2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

After giving it some thought, this needed repeating. If such were commonplace there's no way in hell it would remain secret year after year. The kids that got nothing aren't going to spill the beans? The highly paid kid that doesn't get to start and leaves the team isn't going to say what he knows? The assistant coach that gets fired is going to keep quiet? I'd wager a guess that over 99% of this bought and paid for talk is just talk with no substance. Two people can't keep a secret, let alone hundreds if not thousands of players, coaches and family members.

Lol. All the way around. This has been happening since the 60's. As you can see, it's not that big of a secret. Never has been. They all keep quiet. Always have. I'm not going to explain to you how this works. I don't believe you would be smart enough to understand this if I did.

But it happens. It happens everywhere.

This with Jones isn't commonplace BTW. No where near it. This is a step that even for this is way out of bounds and out of the norm. Way out.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it is safe to say he will sign with the thugs Wednesday. Do we have any decent Graduates who could sign with us for a couple of years to shore up our OL numbers for 2020? We could be in in a heap of dodo if not. Our OL Could look like this: Center Bhrahams OG

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gus has killed it with his OL recruiting philosophy. Big assist to Grimes on not being able to close on Gus's top targets.

Has there ever been a 7 year stretch at a top 25 program with worse OL recruiting than what we are dealing with? I mean even Pruitt taking over a UT program in shambles is ables to bring in elite OL. I am blown away by how bad it is. 

If it is due to Gus' system...maybe CCM will change things up enough to bring some in top talent and break this trend.

I think we have 3 linemen in the nfl now.  Robinson, B Smith, and I think i heard Chad Slade is still hanging around.  Casey Dunn is on a roster from time to time as well.   I may be leaving someone out.   You think other coaches might be pointing this out in the recruiting process??  

On 2/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, rockfordpi said:

(and the other clean schools)

No such thing in recruiting. Everybody plays the game on some level.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, rockfordpi said:

This has to be the greatest most widespread conspiracy and cover up in the history of man,

Not even in recruiting. Apparel companies, AAU, & college basketball recruiting.

23 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Pickens flipped because GA got him eligible when AU could not. 

Nope. He would have been eligible at AU also. I mean AU put the plan in place to put him on track to get qualified in the 1st place.

Also a number of AU connecteds who are usually good with their info said George would have made it into AU had he not flippped.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No such thing in recruiting. Everybody plays the game on some level.

Not even in recruiting. Apparel companies, AAU, & college basketball recruiting.

I forgot my sarcasm signed for that post, LOL.  Far too many people believe (or want to believe)  the ONLY reason we trail our rivals is because they cheat and we don't.

15 hours ago, AuburnKev said:

Still, we should have had a plan B and had another OT ready to take his place.

Other than Grad Transfers later, it's hard to have a plan B after ENSD, especially for a market for a potential plug & play true frosh OL.

15 hours ago, AuburnKev said:

I don't know why we have such a hard time getting O-lineman.

If you read mine & WDE's posts outlining Gus's OL recruiting philosophy & how he goes about it & Grimes not being able to close, you know why we struggle there.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. He would have been eligible at AU also. I mean AU put the plan in place to put him on track to get qualified in the 1st place.

Also a number of AU connecteds who are usually good with their info said George would have made it into AU had he not flippped.

You may be correct on that, all I can say for sure is that my info came from the principal at Hoover and HE believed that to be the case but he may have not had access to all of the information.

12 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Do our coaches still get the chance to talk to him? Or is this a silent period?

Calls, texting, & private messages on social media.

33 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do we have any decent Graduates who could sign with us for a couple of years to shore up our OL numbers for 2020?

There will be OL entering the portal from now through May. My guess is we find one. How good they'll be I have no clue.

7 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

You may be correct on that, all I can say for sure is that my info came from the principal at Hoover and HE believed that to be the case but he may have not had access to all of the information.

Nonetheless that's a strong source. Thanks for the info.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There will be OL entering the portal from now through May. My guess is we find one. How good they'll be I have no clue.

maybe we could land a Drisckoll or 2.

I we could only recruit OTs the way we do other positions. we would recruits  light-outs out!

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Maybe, but we should be reading story after story about how AU is extending offers to ‘high school’ early enrollee OTs all over the country, and camping out by then as much as allowed. And they should be saying how AU is recruiting them the hardest.  We should be on the same type of mission Pruitt from UT went on when he signed Gallman and Wright,  2 Five Star OTs in the 2019 cycle. 

If you'll check the offer and visit lists, you'll see we have been "after" any number of top prospects and simply whiffed. Take the current subject, Bro Jones. Scroll back through this thread. He visited the AU campus a number of times. It was said on this board that he's been to AU more than he's been to UGA. We had plenty of opportunities to sell him on AU. His not showing up on the last weekend isn't a big deal with regard to him not knowing what AU has to offer, he's been here plenty. Not showing up simply means he's firm with UGA.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Javion Cohen.

He always wanted a bama offer. He was still upset at being slow played by AU. He's OK to good right now. Not as good as he thinks he is. It's a loss and in AU situation not good. But Porter was on Jones by then. Had Jones up to last Friday. Happens with 16 year olds with no father figure.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pickens flipped because of something else that happened. AU was aware and made uga work hard for him. I don't really like Gus but he knew and played this one right. 

So bottom line on recruiting be the first to pay and don't have the last visit. Sounds like a winner!!! 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pickens flipped because of something else that happened. 

I am fairly certain of what you are referring to due to a booster client of mine.  Do you mind tell expanding on here or PM?  If it is a PM I can tell you what I was told.

Also, what do you think of our new OL coach?  Do you feel he will has as much freedom as Morris?

4 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So bottom line on recruiting be the first to pay and don't have the last visit. Sounds like a winner!!! 

Don't let your OL get so depleted that there is this must sign guy like Jones became. AU has not signed a true high school OT in three cycles now.

Not all the kids have their hands out.

19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Had Jones up to last Friday.

This was the hunch I had. Glad to see it confirmed even in the loss.

Archived