Late Kick Live reviews OSU v Clemson and Oklahoma v LSU

CleCoTiger

He's spot on with most all he said, especially about the officiating. It's just plain bad all across the college game. The officials don't seem to know what holding is anymore, and offensive pass interference is almost never called at all. I hope the fact of how bad it is will be discussed more, and more in the immediate future. I've long said that the officials should be made full time professionals in the college game. College football still treats officiating like it's still the days when the athletic directors would meet behind the gate house to divvy up the gate receipts after the game. It's pathetic really.

Glad to hear at least one media guy throw dirt on the idea that we need 8 teams in the playoff to know who is the best. …..but the Sirius XM guys....Childers, McElroy , etc are still in the " 8 team" camp but I guess that's more about what they see as good for their media employers and not the sport.   

And who is surprised that that SEC officials stepped into it at a crucial moment?   And only the SEC can have a video replay …..spend 5 minutes looking at various views and still get it wrong..

But the Clemson loss is still on Ohio State which let Clemson go the length of the field twice in less than 2 minutes each drive when  tOSU had the lead and seemed to be in charge at the half and then the end of the game.      

Archived