My guess

18 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

What's your best guess?

DE: Big Kat, Hardy
DT: Miller, Newkirk
DT: Truesdell, ??
BUCK: Hall, ??

Other DT - Jaren Handy

Buck - T.D. Moultry (if he can stop jumping the snap count)

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

It’ll be easier to have this conversation after February signing day so we can see the extra DL moves made. And Hardy hasn’t signed yet 

Sorry, I meant Handy instead of Hardy at SDE.  Unless we sign a big time JUCO DT I don't really see much changing with how it looks now and how it looks in February.  I suppose it's possible we find a sure-fire buck in the JUCO ranks but I haven't heard any chatter on that.

I'm also waffling on Miller or Newkirk starting.  Newkirk really came on at the end of the season.

Zykevious Walker being here in spring is big. The staff is apparently very excited about his ability to contribute early.

DE: Big Kat, Handy
DT: Truesdell, ?
BUCK: Hall, Wooden

Looks like a lot of opportunity for the Freshman to come in and get on the depth chart. We are going to be thin at tackle it looks like....or very inexperienced past Miller and Truesdell.

8 hours ago, steeleagle said:

DE: Big Kat, Handy
DT: Truesdell, ?
BUCK: Hall, Wooden

Looks like a lot of opportunity for the Freshman to come in and get on the depth chart. We are going to be thin at tackle it looks like....or very inexperienced past Miller and Truesdell.

Word around town is Wooden has really bulked up and is up to about 275 now after he got Mono. Some expect him to slide to SDE instead of Buck.

I look for it to look like this:

DE-Big Kat, Wooden, 

DT- Truesdell/ Handy 

DT- Miller/ Newkirk

Buck- Hall, Moultry,

12 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Rumored that Pegues is gonna be DLineman

I think that's probably the case but I don't expect him to have an impact next season.

14 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Word around town is Wooden has really bulked up and is up to about 275 now after he got Mono. Some expect him to slide to SDE instead of Buck.

I look for it to look like this:

DE-Big Kat, Wooden, 

DT- Truesdell/ Handy 

DT- Miller/ Newkirk

Buck- Hall, Moultry,

I could see this lineup.  

14 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Didn't realize that was an option for him.

I would be disappointed if that happened.  I am looking forward to seeing a 300 lbs wrecking ball catch a slant across the middle and see a CB try to drop him.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:55 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Zykevious Walker being here in spring is big. The staff is apparently very excited about his ability to contribute early.

This . I see walker starting especially with the early arrival 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . I see walker starting especially with the early arrival 

Probably not starting but a chance for rotation minutes like Hall had this year.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, Auhud08 said:

That's BS. I dont believe it for an instant. He picked Auburn because we strictly recruited him on offense. 

He will transfer the instant we try and swap him to defense. 

14 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think that's probably the case but I don't expect him to have an impact next season.

Why do you expect this to be the case when it was VERY CLEAR during his recruitment he was recruited only for offense? He made it clear offense was all he wanted by cutting the teams who openly wanted him on defense. 

13 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Didn't realize that was an option for him.

I would be disappointed if that happened.  I am looking forward to seeing a 300 lbs wrecking ball catch a slant across the middle and see a CB try to drop him.

It likely won't happen. Not at Auburn anyway. I 100% believe he will enter the transfer portal the VERY day we try and swap him to defense. 

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Why do you expect this to be the case when it was VERY CLEAR during his recruitment he was recruited only for offense? He made it clear offense was all he wanted by cutting the teams who openly wanted him on defense. 

The chirps of trusted birds.

We're heavy on strong side ends and light at DT. 

I suspect Handy will move inside. 

Buck will likely be a combo of Moultry, Hall, and Wooden. Mono really set Wooden back.

Seeing the roster adjustments as far as weight next time they release will be interesting.

I don't buy the Pegues chatter about moving him to defense. Steele and staff probably would love to have him on their side, BUT Gus is still HC and he's enamored with Pegues on offense. You can tell in the presser plus IIRC one of the beat guys asked after the presser and Gus emphatically shot it down.

29 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That would be dirty and wouldn't blame him one bit if he transferred. 

He was listed as dl on one of the big boards. Pretty sure au coaches made it clear where they wanted him

26 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

We're heavy on strong side ends and light at DT. 

I suspect Handy will move inside. 

Buck will likely be a combo of Moultry, Hall, and Wooden. Mono really set Wooden back.

Seeing the roster adjustments as far as weight next time they release will be interesting.

I don't buy the Pegues chatter about moving him to defense. Steele and staff probably would love to have him on their side, BUT Gus is still HC and he's enamored with Pegues on offense. You can tell in the presser plus IIRC one of the beat guys asked after the presser and Gus emphatically shot it down.

Wooden’s not a buck. He’s a DE

7 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Pretty sure au coaches made it clear where they wanted him

They sure did. On offense. Did you see the press conference? Not a SINGLE word about defense. 

JJ also spoke of how Porter coached his dad. Pegues didnt come to Auburn to play defense. 

I dont pretend to know more than WDE. I just know what I've seen with my own eyes. If we recruited him with the possibility of swapping to defense, I dont think there is a chance Gus ONLY talks about offense during the ESD presser. Gus would of talked about how he possesses the ability to play both sides of the ball, but he didnt. He ONLY spoke about offense. 

To me, that is pretty telling when it comes to how we recruited the kid.

Archived