side note: I will 100% get irrationally upset the next time we underperform, so I am 100% irrationally happy about this month we're having.  Gus is 3-0 since Thanksgiving. Thanks for giving us so much to celebrate this holiday season, Auburn Football. 

Ok, I had to think about 3-0 for a second.

Duh, I left Chad hanging. 🤭

16 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

How’d Georgia Tech do in recruiting?

Heard someone rambling about it being a wreck or something? :dunno:

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

That was one of the biggest issues with strong while at UTx. He alienated almost all the HS coaches. Rhule on the other hand hired 3 or 4 if the best HS coaches for his staff and it has paid off hugely

Yep, Joey Mac is my neighbor. Name drop much. Lol...

Georgia Tech with the 24th ranked class. I would say that’s impressive?!?!  Not that I have ever noticed their classes, but I would not have guessed that they would have a top 25 class. 

18 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Is there a good assessment of how we faired vs the Rest of the SEC West?

Currently according to 247’s composite’s rankings:

Alabama is in 2nd with a score of 310.39 and an average player rating of 93.48

UGA is 4th with a score of 293.24 and an average player rating of 93.65

LSU is 5th with a score of 292.45 and an average player rating of 92.43

Texas A&M is 6th with a score or 277.84 and a player rating of 91.27

Auburn is 7th with a score of 270.97 and a player rating of 90.88.

Most people put a lot of stock into the average player rating and typically when your average player rating breaks the 90 threshold, you’re doing something right and can compete with the big dogs. 

Auburn has broken that threshold for the the third year in a row. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Who the hell gives a rat ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia Tech fans? And it’s not a terrible idea to keep an eye on the teams that recruit the same pool of talent!!!!!! In the past we have recruited Georgia pretty heavily!!!    !

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Georgia Tech fans? And it’s not a terrible idea to keep an eye on the teams that recruit the same pool of talent!!!!!! In the past we have recruited Georgia pretty heavily!!!    !

You don't know the hate I have for tech/bobby dodd  apparently............they are lower then whale s*** on the bottom of the ocean. 

Archived