2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pickens flipped because of something else that happened. AU was aware and made uga work hard for him. I don't really like Gus but he knew and played this one right. 

I know. I wasn't going into it. Just addressing his academic situation.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So bottom line on recruiting be the first to pay and don't have the last made visit.

FIFY

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I know. I wasn't going into it. Just addressing his academic situation.

I was told there was no way he was going to be able to get into AU. Even said this here the summer before his senior season.

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So bottom line on recruiting be the first to pay and don't have the last visit. Sounds like a winner!!! 

I can see it now: The next 5* prospect that commits to UGA: "Look here, Coach Kirby....I've got four other official visits planned, Auburn, UAT, FSU and LSU. Just hand over my $40,000 and I won't visit any of those schools". Talk about a growth industry! Does a 4* get $8,000 for not visiting one school? $32,000 for "not visits" to four schools? The pay scale here would be interesting to know.

Given that Jones had already visited AU numerous times, it simply doesn't make sense that it would be that important to UGA to prevent one more visit. It's not like some huge revelation about the campus would happen on his seventh visit. Sometimes when a rumor doesn't make any sense....

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This was the hunch I had. Glad to see it confirmed even in the loss.

Dislike Gus or like him, he has a real good staff for the most part. They can and do overcome a lot of things and still sign some real real good classes. Would be nice to see Gus develop this talent on his side of the ball for once.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I was told there was no way he was going to be able to get into AU. Even said this here the summer before his senior season.

I know you said that then. I also saw people connected to AU on the Bunker say after NSD he would have gottet into AU with all that was done.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Given that Jones had already visited AU numerous times, it simply doesn't make sense that it would be that important to UGA to prevent one more visit. It's not like some huge revelation about the campus would happen on his seventh visit. Sometimes when a rumor doesn't make any sense....

Maybe Kirby suspected we had a cash duffle bag waiting on him in AU?  

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pickens flipped because of something else that happened. AU was aware and made uga work hard for him. I don't really like Gus but he knew and played this one right. 

I never lost a minute of sleep over that one. (Of course, that might've had something to do with him playing a position we don't know how to use...)

This one hurts, but if the story is true, I'll get over it.

Like you said, the real issue isn't this one kid. 

1 minute ago, AuburnKev said:

Where are the guys who want playing time? Because darn if we can't give it to them.

That's what's scary. Unless recruits buy that same nonsense that a lot of fans do about transfers being guaranteed starting slots. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's what's scary. Unless recruits buy that same nonsense that a lot of fans do about transfers being guaranteed starting slots. 

I don't know that I buy into that.  I only say that because I keep seeing 5* OL kids going to places like Bama & UGa and there are already 4/5* guys there that they have to beat out.  Yet these guys go and end up winning the starting job.  I have to believe most of these kids believe they can come in and beat out the guy in front of them.  Otherwise they would not be going to these other schools.

JMO!

57 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I don't know that I buy into that.  I only say that because I keep seeing 5* OL kids going to places like Bama & UGa and there are already 4/5* guys there that they have to beat out.  Yet these guys go and end up winning the starting job.  I have to believe most of these kids believe they can come in and beat out the guy in front of them.  Otherwise they would not be going to these other schools.

JMO!

Yep, exactly my point. The only way Bro Jones didn't see a path to early reps at Auburn is if somebody convinced him that he'd have to wait because of the jucos we're bringing in. But I don't think he would have thought that for a second.

Some fans think that way, though. They think transfers are the presumptive starters "because they don't come here to sit on the bench". (This is an outdated and unnecessary /rant from me.)

It's a damned shame we didn't land any high school tackles when we so badly need them.  

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep, exactly my point. The only way Bro Jones didn't see a path to early reps at Auburn is if somebody convinced him that he'd have to wait because of the jucos we're bringing in. But I don't think he would have thought that for a second.

Some fans think that way, though. They think transfers are the presumptive starters "because they don't come here to sit on the bench". (This is an outdated and unnecessary /rant from me.)

It's a damned shame we didn't land any high school tackles when we so badly need them.  

Its actually a lot worst then a damn shame imo we are near panic at OT. God we better get someone in GT. It truly is hard to fathom we are in this shape

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. It is comical at this point (or criminal). And people like me, bird, golf, E. etc just watch as another year goes by without signing OTs. 

I know there is shady stuff going on by other schools, and Kirby is the absolute worst. But if you can't beat them, join them. Something has to change. How many 4 star or higher OTs are currently on the roster? 0? 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Its actually a lot worst then a damn shame imo we are near panic at OT. God we better get someone in GT. It truly is hard to fathom we are in this shape

I seriously cannot comprehend it. I mean it was a focus the last 2 years and look what we have. We are going to be asking TEs and DEs to play OT because we DON'T HAVE ANY. 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm sick & tired of relying on transfers & GTs to be where we are getting out starting OTs from. It's sickening!

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

And people like me, bird, golf, E. etc just watch as another year goes by without signing OTs. 

I think the only one not watching is... well, y'all know. 

6 hours ago, casatiger said:

I think we have 3 linemen in the nfl now.  Robinson, B Smith, and I think i heard Chad Slade is still hanging around.  Casey Dunn is on a roster from time to time as well.   I may be leaving someone out.   You think other coaches might be pointing this out in the recruiting process??  

Shawn Coleman played last night. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I know there is shady stuff going on by other schools, and Kirby is the absolute worst. But if you can't beat them, join them. Something has to change. How many 4 star or higher OTs are currently on the roster? 0? 

Kirby is slimy, no doubt. But he is paid to run UGA. Gus is paid to run AU. We don’t need, or have to join them. There are teams all over the country pulling in high school tackles. Just not us. There is zero excuse for that. It is sloppy and lazy. 

50 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No crap shinola

great movie

I need to preface this post with: I know this isn’t going to happen.

What would the meltdown in Athens be if Jones DIDN’T sign Wednesday and came to visit Auburn THIS weekend?!?! That would be epic.

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

I need to preface this post with: I know this isn’t going to happen.

What would the meltdown in Athens be if Jones DIDN’T sign Wednesday and came to visit Auburn THIS weekend?!?! That would be epic.

Anyway you can pick him up?

Archived