2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'll allow the post for now. Will replies get on topic or stay off topic. lol

I actually googled Bro Jones before posting that and, as you already know, came up with nada. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I actually googled Bro Jones before posting that and, as you already know, came up with nada. 

My post was more a commentary on hiding the last page & a half of OT posts at the same time your post came in. lol

Broderick changed his name to Matthew?    That definitely means he is flipping now.   Recruiting has always been a 'war game' between us and Georgia.

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Broderick changed his name to Matthew?    That definitely means he is flipping now.   Recruiting has always been a 'war game' between us and Georgia.

No way he can handle the heat. 

I say no. Bro Jones would make a significant move, but he’s never made the ladies move like this:

image.gif

On 1/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, mcgufcm said:

I say no. Bro Jones would make a significant move, but he’s never made the ladies move like this:

image.gif

I still believe he is a ‘righteous dude’, though.

I don't know if number have anything to do with it but UGA signed 2 OT last year and 4 this year (not counting Jones),  I know their 2 starters at OT this year have decided to pro, but ours are leaving also.  We also signed a lot of OT's. So it seems this one comes down to the Coaches and smooth talking.  That's why Pruit scares me.

12 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I don't know if number have anything to do with it but UGA signed 2 OT last year and 4 this year (not counting Jones),  I know their 2 starters at OT this year have decided to pro, but ours are leaving also.  We also signed a lot of OT's. So it seems this one comes down to the Coaches and smooth talking.  That's why Pruit scares me.

The OT's Ga signed are 4 year players and were all at least 4*. Most of our OT's  that we just signed are Juco's  so that may or may not work in our favor.  Also I believe in the bowl game one of the starting OT's for Georgia was a young guy so he  would be competing against at least one player who has been a starter somewhat.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The OT's Ga signed are 4 year players and were all at least 4*. Most of our OT's  that we just signed are Juco's  so that may or may not work in our favor.  Also I believe in the bowl game one of the starting OT's for Georgia was a young guy so he  would be competing against at least one player who has been a starter somewhat.

Yep.  If competition at OT is a factor, we have a huge lead over uga!!!

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yep.  If competition at OT is a factor, we have a huge lead over uga!!!

I'm not sure how, we apparently have 7.2 tackles

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

We signed 2 OTs. That's not a lot. & Per Jones' own words it will come down to relationships...we have the edge there with Porter having the best relationship with him.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

We signed 2 OTs. That's not a lot. & Per Jones' own words it will come down to relationships...we have the edge there with Porter having the best relationship with him.

2 OTs in any given year at any given program = adequate

2 OTs in our current class = 

Image result for finger in the dike gif"

On 1/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, McLoofus said:

2 OTs in any given year at any given program = adequate

2 OTs in our current class = 

Image result for finger in the dike gif"

Nice. You guys never cease to amaze me when I get on this forum with the GIFs you post. What, do you guys just keep huge libraries of GIFs filed away and cataloged so you can use them whenever you need them and for whatever subject happens to come up. I'm very impressed if you can't tell.

2 hours ago, AuJoe said:

Nice. You guys never cease to amaze me when I get on this forum with the GIFs you post. What, do you guys just keep huge libraries of GIFs filed away and cataloged so you can use them whenever you need them and for whatever subject happens to come up. I'm very impressed if you can't tell.

tumblr_n0cfyjWYmf1rs0nr3o3_250.gif

I like Kirby doesn't have anymore in home visits for Broderick Jones and Gus does also that it appears his visit to Auburn will be his last. Maybe we can steal him from Georgia. Hope springs eternal.

Broderick Jones

Offensive line prospect Broderick Jones (center) poses for a photo with family members at the Touchdown Club of Atlanta Awards Banquet at the College Football Hall of Fame on Jan. 16, 2020.Josh Bean | jbean@al.com

Broderick Jones – the 5-star offensive tackle from Lithonia (Ga.) and the nation’s top-ranked unsigned offensive lineman – is still considering Auburn and plans to visit the Tigers later this month.

The 6-foot-5, 275-pound Jones committed to Georgia in April 2018, but opted not to sign on Early Signing Day after Arkansas lured offensive line coach Sam Pittman and hired him as the Razorbacks’ new head coach.

While Jones remains committed to Georgia, he’s essentially re-opened his recruitment and said Thursday that he plans to visit Arkansas this weekend, Georgia the following week and Auburn on the weekend of Jan. 31-Feb. 2.

“I’m just waiting to take my officials and see what I can see and I can learn about the schools I’m thinking about going to,” Jones said at Thursday night’s Touchdown Club of Atlanta Awards Banquet at the College Football Hall of Fame.

Auburn, of course, made offensive line a major recruiting priority in its 2020 recruiting class by signing five offensive lineman during the early signing period last month. The Tigers lose six senior offensive lineman from the 2019 roster, including starters Prince Tega Wanogho, Marquel Harrell, Mike Horton and Jack Driscoll and reserves Kaleb Kim and Bailey Sharp.

Auburn, though, lost left tackle prospect Javion Cohen when the Central-Phenix City star flipped from Auburn to Alabama just before Early Signing Day. Junior college offensive tackle Jonathan Buskey de-committed from Auburn on Thursday, according to 247Sports.

Jones is ranked as the nation’s No. 19 player and No. 2 offensive tackle, according to the latest 247 Sports Composite rankings, and he’s No. 34 on AL.com’s postseason The Southern 120, which ranks the top prospects in the 10-state SEC footprint.

If Auburn could flip Jones, it would be a huge get for new offensive line coach Jack Bicknell Jr., who was hired recently to replace J.B. Grimes.

Jones said the prospect of early playing time will “have a big impact” on his final decision.

“I want to be able to go in there and work and do what I have to do and potentially be a starter for three or four years,” Jones said. “I just want to be great.”

Jones also broke down what he likes about each of the three schools he’s still considering:

Georgia: “It’s close to home. I’ve established a culture with the program and the coaches, the school, the program,” he said.

Auburn: “It’s the same as Georgia. You know, they have great coaches and people working there. It’s a great place and players. It’s a great athletic program – an all-around great place,” he said.

Arkansas: “Coach Pittman just transferred to Arkansas, and I have a bond with him from when he was at Georgia,” Jones said.

The NCAA’s football recruiting dead period ends today, so coaches can again make off-campus visits to recruits and players can make unofficial and official visits. National Signing Day is Feb. 5.

Jones also plays basketball, and Auburn and Georgia football coaches are expected to attend his game tonight.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Any chance the Buskey drop helps sweeten the deal with Jones?

No. His thing is relationships with the staff.

33 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

AU coaches not feeling as good as they once did according to a recent article on one of the pay sites.

Could be gamesmanship.

It's an 18 year old.   Who really knows?

I am going to remain supremely optimistic (and go check my Oiuji Board).  

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Could be gamesmanship.

It's an 18 year old.   Who really knows?

I am going to remain supremely optimistic (and go check my Oiuji Board).  

If he's looking for PT and you compare what UGA has recruited the last 3 cycles on OL compared to what we have it should be an easy choice.  

Archived