Nick Coe to forego senior season

Maverick.AU

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And learn from leaders like Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson what it takes to handle your business on and off the field the right way. 

Not about to argue, you don't know what's going on with this dude, but if it was the big family vibe it would be wish you the best. As soon as it's leaving school early or don't play as good as hoped you're a villain.....but you're right about one thing Brown showed how you should handle this situation by showing class. Like he said you don't know what's going on in a person's life

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/23/2019 at 6:13 PM, Tiger said:

Thanks. IMO his potential was severely capped at DT, and he wasn't gonna take Marlon's snaps and he wasn't really quite a Buck like Big Kat... He would've shined in Davidson's spot next season IMO

He sacrificed a bunch by adding weight and playing but folks will forget about that.....I called his production dropping after him gaining the weight. I'm not surprised at all

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not about to argue, you don't know what's going on with this dude, but if it was the big family vibe it would be wish you the best. As soon as it's leaving school early or don't play as good as hoped you're a villain.....but you're right about one thing Brown showed how you should handle this situation by showing class. Like he said you don't know what's going on in a person's life

Agreed. NC is a huge talent. His message to AU as he left the team was very thoughtful and reflected a lot of gratitude for his time with us. I hope he has a great NFL career, and if not, that he succeeds in life. 

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. NC is a huge talent. His message to AU as he left the team was very thoughtful and reflected a lot of gratitude for his time with us. I hope he has a great NFL career, and if not, that he succeeds in life. 

That's all I'm saying, for whatever reason things didn't go as expected but I'm sure he wanted success but success is hard to come by and not all but some fans can be fickle so I'm saying you as a player should make choices with your happiness in my mind because how many really care about you as a person? That's all I'm saying, so IMO if a person dislikes that statement they aren't the brightest bulb in the group. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

He sacrificed a bunch by adding weight and playing but folks will forget about that.....I called his production dropping after him gaining the weight. I'm not surprised at all

It wasn't necessarily that.  Coe had an elbow injury all season that really hampered him.  He couldn't get off blocks correctly or swim.  This was never publicly disclosed which is why no one heard of it aside from the fact I have mentioned it a few times.  I do wish he stayed for next season, but for whatever reason why he left, I hope he finds success in whatever he does.  I really liked him.

Just now, abw0004 said:

It wasn't necessarily that.  Coe had an elbow injury all season that really hampered him.  He couldn't get off blocks correctly or swim.  This was never publicly disclosed which is why no one heard of it aside from the fact I have mentioned it a few times.  I do wish he stayed for next season, but for whatever reason why he left, I hope he finds success in whatever he does.  I really liked him.

I know he had injuries but playing inside as opposed to outside is complete different animals and trying to master one is daunting enough changing your body and trying to master another position is difficult and on top of that trying to do it in the SEC is very difficult. Some people have difficulty just gaining ten pounds playing a spot they've played their entire lives. Add on top of that most people can't judge a d end's play besides sacks he wasn't in a good position to duplicate those sack numbers again

I hate to see NC go because he has been a hell of a player for us. I hope he succeeds in life and in the NFL. He has the talent to be really dominate at the next level. Pulling hard for this guy to make it and appreciate his time on the plains. 

Archived