All Things Isaac Okoro NBA Draft (Merged)

GwillMac6

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another updated Mock Draft. Has Okoro going 14th. Last pick in the lottery. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/2020-nba-mock-draft#slide-17

image.jpegOne way to increase your stock for the next level!

I was undecided if he was a 1st round type player this year because of his offensive production.  He has upped his game in last two games and there is little doubt in my mind he is now 1st round if he can do this consistently if he adds a consistent outside shot he will move inside top 14 for sure and will be a one and done.

Production is not as important as potential.

SB Nation newest mock has him going at #4 (!)

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Production is not as important as potential.

SB Nation newest mock has him going at #4 (!)

his defense had him as a top 15-20 pick coming out of HS everywhere Ive seen. The fact that he has some of the offensive abilities he's shown should raise him to a 5-10 guy imo. 

Some of us have been high on Okoro for a while and not as high on Wiley. Looks like the nba is too....🤔

With how weak this draft is and how okoro has been better than we expected on the offensive end I fully expect him to go in the top ten. *Knock on wood* he of course keeps up his good play as a scorer!!! He is the ideal 3 and D wing if he can develop a three point shot. I personally think he can. His shot is not ugly and bad looking. He has been a lot better at the free throw line lately as well *knock on wood*.  NBA teams have shot doctors and I think it may take 2 full offseasons but he can be a 35% three point shooter in the league.

NBA body? Check. NBA athleticism? Check. Is he great at something the NBA covets? Yes. Defense. Teams are going to fall in love with him during the draft process. He is going to be coveted.

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

With how weak this draft is and how okoro has been better than we expected on the offensive end I fully expect him to go in the top ten. *Knock on wood* he of course keeps up his good play as a scorer!!! He is the ideal 3 and D wing if he can develop a three point shot. I personally think he can. His shot is not ugly and bad looking. He has been a lot better at the free throw line as well. 

NBA body? Check. NBA athleticism? Check. Is he great at something the NBA covets? Yes. Defense. Teams are going to fall in love with him during the draft process. He is going to be coveted.

Having some Auburn players back in the league might get me to watch the NBA again! Lost interest about ten years ago and never came back.

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

Having some Auburn players back in the league might get me to watch the NBA again! Lost interest about ten years ago and never came back.

I quit watching after Barkley and the Phoenix Suns lost in the NBA Finals.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

With how weak this draft is and how okoro has been better than we expected on the offensive end I fully expect him to go in the top ten. *Knock on wood* he of course keeps up his good play as a scorer!!! He is the ideal 3 and D wing if he can develop a three point shot. I personally think he can. His shot is not ugly and bad looking. He has been a lot better at the free throw line as well. 

Dang, bro. You just made me wee my britches a little.

Image result for excited kid gif"

14 hours ago, toddc said:

I know. It was always fun to watch ex-AU players whether it be NFL or NBA, but since Marquis Daniels got out in 2013 there's been nobody from AU staying w/ any length. And Since the Bird, Magic, and Jordan day I haven't wanted to watch NBA or pick a team to like bc an AU player is on it.

Maybe now w/ Okeke, Okoro, Wiley, Jared and Bryce we have a chance as some have a chance to make it, and others will be playing soon (Okeke, Okoro, Wiley). 

I'm going to see Bryce Brown play in Atlanta this month and that will be the first non-AU basketball game I will have seen in many many years. 

28 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I know. It was always fun to watch ex-AU players whether it be NFL or NBA, but since Marquis Daniels got out in 2013 there's been nobody from AU staying w/ any length. And Since the Bird, Magic, and Jordan day I haven't wanted to watch NBA or pick a team to like bc an AU player is on it.

Maybe now w/ Okeke, Okoro, Wiley, Jared and Bryce we have a chance as some have a chance to make it, and others will be playing soon (Okeke, Okoro, Wiley). 

I'm going to see Bryce Brown play in Atlanta this month and that will be the first non-AU basketball game I will have seen in many many years. 

Right there with you on everything except I won't be watching Bryce in Atlanta 😞. That should be fun. I have tuned out the NBA except the finals for years. Celtics fan here so I did keep up with the Big 3 in Boston a few years ago. I can't wait to see Okeke healthy. 

It's actually too early to be excited about anything unless you're a top 5 lottery player. Right now there is somebody that's not on anybody's radar that will be drafted first round. 

You can actually look at chumma last year and see. Conference play just started, conference play will write resumes and tournament play will stamp it

Okoro is alot like chumma as far as why he's wanted in the NBA so he's in a different space than most. As soon as it was discovered he had a long reach he was golden. If he goes to ten or late first round will depend on how he developes his handle and his imagination and creativity with the ball in his hand.

I feel conference play is about to open alot of eyes.....good and bad as far as our team

• 1 month later...

Wow, stock just keeps climbing. 

I could definitely see him going to Minnesota. They need a defenders. They're about to have the worst -- and I mean the worst -- pick and roll defense with Deangelo and KAT. They have Okogie and Culver but need more help on defense.

Yeah, Okoro's stock has risen to lottery pick level and probably won't go down any if he keeps playing at or above the level he is now.  As much as I hate it, I think he is gone after this year and I don't see any scenario where he stays.  The general consensus is that this year's draft class is weaker than most years, and as a result it would be in his best interests to go after the season.  Next year he could play even better than he has this year, and if the draft class is stronger he could still drop.  Also another year of national exposure could lessen his perceived "potential" at the next level and causing him to fall in the draft.  Then you have risk of injury and so on.  As much as we would all love to see him play with Cooper next year it seems to me that his choice should be an easy one to go pro.   

1 hour ago, BHDAU1 said:

Yeah, Okoro's stock has risen to lottery pick level and probably won't go down any if he keeps playing at or above the level he is now.  As much as I hate it, I think he is gone after this year and I don't see any scenario where he stays.  The general consensus is that this year's draft class is weaker than most years, and as a result it would be in his best interests to go after the season.  Next year he could play even better than he has this year, and if the draft class is stronger he could still drop.  Also another year of national exposure could lessen his perceived "potential" at the next level and causing him to fall in the draft.  Then you have risk of injury and so on.  As much as we would all love to see him play with Cooper next year it seems to me that his choice should be an easy one to go pro.   

Why would you hate it?  It would be HUGE for recruiting.

17 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Why would you hate it?  It would be HUGE for recruiting.

I agree. And I'm hoping and praying that if Okoro does go, as I expect, that we get Kuminga in his place. Much as I loved watching Harper and Brown and Okeke, etc, grow up for 2-3-4 years, I LOVE the idea of being a school that gets the one and done type players, because that means we're always one good recruiting class from competing for it all. 

14 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I hear he is going to play all four years at AU

Lol at my stupidity 

I've got some ocean front property in Kentucky to sell ya...😉

22 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I agree. And I'm hoping and praying that if Okoro does go, as I expect, that we get Kuminga in his place. Much as I loved watching Harper and Brown and Okeke, etc, grow up for 2-3-4 years, I LOVE the idea of being a school that gets the one and done type players, because that means we're always one good recruiting class from competing for it all. 

A good mixture of both is best, imo, to have talent and leadership.  

Archived