2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I hope he comes here, is All-World and is the #1 NFL draft pick after three years.  But at this point there's a lot to question about how much he might even be able to help us. Maybe he was considered to be a big pickup for Arky. A big pickup for Arky is not the same as a big pickup for AU.

A big pickup is a big pickup no matter what school imo. Boobee was going to be a pickup for Tulane but ended up being big for us. DJ Williams was going to be a pickup for Appalachian state but ended up being a big pickup for us

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Is that a hill giant?

That he is.

A big pickup is often in the eye of the beholder.  We have a few commits (signees) that I'm not sure are big pickups. Hopefully I am wrong and usually I am thank goodness.

• Like 1

I think the Tigers has just as good of shot at signing Brandon Frazier then uat does. Wonder why people always thinks uat has a better shot at landing top players then Auburn.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder why people always thinks uat has a better shot at landing top players then Auburn.

Because under Saban they have landed the top players more often than we have.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Sizzle said:

A big pickup is a big pickup no matter what school imo. Boobee was going to be a pickup for Tulane but ended up being big for us. DJ Williams was going to be a pickup for Appalachian state but ended up being a big pickup for us

There are many players who would be a huge pickup for Troy but would be a consolation prize for Auburn. Boobie turned into a pleasant surprise, but it took two years and switching his position from WR to RB before he became an important addition. He was an afterthought at signing time, not a big pickup..

You mention DJ Williams. We got him early on. It was only after UAT and UGA whiffed on some of their top targets that they showed an interest in Williams. While he may prove to be an important part of future teams, he wasn't considered a big recruiting coup in his signing class.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I hope we go after him full throttle. Dude has ideal size for a TE. Pegues is more in the mold of a H back. Frazier is more of a prototypical TE.

Another reason why bama will be tough to beat is they can point to Irv Smith JR who was a top 550 prospect as well who they developed him in to a first round pick.

https://247sports.com/Player/Irv-Smith-Jr-78730/high-school-136968/

Does he even have a commitable offer from UAT? Are they willing to pay his way there for an official visit? If so, when will that be? What I'm seeing is a lot of jazzy schools listed as offering but no visits to those schools. Visits to Baylor, Texas Tech and Arky are all that are listed. Why go to Waco or Lubbock if you can go to USC, FSU, UAT or LSU? Something isn't ringing true here.

If our coaches think this guy will be a good asset I'm all for signing him. I just don't think the competition for his signature is going to be as great as that offer list would indicate. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Does he even have a commitable offer from UAT? Are they willing to pay his way there for an official visit? If so, when will that be? What I'm seeing is a lot of jazzy schools listed as offering but no visits to those schools. Visits to Baylor, Texas Tech and Arky are all that are listed. Why go to Waco or Lubbock if you can go to USC, FSU, UAT or LSU? Something isn't ringing true here.

If our coaches think this guy will be a good asset I'm all for signing him. I just don't think the competition for his signature is going to be as great as that offer list would indicate. 

Yes. After missing on Gilbert and likely the 5 star Vegas TE by reading their boards they are def going after him from what their mods say. That is what I am basing my response on is the fact that Bama is looking to add another TE in their class. It is going to come down to AU vs Bama like it did for Pegues. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes. After missing on Gilbert and likely the 5 star Vegas TE by reading their boards they are def going after him from what their mods say. That is what I am basing my response on is the fact that Bama is looking to add another TE in their class. It is going to come down to AU vs Bama like it did for Pegues. 

We'll never know unless he signs with them. If he chooses AU they'll be saying they didn't recruit the guy anyway. That's how they roll in Tuskaloser.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, we need to close out strong with Frazier, Burks, Jackson or Jones CB McKinstry plus another RB and a K.

Edited by auburn4ever

10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

IMO, we need to close out strong with Frazier, Burks, Jackson or Jones CB McKinstry plus another RB and a K.

NcKinstry is in the next class.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Another RB??? For what?

Edited by Sizzle

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We need to push hard to flip an Alabama recruit at least a day before signing day or on signing day.

Is there any particular recruit you are referring to that we are after or has interest in AU at all? Are we just saying we should do this because it would be the hip thing to do? I am very confused. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is there any particular recruit you are referring to that we are after or has interest in AU at all? Are we just saying we should do this because it would be the hip thing to do? I am very confused. 

Welcome to ALL OF US after every post he makes! lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Welcome to ALL OF US after every post he makes! lol

I was kind of thinking we should go out and sign the very best prospect at every position until our needs are fulfilled. I have no clue why we do not recruit this way.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I was kind of thinking we should go out and sign the very best prospect at every position until our needs are fulfilled. I have no clue why we do not recruit this way.

32ewew.gif

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is there any particular recruit you are referring to that we are after or has interest in AU at all?

@Tigerpro2a It's a4e. Don't try to make sense of his posts. It'll only hurt your brain.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Damn! Nice hack job a4e.

• Like 1