2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. It is comical at this point (or criminal). And people like me, bird, golf, E. etc just watch as another year goes by without signing OTs. 

I know there is shady stuff going on by other schools, and Kirby is the absolute worst. But if you can't beat them, join them. ..

The only way CGM (and CKS and cNS) do net get paid the balance of their 25+ million $ contracts is if they are involved in an NCAA violation. All three can go 0-10 and still walk away with 25+ million.

Now, cNS and CKS only have to worry about recruits, and other schools ratting them out. CGM has to worry about recruits, other schools AND HIS OWN DYSFUNCTIONAL BOOSTERS selling him out to get rid of him.

As soon as one lets someone else in on the secret/conspiracy, they gain a LOT of leverage and some powerful $ people (even beyond the ones posting here) would like to see CGM gone. IMO, except for his buyout, he WOULD already be gone.

Now, if each of us put ourselves in the shoes of any of the coaches above, but especially CGM, just how far out on the "shady" limb would we be willing to go...

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

The only way CGM (and CKS and cNS) do net get paid the balance of their 25+ million $ contracts is if they are involved in an NCAA violation. All three can go 0-10 and still walk away with 25+ million.

Now, cNS and CKS only have to worry about recruits, and other schools ratting them out. CGM has to worry about recruits, other schools AND HIS OWN DYSFUNCTIONAL BOOSTERS selling him out to get rid of him.

As soon as one lets someone else in on the secret/conspiracy, they gain a LOT of leverage and some powerful $ people (even beyond the ones posting here) would like to see CGM gone. IMO, except for his buyout, he WOULD already be gone.

Now, if each of us put ourselves in the shoes of any of the coaches above, but especially CGM, just how far out on the "shady" limb would we be willing to go...

He doesn’t need to go out on a shady limb. He just need to realize that you can’t compete in the SEC going 2-3 years without signing good OTs. There are plenty of schools doing that every year without breaking the rules. Gus needs to join them. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Anyway you can pick him up?

Ironically I grew up about 10 miles from Lithonia and my parents still live over that way for now. However, I’m living up in the mountains now and don’t go towards the city unless we are going to a Braves/Falcons/Bowl Game. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

He doesn’t need to go out on a shady limb. He just need to realize that you can’t compete in the SEC going 2-3 years without signing good OTs. There are plenty of schools doing that every year without breaking the rules. Gus needs to join them. 

I agree with you 100% on everything but your third sentence. I am not 100% sure the degree that is true, but generally I would tend to agree with you there as well.

3 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Ironically I grew up about 10 miles from Lithonia and my parents still live over that way for now. However, I’m living up in the mountains now and don’t go towards the city unless we are going to a Braves/Falcons/Bowl Game. 

Understand...Can your parents pick him up? 😁

I live in Denton, TX.    If Bro Jones will sign with Auburn, I WILL GO PICK HIM UP!

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I live in Denton, TX.    If Bro Jones will sign with Auburn, I WILL GO PICK HIM UP!

Swing by and I'll help drive.

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Swing by and I'll help drive.

I hope on your journey you find the whereabouts for the bagman!!! lol. I think he got lost somewhere along the way several years back when he was on his drive to Dematha for the Cyrus K announcement and got taken out Logan Young style!!! haha.

uyuy.gif

erwrew.gif

fddf.gif

I will be glad to pick him up in my souped up golf cart that will go 22 mph!!

Long ago, the SEC lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Dawg Nation attacked. Only the Bagman, master of all recruiting elements, could stop them, but when the Auburn Family needed him most, he vanished...

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

May not sign today. Illinois site has some scoop that he's delaying it, and UGA is not happy about it....

Oh, don’t get my hopes up again!

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

May not sign today. Illinois site has some scoop that he's delaying it, and UGA is not happy about it....

Daaaang. Illinois playing like that? Ready to be the next Minnesota! Fight on, you Illini!

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure if we are expecting anything, but as long as he's in play, I guess we've got a shot

I am glad we might still have a shot but if we don't get him please let Illinois get him.

i could not even imagine a player wanting to go to Illini in my wildest dreams. There is still a chance he could sign with with us. I would rather illini than the thugs. I wonder if Kirby wants his 10k back! (lol) FBOK (First Bank of Kirby) must have more greenback than the department of defense has at its disposal!

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

i could not even imagine a player wanting to go to Illini in my wildest dreams. There is still a chance he could sign with with us. I would rather illini than the thugs. I wonder if Kirby wants his 10k back! (lol)

Funny, ole Eric Dickerson pulled some stuff like that in the 80’s. He got a car from UT right before signing day and then signed with SMU, years late the SMU coach said what were they going to say Hey we gave this kid a car and he didn’t sign with us.

2 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I think at this point he is just playing games. He knows which he is going to sign with.

Seems to me he merely sat down at the table. As @AlaskanFAN points out, this game's been going on for decades, and guys like kirby smart have been playing it since before Jones was born. 

UGA signed another guy at 0900 that could be a OL or DL that Is a late addition and have another who is supposed to sign later today who is an OL. Maybe it has him thinking? Then again I am not an 18 year old 5 star, what the hell do I know. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

UGA signed another guy at 0900 that could be a OL or DL that Is a late addition and have another who is supposed to sign later today who is an OL. Maybe it has him thinking? Then again I am not an 18 year old 5 star, what the hell do I know. 

🤷‍♂️ 😌😏

Archived