2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My super power is the reverse jinx. Tastes awful, but I'll do what I have to for the good of the team. 

I'll be really excited if we get this guy. I'll be excited about having him, and I'll be excited about what that *might* mean about the power dynamic with regards to running the offense. 

If we land him he'll be the first guy we have landed with both a real TE body & pass catching skills since CJU.

• Like 1

Auburn gonna be stacked at TE with Schnecker, Fromm, Deal,  Pegges, and possibly this kid.  I probably spelled half those names wrong but you guys know who I’m talking about.  Also heard Chad was in Colorado scoping out 3 more for 2021.  Auburn gonna become TE U?

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn gonna be stacked at TE with Schnecker, Fromm, Deal,  Pegges, and possibly this kid.  I probably spelled half those names wrong but you guys know who I’m talking about.  Also heard Chad was in Colorado scoping out 3 more for 2021.  Auburn gonna become TE U?

As long as we lock Gus in Pat dyes cabin on game days!!! Lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Pegguses wasn’t recruited to be a TE. At least that’s what I thought I read 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hey Gus, we'll let you call the plays in the IB if you can find Pat's khakis...

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If it wasn't certain already, I have to imagine Pegues is headed to DL. Which is great. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

stacked at TE with Schnecker, Fromm, Deal,  Pegges, and possibly this kid

FWIW Fromm & Pegues are more on the HB side of the spectrum.

28 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Pegguses wasn’t recruited to be a TE. At least that’s what I thought I read 

Was recruited to be a TE. WDE predicts he will end up on D though.

I suspect we will have a transfer...if all this comes to fruition.   Just like a RB is going to transfer after A day.

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If it wasn't certain already, I have to imagine Pegues is headed to DL. Which is great. 

FWIW autigers07 from the bunker says Pegues will stay at TE for us. His track record on AU info is at least on par with WDE. Not saying 1 is more right than the other here. Just saying 2 reliable sources sees things differently.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I suspect we will have a transfer...if all this comes to fruition.   Just like a RB is going to transfer after A day.

Maybe but not sure. We essentially have 5 guys for 2 playing positions. That means 1 position is essentially only 2 deep.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Or we can tell Gus that TE stands for Tackle End, since he really don't know what a Tight End is.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Or we can tell Gus that TE stands for Tackle End, since he really don't know what a Tight End is.

He knows what they are. He just hasn't had pass catchers at the true TE position since CJU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He knows what they are. He just hasn't had pass catchers at the true TE position since CJU.

That’s because no TE wants to go to a school just to block (although it’s a huge part of the game now). Hopefully the CM hire convinced Frazier that it’ll be different next season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And he didn't use him then.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW autigers07 from the bunker says Pegues will stay at TE for us. His track record on AU info is at least on par with WDE. Not saying 1 is more right than the other here. Just saying 2 reliable sources sees things differently.

I’d love to see him at TE as long as the position is properly utilized, but with the depth at TE he may be more needed and better utilized at DE.  With his physical attributes, I just hope he’s placed at a position where he will excel.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I’d love to see him at TE as long as the position is properly utilized, but with the depth at TE he may be more needed and better utilized at DE.  With his physical attributes, I just hope he’s placed at a position where he will excel.  

He’s one of only two people on roster along with Fromm to likely be the HB type of spectrum So there may not be much depth in front of him at that particular area. And if he were to move DT would be more likely than DE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He’s one of only two people on roster along with Fromm to likely be the HB type of spectrum So there may not be much depth in front of him at that particular area. And if he were to move DT would be more likely than DE.

Thanks for the info!  I thought that I’d heard speculation about a move to DE, but may be mistaken.  

Note: edited to reflect a position error.  

Edited by gctiger

42 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Thanks for the info!  I thought that I’d heard speculation about a move to TE, but may be mistaken.  

I think you meant DE but there’s not many 6’2 DE’s that are excelling on major level teams anymore.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier (Commit Watch: 1/30, 6 PM)***

I just finally got around to watching B.F's film.....my goodness.....Let me start by saying I am skeptical about how our Offense will look and who's Offense it will be. With that said and with Chad having full autonomy on that side of the ball....if true....I love this kid for CCM's Offense. I think he could be a day 1 impact player. Super big target, blocks well, catches well, has better speed than one might think. Needs work on routes and accelerating off the line...but he could be a huge get. If CM is really in full control...BF could end up being one of the most important recruits in this class when it is said and done. JMO

• Like 3