2020 4* TE Brandon Frazier Commits To AU!

Sizzle

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Given Grad transfers count to the numbers I don't see a scenario where we have more than 1 to carry over.

Let's hope not. The fewer the carry overs, the better the current class.

5 minutes ago, autan said:

A little surprised we are not on top after the OV. Can we assume the Red Raiders are the co-leaders?

They may actually lead. Top 2 doesn't necessarily mean coleaders.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JLee is guessing Tech leads FWIW.

If Tech still leads after visiting us then looks like we ain’t getting him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If Tech still leads after visiting us then looks like we ain’t getting him

That's what I was trying to say.  We were already in the top two before the visit.  Obviously we didn't wow him.  Frazier was high on CCM's list but maybe not so impressive with other coaches. Who knows? but I agree with you Sizzler.

47 minutes ago, autan said:

We were already in the top two before the visit.

That wasn't known, just an assumption.

48 minutes ago, autan said:

Obviously we didn't wow him

Not necessarily. You can wow a kid & not land him. Tech is much closer to his home & who knows, that could be a factor.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That wasn't known, just an assumption.

Not necessarily. You can wow a kid & not land him. Tech is much closer to his home & who knows, that could be a factor.

It's the place to be if you like windmills

ABV-header-windfarms-2.jpg?width=940&hei

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah maybe proximity was important to him because Tech wasn’t good last year and they’re passing game wasn’t too impressive either

Odd considering we probably showed him the many ways in which he will be blocking for screens.  If we showed him the 1 or 2 jump passes he's likely to catch in the end zone during games that are already decided, then you have to wonder where his mind is at.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

In all seriousness, the TE is a staple in the Chad Morris offense and with some of the offers we’ve been giving out in the 2021 class... it seems Chad may have more of a say in recruiting and the offense than we think. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

In all seriousness, the TE is a staple in the Chad Morris offense and with some of the offers we’ve been giving out in the 2021 class... it seems Chad may have more of a say in recruiting and the offense than we think. 

Eh. We've tried to recruit them all along. How we managed to sign any of them is beyond me, but I guess it's the same way we nabbed WRs like NCM and Kyle Davis. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, McLoofus said:

6'7 247. Offer list exceeds the ranking. Would give us more length than Pegues and might be crucial in this class if Pegues moves to defense. Might even offer depth at OT after a couple years of Mama Grimes's cooking. 

I wonder if there's any legs to this or if he's just throwing Morris a bone. 

That's David LaFleur(early 90's LSU TE) size❤

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's the place to be if you like windmills

ABV-header-windfarms-2.jpg?width=940&hei

And the smell of feed lots...  not joking.  I visited it twice as a parent.  Dodged that bullet with one of my kids!

• Like 1

• Like 1

Its for sure a odd recruitment. The GOAT 🐐 thought AU was in the lead before the OV and put in a crystal ball to AU and then walked it back a few days later saying Texas tech is in this a lot more than people think. And then even after the OV like E has said J Lee thinks tech leads which if that is the case after we used our OV? It's basically a wrap.

I don't think Tech slings the ball all over the yard anymore with their new coach they got last off season. But I mean all we have to sell to the kid is TE in other jerseys catching the ball from when Morris was a OC or HC.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Its for sure a odd recruitment. The GOAT 🐐 thought AU was in the lead before the OV and put in a crystal ball to AU and then walked it back a few days later saying Texas tech is in this a lot more than people think. And then even after the OV like E has said J Lee thinks tech leads which if that is the case after we used our OV? It's basically a wrap.

I don't think Tech slings the ball all over the yard anymore with their new coach they got last off season. But I mean all we have to sell to the kid is TE in other jerseys catching the ball from when Morris was a OC or HC.

Tech doesn’t have much to sell either. Maybe they’re telling him he’ll play early

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

J Lee thinks tech leads which if that is the case after we used our OV? It's basically a wrap.

That was just a guess. We still have no tangible info to which way Frazier is actually leaning.