Nick Coe to forego senior season

Maverick.AU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get this decision at all.  He's not high on boards right now (if on them at all).  If he comes back, there's a chance to be the guy on the D line next year and really up his stock.

Good luck to him, but someone gave the kid bad advice here.

I'm not sure where Nick is getting advice but wherever it comes from it's questionable.  Maybe it's from the same source that told Bubba Pettway that he was an NFL star of the future.   Nick has a ton of potential but is leaving money on the table by leaving early and will probably end up as an undrafted free agent.  Very sad IMO.  

Pat Dye said on the Drive today that he flunked out of school. I’m not stating that as fact, just what he said. 

I really thought Coe was going to be great with his wrestling background.  I wish he would've been built and utilized at SDE.  I hope he figures out whatever is going on.

Curious about the decision but good luck to him. He saw some teammates benefit from staying another year. The timing doesn't make me think it's strictly financial. Certainly hope he makes it. 

18 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Pat Dye said on the Drive today that he flunked out of school. I’m not stating that as fact, just what he said. 

Wow, hate that if it's true. Would make sense though. 

Times have changed, Dye just played Fullwood in the bowl game anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Don't get this decision at all.  He's not high on boards right now (if on them at all).  If he comes back, there's a chance to be the guy on the D line next year and really up his stock.

Listening to some if the beat guys I think this was probably a mutual decision between Coe and the coaches. They had said earlier that AU was recruiting D line as if Coe wouldnt be back. Very disappointing I thought Coe was a real talent.

War Eagle Nick Coe! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication and for putting yourself in the line of fire every play! Wish nothing but the best for you!

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

This. I’m not afraid to say this is a dumb decision and sort of selfish; especially sitting the bowl game. I love Coe don’t get me wrong but that’s exactly why I’m disappointed in him. 

Someone on the board the other day was stating there were sauces saying he had attitude problems. I wonder if this was mutual? He really could have helped his stock by coming back but if his head isn't in it he shouldn't be here.

No hard feelings. I am thankful for all he gave AU as he appears to be thankful for all AU gave him. 

I personally will always remember him eating Jake Browing's Lunch on that option play in the Season opener 2018. One of the plays of the year Game changing play. 

Thanks Nic for the memories. Good luck in all your endeavors. Keep your head up and nose clean. War Damn Eagle and Out

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

My opinion- he was burnt out and just had no motivation to play college ball anymore. Seems getting NFL money is all he cared about (even late rounders make enough for a decent living). BUT I have some hard news for him.... that kind of effort in the NFL won’t fly. And I hope someone close to him has told him that. I do wish him the best and hope he can get it together, or else he better have a good degree to fall back on quickly. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This. I’m not afraid to say this is a dumb decision and sort of selfish; especially sitting the bowl game. I love Coe don’t get me wrong but that’s exactly why I’m disappointed in him. 

Sounds like it was a mutual decision.....and guess if he's not coming back, there is no point in him playing in the bowl game.    No mention of the transfer portal...and have my doubts that he is NFL material yet.   But it's early and he might come up with a better plan...

I think Coe checked out mentally on football about mid season. His mind just seem to be on FB right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even go for the NFL.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Someone on the board the other day was stating there were sauces saying he had attitude problems. I wonder if this was mutual? He really could have helped his stock by coming back but if his head isn't in it he shouldn't be here.

No hard feelings. I am thankful for all he gave AU as he appears to be thankful for all AU gave him. 

I personally will always remember him eating Jake Browing's Lunch on that option play in the Season opener 2018. One of the plays of the year Game changing play. 

Thanks Nic for the memories. Good luck in all your endeavors. Keep your head up and nose clean. War Damn Eagle and Out

Iron Bowl 2017 he was a monster. Huge reason we won. 

9 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Iron Bowl 2017 he was a monster. Huge reason we won. 

He wasn’t bad in 2018 either. I thought he would have a better season than Brown. I wish him well. Something broke down and I suspect it is not football related. 

Archived