Bowl Season is Underway

AU64

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Did I mention how much more fun the NY6 games are without UAT in the playoffs?

No, but please do so now. It will be well-received. Promise! 😎

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys have hear of a submarine that dived too low, exceeded max depth and was crushed by the pressure? Well, my bowl picks have kind of turned out that way. That ship is below crush depth.  A moment of silence for my last gasp efforts to win a Touchdown Auburn Bowl, please. ;) 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Memphis will not go quietly. (Penn State is just hoping  that they go. Memphis may yet up and win this game.)

Memphis did OK....nowhere near the talent of PSU mostly just not big enough....but played a good game but could not stop the PSU offense.   

ND did about what was expected.....so on to Round 2 for the day.

LSU vs OK...….anyone dreaming of an upset?   

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Memphis did OK....nowhere near the talent of PSU mostly just not big enough....but played a good game but could not stop the PSU offense.   

ND did about what was expected.....so on to Round 2 for the day.

LSU vs OK...….anyone dreaming of an upset?   

Oddly enough, I kind of want LSU to win it all. I like their coach. :) 

I haven’t watched much of PSU this year.  They have two stud RBs, 4 and 21. They don’t look that big, just stout and quick.  They don’t go down easily.  Defensively, what can you not say about 11.  He was all over the field all day.   PSU will need to be reckoned with next season. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

James Franklin out here living his best life

probably would be happier if they had beaten Minn.....bad loss for them..... 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

probably would be happier if they had beaten Minn.....bad loss for them..... 

Franklin is always good for one of those

That Air Force win was a thing of beauty. Smaller, less talented guys playing with precision and teamwork that's seldom seen these days. Every one of their ball carriers seemed to keep squirming and getting an extra 2 to 3 yards on every carry. Of course, me being an Air Force veteran makes me somewhat prejudiced but those Boys In Blue were getting after it!

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That Air Force win was a thing of beauty. Smaller, less talented guys playing with precision and teamwork that's seldom seen these days. Every one of their ball carriers seemed to keep squirming and getting an extra 2 to 3 yards on every carry. Of course, me being an Air Force veteran makes me somewhat prejudiced but those Boys In Blue were getting after it!

Loved their fight song, too.  It’s almost as if it was written for something other than football.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Go Air Force!

(Former USAF NCO and I love the way Air Force plays also!)

Anyone who thinks that nobody cares about you minor bowl games should have seen the last play of the Western Kentucky game earlier today. A 52-yard field goal after time expired to win the game. Winning team and fans went nuts.

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Miss State are you kidding me?   WTH?  Louisville is beating the dog crap outta them.  31 - 14 in the 4th.  Morehead may be gone. 

I generally root against the rest of the SEC in bowl games. I did pull for LSU in the Peach though.

28 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Miss State are you kidding me?   WTH?  Louisville is beating the dog crap outta them.  31 - 14 in the 4th.  Morehead may be gone. 

Guess you saw the piece about the fight the other day....the injured QB out of the game and the winner or the fight starting today.   No matter what it was about and how it started. I was surprised to see no discipline action....and the team looks dead  for the most part.   

1 hour ago, saminbama said:

There's a player  with the last name of Whitlow from Opelika playing for UL against MSU.  Any kin to Boobie?

Quite possibly. I taught with one of his cousins (she was precious), both from Lanett/Lafayette area, which are barely 15 miles from Opelika. Great article...old...but you can't miss the similar nickname....Boosie!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/100309416

36 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Hate how familiar some of this sounds...but I feel more hopeful than I did in 2017. Poor Moo. But considering those cowbells and an unfavorite fan or two in my past, that's all of the sympathy I can muster. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2019/11/30/joe-moorhead-return-mississippi-state

I know wins and losses don’t back me up but I’m still not sold on Mullen.  Similar to Gus it was the defense that made Florida so good this year.  Mullen tried to give away the game against Auburn.  The Miami game was really bad.  I feel like he’s lucky more than he is good which as the saying goes may work in his favor.  I do hope he keeps Kirby in check.

Archived