2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

AU coaches not feeling as good as they once did according to a recent article on one of the pay sites.

@dyehardfanAU Right way to summarize something but please state the site so that those with access can read the articles if they choose.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

You have a link? I'm on most of them and haven't seen that yet

I found it. It's in JLee's War Room. Said he doesn't think AU coaches are as confident & meeting Bicknell today on visit is important.

9 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If he's looking for PT and you compare what UGA has recruited the last 3 cycles on OL compared to what we have it should be an easy choice.  

Georgia and the other great recruiting schools recruit so great because they are able to get kids when they have no business doing so when it is more advantageous to go to other big time schools where there is a more clear path to playing time. Crutin is not a logical game. If it was we would have recruited great on the OL lately with so much playing time to offer hahaha.

10 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

AU coaches not feeling as good as they once did according to a recent article on one of the pay sites.

fsddfs.gif

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Georgia and the other great recruiting schools recruit so great because they are able to get kids when they have no business doing so when it is more advantageous to go to other big time schools where there is a more clear path to playing time. Crutin is not a logical game. If it was we would have recruited great on the OL lately with so much playing time to offer hahaha.

It is the ultimate salesman’s game. The good ones sell you what you need. The great ones can sell you what you didn't even know you wanted. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know, just trying to help @Beaker remain positive.  I'll be shocked if we pull him.

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'll be shocked if we pull him.

I won’t. From what I read it sounds like UGA would be surprised if they keep him.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Bicknell has to close this deal 

He’s not the lead recruiter here. Porter is. Porter is the one that has to close and yes he has to sell Bicknell in doing it.

15 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sounds like nobody is really sure about where this guy is leaning. He'll be in here in a few weeks, and the fact that it's right before signing day only serves us well

Assuming he makes the visit.

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Since relationships are his thing, I take it Arkansas could be in serious contention?

Not believed to be because well… Arkansas.

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Since relationships are his thing, I take it Arkansas could be in serious contention?

Seems like sometimes you'll see a guy show respect to a coach with whom he's got a good relationship by keeping a team on his short list, but that's all it is- a show of respect (or gratitude, or whatever). I think we might be seeing that with the big TE and Morris. He's not going to just immediately sever that relationship, but the "contention" is likely somewhat less than "serious". Could be wrong, though. 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, ellitor said:

Assuming he makes the visit.

Bingo. He still visits on the last weekend and we are sitting good. No visit and we are done. 

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Pittman pulled 4* OL here from places I never would have thought possible when he was at Arkansas the first time around but I'll believe it when I see it. Jones did have his sister and mom on the visit with him this past weekend though.

Larry Porter is mentioned as one of UGA’s list of options to replace James Coley. I still can’t believe that we lost Marcus Woodson. We better be prepared to pony up the money to keep Porter if we want to have any chance of getting Brod Jones. 

11 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Larry Porter is mentioned as one of UGA’s list of options to replace James Coley. I still can’t believe that we lost Marcus Woodson. We better be prepared to pony up the money to keep Porter if we want to have any chance of getting Brod Jones. 

Kirby playing 3 dimensional chess.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Trip to Illinois, wow, CLS pulling a shocker.

Not CLS. Illinois has an assistant on staff that has been recruiting Bro Jones since the 9th grade. He took the OV as a favor to the assistant.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not CLS. Illinois has an assistant on staff that has been recruiting Bro Jones since the 9th grade. He took the OV as a favor to the assistant.

If he doesn’t come to us then I hope Illinois pulls a shocker and he goes there instead of UGA lol

Archived