2020 5* OT Broderick Jones (UGA)

Auburn Kev

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

It would be interesting to see how we actually did, when it was  down to a head to head battle b/t Saban or Smart(since at GA) for any 5* or highly sought after 4*?  

We've gotten better with UGA this class. We won with Tank, Walker, Jay Hardy, & Eric Reed. They won with Darnell, & have Bro Jones committed.

With Bama this class we went 0-5: losing on Quan Robinson, Kennedy, Will Anderson, Roydell, & Cohen.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Eric Reed. 

You know, I forgot all about him. Our two safeties and nickel are pretty damn good this class

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

We've gotten better with UGA this class. We won with Tank, Walker, Jay Hardy, & Eric Reed. They won with Darnell, & have Bro Jones committed.

With Bama this class we went 0-5: losing on Quan Robinson, Kennedy, Will Anderson, Roydell, & Cohen.

We have not had this trouble in YEARS going head to head against bama. Or at least it feels like it. Until this class it has felt we have won our fair share against them in some tough crutin battles the past few years. DAMN. One of the all time recent blunders vs them. Especially when they flipped 3 of those from us. They even got a Jackson-Olin guy from us and  I was quite enjoying that mini pipeline we had going. 

Perception for me has been that we have had much more trouble recently with Kirby than Saban. Mannnnnnnnn this year at least blows that theory out of the water.

38 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

@ellitor, didn't Gus have an in home visit with Jones last night?  If so, have you seen/heard anything?

Thought it was later this week. Also we usually don’t hear much about how in-home visit went until after a recruitment is over.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tank was recruited heavily by Bama 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Of the players we struck out on vs Bama only 2 will be better than the player we replaced them with. Will Anderson is a MAN. I’d have loved him and Kennedy. The others, we are splitting hairs honestly. 

3 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Of the players we struck out on vs Bama only 2 will be better than the player we replaced them with. Will Anderson is a MAN. I’d have loved him and Kennedy. The others, we are splitting hairs honestly. 

So Romello is as good as Quan Robinson?

24 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Tank was recruited heavily by Bama 

Not sure he was a take after they got Roydell. Their focus most of the time was on Evans & Bijan Robinson.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So Romello is as good as Quan Robinson?

In my opinion, Height is easily the most underrated player in our class, and probably the most underrated in GA overall. I also think Robinson is one of the more overrated players in the Southeast. TIFWIW 

11 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

In my opinion, Height is easily the most underrated player in our class, and probably the most underrated in GA overall. I also think Robinson is one of the more overrated players in the Southeast. TIFWIW 

What makes you so high on him? I haven't watched any film on him.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Obviously not 44 but I have seen many people echo his sentiments.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thought it was later this week. Also we usually don’t hear much about how in-home visit went until after a recruitment is over.

Follow up. Gus did have his visit yesterday. Kirby used his in December.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He’s Richard Jibunor without the baggage. I have some family in Dublin and they say that his group of kids that he played with hasn’t done anything but win since they started playing together in little league 

Of course we all want B Jones to come to AU but if he choses not too how absolutely funny would it be to witness the MELT if he pulls the shocker of all shockers and goes to Illinois?! lol. How much anger that would give Kirby gives muhhhhh life!!!!

14 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

I agree, I think Cameron Riley is another underrated guy in our class too

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Of course we all want B Jones to come to AU but if he choses not too how absolutely funny would it be to witness the MELT if he pulls the shocker of all shockers and goes to Illinois?! lol. How much anger that would give Kirby gives muhhhhh life!!!!

Goes without saying that we would all prefer him at Illinois vs UGA.    And yeah, that would be a meltdown.

There are some posts going up on 247 right now that Broderick is on flip watch with some of the UGA writers.

A source from AUC supposedly connected to Jones said AU Recruits/players asked Jones if he had been locked into UGA. Jones replied "naw fam."

The Source thinks Broderick feels better about AU...

Mods, I'm not sure, but let me know if I'm allowed to post something like this, and delete if needed.

36 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

There are some posts going up on 247 right now that Broderick is on flip watch with some of the UGA writers.

A source from AUC supposedly connected to Jones said AU Recruits/players asked Jones if he had been locked into UGA. Jones replied "naw fam."

The Source thinks Broderick feels better about AU...

Mods, I'm not sure, but let me know if I'm allowed to post something like this, and delete if needed.

giphy-2.gif

So the earlier info that AU visited Tuesday was incorrect. It came from Rivals. Per Keith, Gus & most of the O staff are visiting Bro Jones tomorrow as well as some from the UGA staff per Rusty. But Kirby can't visit so no dance off.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 it was a little too much since it originated from a VIP post so I skimmed it a bit.

Also I couldn't find anything about UGA writers addressing a flip watch.

Someone else said that on the 247 board. Didn’t see the article tho. Chad Simmons had something I think 

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Someone else said that on the 247 board. Didn’t see the article tho. Chad Simmons had something I think 

Chad mainly reitterated everything Keith said. Too close to call & could go either way.

Archived