2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the home visit, we need to send every coach as we did when we got Carnell to come to Auburn....

IMO - this is the biggest need for the entire cycle. I do not think it is any secret we lack elite talent at OT. My gut says not to get too excited over this guy.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:42 AM, Butthead said:

Summon the bag man!

No.  Summon a decent OLine coach!  Looks like GA got a good one in Luke (and a good recruiter too).

If the bowl game did not prove to him how much we need him and that he has a great chance to start as 1st year player nothing will.  So come on down and join the Tigers.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:42 AM, Butthead said:

Summon the bag man!

Kevin Scarbinsky has entered the chat

He got the signee part wrong but still interesting for us since we are likely 50/50 with UGA at worst right now. We may even slightly lead.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He got the signee part wrong but still interesting for us since we are likely 50/50 with UGA at worst right now. We may even slightly lead.

Ellitor, in your mind what happens to our chances on Jones with Grimes gone?

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Not E, but nothing assuming we make the right hire. Our staff has done the majority of the heavy lifting for Grimes. 

15 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

No clue. Have to wait for reports to come out. He wasn't one of our 3 primary coaches recruiting him but would have been his position coach so who knows?

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

No clue. Have to wait for reports to come out. He wasn't one of our 3 primary coaches recruiting him but would have been his position coach so who knows?

I would have to imagine almost any OL coaching hire would be a net positive with respect to croot'n

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I would have to imagine almost any OL coaching hire would be a net positive with respect to croot'n

I don't agree with this. Our Oline coaches have been below average for the last several hires. We need much better.

8 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I don't agree with this. Our Oline coaches have been below average for the last several hires. We need much better.

LOl. That's what JBiggie is saying so you actually agree.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Bro Jones had a huge week @ Under Armour week. He will be a unanomous 5* & contend to be the #1 OT in the class when final rankings are done.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

To be fair to JB, we got into the mix with Jones on JB's watch. But with regards to OL croot'n overall? One would hope!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bro Jones had a huge week @ Under Armour week. He will be a unanomous 5* & contend to be the #1 OT in the class when final rankings are done.

When I click on the video it say it is no longer available.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I should have been clearer re. the  "almost any hire would be better" part. What I meant in my reply was that our last several hires have been poor, so our hiring history over the recent past for OL has been bad......so it is hard for me to believe we will get it right this time and therefore, I am not convinced this new hire will be any better, and we need way better.

7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

When I click on the video it say it is no longer available.

@LKEEL75 It's there. Either there's an issue with your browser or cookies or you have some kind of ad block enabled.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The main question is, if Jones signs here, does he immediately unseat Matthew as everyone's favorite Broderick? Discuss. 

Image result for war games gif"

I'll allow the post for now. Will replies get on topic or stay off topic. lol

Archived