Bowl Season is Underway

AU64

I've seen enough to know Bama and Auburn should not be ranked #12and #13 respectively. BIG 12 is a joke. ACC is no better.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Could you imagine if Utah was actually the #4 seed? They probably wouldn't score a point against LSU

Oklahoma vs Texas A&M 2003 comes to mind.

6 minutes ago, Weagle98 said:

Didn’t think 99 really was continuing to play either. That Ute TD wasn’t either. Texas was screwed on that. 

SEC officials screw it up again, they can't even review a scoring play. Joke of the day is Steve Shaw has left the SEC to be some kind of national director of officials. Wow! 

37 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Someone did not want to be in this game.

Leadership in the pac-12 needs to do some soul-searching. I guess we will know more about Oregon after tomorrow but overall that conference is in real trouble. + Things are getting worse if you look at the recruiting this month. Top players are abandoning California in droves.

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I thought Utah was a good team.  Either Texas is playing way over their head or Utah is OVER-RATED!!

YES 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Unspectacular perhaps but pretty danged good playing at home... First road game for  Nix.

It wasnt his first road game. Texas A&M was his first, however, you have to find a way to beat a team like this Florida team with or without Nix at QB. I've seen several of these teams run a second QB out there to try and get a spark as well as run the wildcat. Its just a shame we lost to Florida out of the three losses we toted this year because we were more talented vs being equal or out talented. Virginia played with them most of the game and they were missing several players from their secondary. This was like a home game for Florida btw in Miami. 

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

This was like a home game for Florida btw in Miami.

I cannot agree with that. A bowl game in Miami is nothing like a regular season SEC game in Gainesville's Swamp.

11 hours ago, around4ever said:

I thought Utah was a good team.  Either Texas is playing way over their head or Utah is OVER-RATED!!

Nope.  Utah suffered from the same thing we did in 2017 and UGA did last year.  They were one game from the playoffs and lost.  Got sent to a bowl they didn't want to be at and it showed.

Some of y'all still don't understand that motivation matters big time with bowl games.  These are 18-22 year old young adults.  Emotionally, they are still developing.  If you think they'll bounce back that quickly after being so close to the playoff, then you're extremely naive.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  Utah suffered from the same thing we did in 2017 and UGA did last year.  They were one game from the playoffs and lost.  Got sent to a bowl they didn't want to be at and it showed.

Some of y'all still don't understand that motivation matters big time with bowl games.  These are 18-22 year old young adults.  Emotionally, they are still developing.  If you think they'll bounce back that quickly after being so close to the playoff, then you're extremely naive.

You make excellent points. They were still overrated.

59 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You make excellent points. They were still overrated.

Guess a team has two choices in matters like that....1) show 'em the PTBs they were wrong  or 2) enjoy the perks of the trip and don't kill yourself playing the game. 

Unfortunately for the Pac:     Utah was their play-off hope and got hammered by Oregon and no excuses about not wanting to be in that game....and who knows, maybe they were just not that good and it showed. ...again    Texas had better talent than a 7-5 team and no excuses for that many losses IMO. 

Archived