2020 OT Brady Ward

Auhud08

MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – St. Paul’s offensive lineman Brady Ward received his All-American jersey on Friday.

The All-American Bowl is a high school all star game featuring the best seniors and top recruits in the country.

He has an offer from AU, but don’t know if it’s committable

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Why would we not want an All American O Lineman, especially an instate guy?  

Someone has identified a weakness or flaw would be my guess. Or we have our number and are holding out for a ringer. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Someone has identified a weakness or flaw would be my guess. Or we have our number and are holding out for a ringer. 

I think I know where the flaw is and it has nothing to do with Ward. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Say we did show legit interest in him. How are we going to try to pull him and Broderick Jones? We ain’t getting both. 

Makes sense... bird in the hand though

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

Why would we not want an All American O Lineman, especially an instate guy?  

Being invited to an all-star game titled "All American Game" and being an actual All-American are two vastly different things. This young man's name has popped up here before now. Apparently the only official visit he's been invited to is his recent visit to Arkansas. None of the normal SEC contenders have shown enough interest to use an official visit on him. Unless I mis-read the Rivals page, Ward is listed as the #30 prospect in Alabama and that's getting pretty far down the list. I don't think he's considered to be a prospect on most college boards.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

More handy work by JB.

ellitor said he wasn't a target and never had been. The coaches focus on who they want. We miss often but by your logic Grimes has failed on thousands of tackles this year and that isn't so. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gas makes the calls on all the OL targets.

So...Gas passed on Brady Ward. :poke:

On 12/26/2019 at 8:35 PM, gr82be said:

So...Gas passed on Brady Ward. :poke:

I would definitely like to fart on some of his decisions.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Dang!  Ole piss gets to give out grey shirt over us.  ugh!

A grayshirt is an offer to put a recruit in scholly in January. A Walk on (which is what AU offered), or even a PWO has no real assurance of that.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

A grayshirt is an offer to put a recruit in scholly in January. A Walk on (which is what AU offered), or even a PWO has no real assurance of that.

It's an offer but not solid.  Right?  They could decide not to give scholly next Jan. Right?

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

It's an offer but not solid.  Right?  They could decide not to give scholly next Jan. Right?

Right. In Ward's case it looks more like a tryout opportunity than anything else. Ol Miss only signed 16 players so they had plenty of room to give Ward a scholarship today had they wanted to do so. He'll have a summer and regular season to prove himself on the practice squad. If he looks like he can help them, he'll get his scholly. If not, hell have to decide whether to stay there on his own dime or go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

They could but I've never seen a school offer a kid a grayshirt & not put him on scholly in January if not sooner.

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Right. In Ward's case it looks more like a tryout opportunity than anything else. Ol Miss only signed 16 players so they had plenty of room to give Ward a scholarship today had they wanted to do so. He'll have a summer and regular season to prove himself on the practice squad. If he looks like he can help them, he'll get his scholly. If not, hell have to decide whether to stay there on his own dime or go elsewhere.

Counting transfer it looks like they plan to enroll 20. I'm not sure what Kiffin's strategy is but it looks like he's trying to land the max of 30 next year by enrolling 5 under the max this year.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Counting transfer it looks like they plan to enroll 20. I'm not sure what Kiffin's strategy is but it looks like he's trying to land the max of 30 next year by enrolling 5 under the max this year.

He's probably hoping that a full year's recruiting will bring in better quality players than what are left out there right now. Not a bad strategy if they will give him time to build his program.

Archived