2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

Final 4 of AU, Bama, Arky, & Texas Tech
Other offers include Baylor, FSU, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, Okie St., USC, & Utah
Will OV AU 17-19
Was committed to Chad Morris at Arky & has a strong relationship with him.

TE out of Texas. Had a good relationship with Chad Morris

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

TE out of Texas. Had a good relationship with Chad Morris

6'7 247. Offer list exceeds the ranking. Would give us more length than Pegues and might be crucial in this class if Pegues moves to defense. Might even offer depth at OT after a couple years of Mama Grimes's cooking. 

I wonder if there's any legs to this or if he's just throwing Morris a bone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

6'7 247. Offer list exceeds the ranking. Would give us more length than Pegues and might be crucial in this class if Pegues moves to defense. Might even offer depth at OT after a couple years of Mama Grimes's cooking. 

I wonder if there's any legs to this or if he's just throwing Morris a bone. 

I mean he was committed to Arkansas before Morris was fired and he said he’s taking an official to Auburn next month. Seems like he wants to go wherever Morris is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I mean he was committed to Arkansas before Morris was fired and he said he’s taking an official to Auburn next month. Seems like he wants to go wherever Morris is

I think Bama gets him because they do not have a tight End and missed on their top 2 in Gilbert and presumably Washington the kid from vegas. All signs point to that he signed with Georgia in the early signing period but he just wanted to announce it at whatever all star game he is playing in.

Actually  Frazier would probably be the 3rd TE in Bama's class if you count Sanders (a 5* athlete who likely will settle at TE). That being said I agree he is Bama's if they really want him. They seldom lose. Classic TE who seems very underrated to me. Will be interesting to see if CCM puts on a full court press.

I hope we go after him full throttle. Dude has ideal size for a TE. Pegues is more in the mold of a H back. Frazier is more of a prototypical TE.

Another reason why bama will be tough to beat is they can point to Irv Smith JR who was a top 550 prospect as well who they developed him in to a first round pick.

https://247sports.com/Player/Irv-Smith-Jr-78730/high-school-136968/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope we go after him full throttle. Dude has ideal size for a TE. Pegues is more in the mold of a H back. Frazier is more of a prototypical TE.

Another reason why bama will be tough to beat is they can point to Irv Smith JR who was a top 550 prospect as well who they developed him in to a first round pick.

https://247sports.com/Player/Irv-Smith-Jr-78730/high-school-136968/

Irv, OJ, even Hale Hentges. 

When's the last time we even had a guy come here and finish his career here as a TE? (The answer is Uzomah, who got drafted in the 5th round in 2015. Shenker will presumably be our next one. Wilson is a slot receiver. Fingers crossed for one of Fromm or Deal. Certainly not holding my breath for both.) 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

When's the last time we even had a guy come here and finish his career here as a TE? (The answer is Uzomah, who got drafted in the 5th round in 2015. Shenker will presumably be our next one. Wilson is a slot receiver. Fingers crossed for one of Fromm or Deal. Certainly not holding my breath for both.) 

Good Brother Chad if he gets his way (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) will def use the TE more. 2 Mackey Award finalist in 4 seasons as Clemsons OC with 1 winner in Dwayne Allen in 2011.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don’t even see Fromm being a TE, looks more like a WR to me

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

O Contraire...

giphy.gif

@ellitor shoots and he scores! Haaaaayyy

• Thanks 1

I could see him end up being a take as a best available in the class. Gotta think if he is a take for AU then AU will be tough to beat with his relationship with Morris. Side note it's good to see @GwillMac6 not star gazing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I could see him end up being a take as a best available in the class. Gotta thing if he is a take for AU then AU will be tough to beat with his relationship with Morris. Side note it's good to see @GwillMac6 not star gazing.

I am height and weight gazing now!! Lol 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am height and weight gazing now!! Lol 

As always, I got you covered Brodie.

636252776196140305.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 2

Something's off, either his offer list is inflated or his * rating is way low. Assuming Jay Hardy goes ahead and signs we'll have a max of four slots available. This guy looks like he could be worth consideration. 6'7" and around 250# is a guy that can fit in a number of positions.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Something's off, either his offer list is inflated or his * rating is way low. Assuming Jay Hardy goes ahead and signs we'll have a max of four slots available. This guy looks like he could be worth consideration. 6'7" and around 250# is a guy that can fit in a number of positions.

Rating is probably just low. Usually when you see a good offer list but low ratings is because they didn’t go to many camps. You get the extra 4/5th star at camps

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Rating is probably just low. Usually when you see a good offer list but low ratings is because they didn’t go to many camps. You get the extra 4/5th star at camps

Possibly. However, schools do not and can not comment on which prospect might have an offer. Only the prospect can do that. This wouldn't be the first time that a prospect listed every single school that contacted him via snail-mail as having "offered". According to Rivals, he has 28 offers. Yet, he's only taken three visits, Arky, Texas Tech and Baylor. A player with this much claimed interest should have been offered the opportunity to take some visits to the higher rollers listed as offering. LSU, FSU, Wisky, USC and UAT to name just a few. Why no visits to those places? AU has just recently scheduled a visit for him, which wouldn't have happened had not Morris been hired here.

I hope he comes here, is All-World and is the #1 NFL draft pick after three years.  But at this point there's a lot to question about how much he might even be able to help us. Maybe he was considered to be a big pickup for Arky. A big pickup for Arky is not the same as a big pickup for AU.