LSU vs. Clemson Who ya got?

CleCoTiger

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m expecting some serious regression next year. Burrow is inhuman. 

If LSU expects someone else to just step in and do the same thing, they will be disappointed.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I wonder if those LSU boys are going to be looking for ways to fire ole O' once they realize this isn't repeatable without a once-in-a-generation talent. Or maybe that's just an Auburn problem

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

If LSU expects someone else to just step in and do the same thing, they will be disappointed.

A la Kiehl Frazier will be the next Cam. Jeremy Johnson will be the next Cam. And so on. 

As I see Orgeron smiling, I can't help but think of that fated 18-13 game that we won that led to Les Miles's dismissal. In a way, LSU should be thanking Auburn. 

Congrats to future Auburn Head Coach Joe Brady on his Natty! Excited to see him roaming the Auburn sidelines in 2022!!! Lol 😉

4 minutes ago, AUTiger03 said:

You know, I wonder if those LSU boys are going to be looking for ways to fire ole O' once they realize this isn't repeatable without a once-in-a-generation talent. Or maybe that's just an Auburn problem

Wait, and see if he goes O'fer the conference in two years first.

4 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

As I see Orgeron smiling, I can't help but think of that fated 18-13 game that we won that led to Les Miles's dismissal. In a way, LSU should be thanking Auburn. 

Burrow also figured out he was a decent QB in 2018 against us.

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Burrow also figured out he was a decent QB in 2018 against us.

Third and joe that game vs us.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger03 said:

No one has worse luck than AU. They won't win it all again until at least the next time the Natty is in NOLA since apparently that's the only place they can win a Natty at. but their "down" years they will have 10 win seasons and win a major bowl.

Corn Dogs really got em one...Wow

what do y'all think? Better than Cam? Take off the o & b goggles for a sec.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Hell no. Cam had no NFL talent around him whatsoever. LSU offense is loaded with it. Cam carried based on future NFL players the least talented college national champion in the modern era arguably.

LSU earned it. It just sucks so bad to see Auburn underachieving when others optimize the talent they have. We were the only team to test LSU and knowing if we had any offense we would’ve taken them down. Oh well...can only hope for the best going forward 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hell no. Cam had no NFL talent around him whatsoever. LSU offense is loaded with it. Cam carried based on future NFL players the least talented college national champion in the modern era arguably.

Cam did more by himself, that's for sure.

But I don't know who else could have done what Burrow did with his team, even with all the talent. 

Both great players, both all-time seasons. Lots to appreciate, and for all different reasons.

Oh my.  That shot of Coach Ensminger and his son Steve sharing a tearful moment got to me.  So sad and yet so happy.   Praying for them and Carley McCord’s family. 

LSU can’t replace Joe. The point I take away is that when you have great talent you put them in the best position to win. Bama, Clemson and now LSU all took advantage of the talent they had and got at least one championship. Tua, Lawrence and now Burrow all won at least one ring during their college careers. No reason why Auburn shouldn’t have the same expectations but we keep going around and around on the hamster wheel trying figure out remedial offense scheme. 

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I don’t know about that but he’s very good. I’d put Cam and definitely Tebow above him. Just talking college. 

Even though I wanted LSU to win and am glad they beat Dabo I still despise LSU. No team has broken our heart more in my lifetime than LSU. The way they win vs us has just been downright painful. We have had so many games stolen from us by them. Even in our last 2 good to really good seasons (2013 and 2017) they still managed to beat us. Will Gus ever beat Coach O? WHEN WILL WE EVER WIN AT LSU AGAIN?!?!

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

It's hard to compare IMO. Brennan set the SSTD record vs the WAC and Burrow broke it vs SEC talent. By numbers I think yes and yes the talent around him is pretty damn good. Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall are all NFL talent but they needed someone who could get the ball to them, not taking anything from Burrow or what he's done there but Cam had T Zach, Adams, and Kodi. How many times did # 2 put that team on his back when they needed him? Those Clemson, Arkansas, bama games man he came through. 8 comeback wins. Burrow didn't have many of those games. Both of their defenses gave up yards and points, LSU has more next level talent on d but neither could be considered bad. My honest opinion watching both teams is LSU loses 2 games without Burrow ( Texas & uat), AU loses 6 without Cam (Clemson, USC, Arkansas, LSU, uga, uat) maybe 7 considering UK. Burrow was LSU's missing piece, Cam was AU's everything. 

Archived