Bowl Season is Underway

AU64

Thought it would never happen but the first Bowl game of the season kicked off in the Bahamas a few minutes ago

Charlotte vs Buffalo...….first bowl game ever for the Charlotte 49ers..

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, Underway. And this old Ox is Oh fer two, as in 0-2 in my first two picks for the postseason in the Touchdown Auburn Bowl.  I had both Charlotte and Utah State as winners.  LoL's! :) 

What a great trip for both teams! Sweetest people on the island of Eleuthera...

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thought it would never happen but the first Bowl game of the season kicked off in the Bahamas a few minutes ago

Charlotte vs Buffalo...….first bowl game ever for the Charlotte 49ers..

Not a bad reward for being 7-5. 

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

What a great trip for both teams! Sweetest people on the island of Eleuthera...

Beautiful place. Abaco used to be. Probably will again. 

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Miami getting shut out by Louisiana Tech.

Guess it’s a Cane thing and we wouldn’t understand. 🤣

The game was so boring and depressing I switched over to Santa Jaws.  

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Miami's got a great history and a cool 30 for 30 episode, but their program is at best on par with Tennessee and Nebraska at this point. I guess a good recruiting base only goes so far. 
Watching one of their players celebrate with his turnover chain in Shreveport seems sadly fitting at this point.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

It’s year 1 and they’re already calling for Diaz’s head. Geez, give the guy some time.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Well, it wasn’t as bad as “getting shut out” makes it sound. It was 7-0 with just over a minute left when LaTech scored the second TD. 

OMG. It ain't getting better folks. Through the first eleven (!!) games of my TD AU Bowl postseason picks I am a whopping 3-8.  Is there a team you hate? Just ask me to pick 'em in a pick 'em.  I'm like the kiss of death.  (From now on I pick UGA when AU plays the dawgs.  Our Tigers aren't the problem. It's me!  Eeeeek! :)  )

Air Force figuring out how to beat Washington State. Do not let them have the ball. Just drove 98 yards in 13 minutes.

10 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

I tell you what, that Wazzu QB can sling it. 

I also have to say that Ryan Leaf is doing a very good job with the color commentary.

That guy has the quickest release I've seen in quite a while....Bo could learn from watching that....

OK  Day #3 

Memphis shredding the PSU defense thus far...

up 10-7 but looking unintimidated by the Nittney Lions...

And Notre Dame vs Iowa State....yawn...  but pretty good crowd for the game..JMO but ya gotta live in the Midwest to care about this game..

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK  Day #3 

Memphis shredding the PSU defense thus far...

up 10-7 but looking unintimidated by the Nittney Lions...

And Notre Dame vs Iowa State....yawn...  but pretty good crowd for the game..JMO but ya gotta live in the Midwest to care about this game..

Come on, man.  There’s potential HCing candidates all over the place.  We all should be interested.

Former AU DB commit Carlito Gonzalez just got destroyed by a Penn St TE. Unfortunately for him, he'll be on the highlight reels today.

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, man.  There’s potential HCing candidates all over the place.  We all should be interested.

You think that Kelly is gonna leave ND?   :dunno:   Otherwise....not so sure....

12 minutes ago, CR said:

Former AU DB commit Carlito Gonzalez just got destroyed by a Penn St TE. Unfortunately for him, he'll be on the highlight reels today.

TIde has turned in that game....I guess talent is what counts.....thought Memphis was gonna do well but whatever they were doing to start with has kinda run out of steam....but maybe gonna get back in the game before half time...

53 minutes ago, AU64 said:

TIde has turned in that game....I guess talent is what counts.....thought Memphis was gonna do well but whatever they were doing to start with has kinda run out of steam....but maybe gonna get back in the game before half time...

And now it appears to be turning back to Memphis. Pulled to within 5 on first drive out of half and now Penn St throws an interception.

Did I mention how much more fun the NY6 games are without UAT in the playoffs?

Archived