Gophers OC

Carnell

8 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Looks like he is heading to PSU.

Really? Source?

17 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Wonder if he will still coach the Gophers for the bowl game?

48 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Wonder if he will still coach the Gophers for the bowl game?

One article I read in pioneer press never heard of them so i am not sure how reliable they are basically said leaving Minnesota less than a week before playing Auburn in outback bowl.

38 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Still up in the air from the few articles I've read. 

Everything I’ve seen on Twitter implies he won’t be there. He must have heard DB and MD are playing. 

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Everything I’ve seen on Twitter implies he won’t be there. He must have heard DB and MD are playing. 

I agree he will not coach but no official word from P.J. Fleck yet, that I have seen.

14 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

ouch a week before

Usually we, as fans, hear things well after teams/players. Was likely in the works for some time. 

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Who calls the plays for the Gophers?  Will it make any difference? 

I would think their OC, particularly since Penn State is getting them as their OC and QB coach. I wouldn’t think PSU would hire him if he had been the OC at Minnesota in name only, but who knows?

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Who calls the plays for the Gophers?  Will it make any difference? 

12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would think their OC, particularly since Penn State is getting them as their OC and QB coach. I wouldn’t think PSU would hire him if he had been the OC at Minnesota in name only, but who knows?

From an August 2019 article:

Fleck’s trust in Ciarrocca is reflected in the freedom he gives him. He allows his veteran coordinator to handle game-planning and play-calling so that he can focus more on game management and running his program with big-picture vision.

http://m.startribune.com/still-with-gophers-kirk-ciarrocca-hopes-to-use-his-entire-bag-of-tricks-on-offense/538086642/

If AU loses to the gophers with a new OC, that will be embarrassing but since Minnesota is a big ten team that is not Ohio St., I think you guys will be fine. But then again, Gus is HC and who knows what will happen.

47 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

If AU loses to the gophers with a new OC, that will be embarrassing but since Minnesota is a big ten team that is not Ohio St., I think you guys will be fine. But then again, Gus is HC and who knows what will happen.

Your insight is appreciated. Post more often. 😎

After Minnesota offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarroca left the team for the same position at Penn State, Gophers coach P.J. Fleck told reporters Thursday after the team’s first practice in Tampa, Fla., that wide receivers coach Matt Simon will serve as interim offensive coordinator for the bowl game, while offensive quality control coach Greg Harbaugh will be promoted to interim quarterbacks coach for Wednesday’s 12 p.m. CT matchup at Raymond James Stadium.

"I’ll probably have a little bit of a bigger say, just in terms of helping them through all that,” Fleck told reporters. “But they’re both capable and it’s going to be a great opportunity for both of them. It really is. I trust those guys and if I didn’t think they could do the job, wouldn’t let them do the job."

Link

I think if I was Fleck, I’d be a bit ticked at the timing. He said in his press conference he just found out yesterday. What would one more week matter since recruiting is not a factor any longer? 

13 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

"I’ll probably have a little bit of a bigger say, just in terms of helping them through all that,” Fleck told reporters. “But they’re both capable and it’s going to be a great opportunity for both of them. It really is. I trust those guys and if I didn’t think they could do the job, wouldn’t let them do the job."

Now, this is a CEO type of coach.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out.  I believe Auburn would prevail even before the OC left for PSU, so I don’t think it will make a difference.  A big opportunity for the their coaches, though.

21 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Gus as a HC does pretty well against the tiny tantrum thrower of Tuscaloosa. Auburn will have no problem with Minnesota..You should stick to worrying about your little bammer bowl game, and start planning your post game whine-fest.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

If Alabama fans do what Alabama fans do outside of a playoff venue they do in one, that will be embarrassing, but since since Michigan is a big ten team that is not Ohio State, Alabama fans will still be embarrassing. But then again, Harvey claims he is broke so he probably won't make the trip, but Alabama fans will still Alabama fan it up and be embarrassing.

In other words, W/L/D Alabama fans will still be embarrassing, we know that will happen.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:31 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

That same Gus that schooled the munchkin.......

Archived