War Eagle Everywhere

WarEagle1982

gallery_hero_e0983929-ec17-4c20-ac14-42e3a341ee58.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Nice man. His wife, Susan, was an elementary teacher, eventually counselor I think, at Wrights Mill Road, where Cam volunteered a couple of decades later. Very well-respected. 

Have 3 sons and all attended Wrights Mill, Susan was tops with all the students and parents alike. Think several of the players have volunteered at Wrights Mill through the years. Remember my youngest son becoming big pals with Jeno James in his Wrights Mill days. Coach Tuberville was also a regular parent volunteer some mornings to help with unloading students at the front entrance.

Know I am older than you but sure we have crossed paths. Joined AUMC in the early 80's. Still have a place in Auburn and try to attend whenever I have the chance.

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have 3 sons and all attended Wrights Mill, Susan was tops with all the students and parents alike. Think several of the players have volunteered at Wrights Mill through the years. Remember my youngest son becoming big pals with Jeno James in his Wrights Mill days. Coach Tuberville was also a regular parent volunteer some mornings to help with unloading students at the front entrance.

Know I am older than you but sure we have crossed paths. Joined AUMC in the early 80's. Still have a place in Auburn and try to attend whenever I have the chance.

That is WILD! Makes me smile...sort of like that Will Smith "Six Degrees of Separation" movie...War Eagle, Salty!

When I worked, I traveled to Europe on a weekly basis and would always offer up a ‘War Eagle’ when I saw a fellow fan.  It happened often as I recall, walking through airports especially, I got a couple of ‘War Eagles’ in Paris and Frankfurt from the locals and we would talk about our swim team.  That was a few years ago.

Yup. We flew to Chicago back in April for my son’s Navy boot camp PIR and got a War Eagle in the Midway airport within five minutes of getting off the plane. 

My favorite War Eagle came from Kam Martin on a packed flight from Atlanta to Houston.  He just happened to sit next to me on the plane and introduced himself.  He's a very nice young man!

I was an Air Force navigator. During a mission to the old Congo, about 1963, I walked around Leopoldville, and heard a War Eagle from a group of missionaries. First time since '61 graduation. Made me understand the Auburn family. Why am I so nervous about the Outback Bowl?

AUsome 2020!  All hands, be safe and blessed.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:40 PM, ToraGirl said:

I'm so glad you got to go! Happy anniversary to you both! NYC grows on you in a "terribly wonderful, gotta return soon" kind-of-way...though the first day terrified me decades ago! Adore Central Park...

I agree.  I enjoyed the place a lot more than I ever thought I would.  I agree with you on Central Park.  It is a beautiful place and I only saw a very tiny part.  I could never live there though.  I was never more glad to smell the cow poo when I got home early this morning.  😂😂😂

9 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

That is WILD! Makes me smile...sort of like that Will Smith "Six Degrees of Separation" movie...War Eagle, Salty!

And a huge War Eagle to you from Mexico Beach Florida tonight. Happy New Year!

War Eagle from Dunwoody in the heart of thuga country. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

And a huge War Eagle to you from Mexico Beach Florida tonight. Happy New Year!

Gorgeous! It's so peaceful and natural there. How are they faring with hurricane recovery?

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Gorgeous! It's so peaceful and natural there. How are they faring with hurricane recovery?

Slowly coming back. Still lot of work to do. Beach is beautiful after refurbishment, plus no crowds due to no places to stay.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:15 AM, JoeinPF said:

Mine was getting off an airplane in Minneapolis / St. Paul. Talk about the last place you would expect to find a Auburn fan. 

Especially not this week!

Nothing beats a War Eagle moment!!  Living in Texas they are always joyous occasion. My most recent was last week in Red River, New Mexico. I was loading my family’s rental skis in the car, and my step-son taps me on the shoulder saying Auburn fans, Auburn fans. Both me and my daughter (soph at AU) whipped our heads around to see a early 30’ish couple walking the street in their AU gear. They then got bombarded by smiles, fist pumps, and WAR EAGLES!!

Archived