All Things Isaac Okoro NBA Draft (Merged)

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

A good mixture of both is best, imo, to have talent and leadership.  

Of course it is. But we're getting that with the Flanigan and Cambridge type players, they just have to get a little more experience under their belts to be able to step up as veteran leaders. That Chuck Person deal is going to kill us on the experience front next season.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

A good mixture of both is best, imo, to have talent and leadership.  

Absolutely!!! I love that Bruce seems to be doing that!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Mixing his class/potential classes  with 3-4 year players and potential 1 and dones or even 2 and dones. Adults win in March for the most part. Vet and experience when in March. The best example of a mixture of both is the 2015 Duke team that had Quinn Cooke and Amile Jefferson in the starting 5 along with the 3 one and done freshmen. That is how it is done. That is in a ideal world.

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely!!! I love that Bruce seems to be doing that!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Mixing his class/potential classes  with 3-4 year players and potential 1 and dones or even 2 and dones. Adults win in March for the most part. Vet and experience when in March. The best example of a mixture of both is the 2015 Duke team that had Quinn Cooke and Amile Jefferson in the starting 5 along with the 3 one and done freshmen. That is how it is done. That is in a ideal world.

That’s why Cal can’t get over the hump consistently at UK. Bunch of “Me” players. 

20 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That’s why Cal can’t get over the hump consistently at UK. Bunch of “Me” players. 

With all due respect, I'm thinking Kentucky's issue has been more "young" players than "me" guys. I don't think GWill said anything resembling what you're gleaning from it, from my perspective, if you took it as Cal recruits "me" players. Those Kentucky guys have basically all been good kids trying to learn how to play with one another over 30 games while adjusting to a whole new level of competition. 

Cal has just recently started balancing grad transfers etc with the stud freshmen. He's learned/learning it's too hard to win the title with no experience to mitigate the unpredictability with having a freshmen-led team. 

Even with that I'm pretty sure Cal has more elite 8 appearances than anyone since the 1 and done era began. That is remarkable considering the roster turnover he deals with on a yearly basis

On 2/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, Tiger said:

I could definitely see him going to Minnesota. They need a defenders. They're about to have the worst -- and I mean the worst -- pick and roll defense with Deangelo and KAT. They have Okogie and Culver but need more help on defense.

imagine how bad it'll get when they get DBook in a few seasons....they're going to have to average 120 PPG just to make the offs 

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

With all due respect, I'm thinking Kentucky's issue has been more "young" players than "me" guys. I don't think GWill said anything resembling what you're gleaning from it, from my perspective, if you took it as Cal recruits "me" players. Those Kentucky guys have basically all been good kids trying to learn how to play with one another over 30 games while adjusting to a whole new level of competition. 

Cal has just recently started balancing grad transfers etc with the stud freshmen. He's learned/learning it's too hard to win the title with no experience to mitigate the unpredictability with having a freshmen-led team. 

Even with that I'm pretty sure Cal has more elite 8 appearances than anyone since the 1 and done era began. That is remarkable considering the roster turnaround he deals with on a yearly basis

You are correct. Bad choice of words. I was referencing the inexperience. The over the hump comment was the as you stated, get to Elite 8 on pure talent, but not having the experience of a 3 year guy to get them through the final rounds

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

imagine how bad it'll get when they get DBook in a few seasons....they're going to have to average 120 PPG just to make the offs 

LOL man you take that back! I want to see Booker and Ayton flourish together in Phoenix with Oubre as the 3rd option

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right now he's around a low lottery pick

So he's in the top 4? That's considered the lottery group.

Never would have believed that w/ his inconsistencies in shooting range and FTs. It seems the draft is weak I guess.

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Never would have believed that w/ his inconsistencies in shooting range and FTs. It seems the draft is weak I guess.

Top 13-14 are lottery picks, I'd say the bottom end of that

Well, so much for wait and see about his return. Good for him. Now let's see how far he can take us this year. Still kinda strange having two and dones and one and dones coming through Auburn. We are going to lose our entire starting 5 and our 6th man next season, but we can worry about that another day. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Here are some of the updated Mock Drafts and where they have him going. 

Sporting News- 9th. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-mock-draft-2020-trade-deadline-warriors-lamelo-ball-knicks-pick/1jwi34jf5ay9i118yjrz207qbx

SI- 3rd. https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/12/nba-mock-draft-anthony-edwards-lamelo-ball-isaac-okoro

Bleacher Report- 5th. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874545-2020-nba-mock-draft-post-trade-deadline-edition#slide5

NBA Draft. Net- 14th. https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

NBC Sports- 7th. https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/02/11/2020-nba-mock-draft/

ESPN Big Board- Has Okoro as the 4th best prospect. https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know I view things through a thick emotional filter, but it *feels* like, except for the 2005 and 2011 NFL drafts, AU guys always go lower than predicted. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

LOL man you take that back! I want to see Booker and Ayton flourish together in Phoenix with Oubre as the 3rd option

Phoenix has an interesting core, dont get me wrong, but Minnesota seems like they'd give the world for KAT 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I know I view things through a thick emotional filter, but it *feels* like, except for the 2005 and 2011 NFL drafts, AU guys always go lower than predicted. 

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMA went a lot higher than expected!!! We all were expected lower part of the first. Not almost lottery! IT IS A NEW DAY BAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! Maybe it balances itself out because AU Bball players will go higher than expected I guess?! lol.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMA went a lot higher than expected!!! We all were expected lower part of the first. Not almost lottery! IT IS A NEW DAY BAY BAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! Maybe it balances itself out because AU Bball players will go higher than expected I guess?! lol.

Did I mention a thick, emotional, football filter? Haha. Woot! Forgot about Chuma. LEHGO!

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did I mention a thick, emotional, football filter? Haha. Woot! Forgot about Chuma. LEHGO!

This years NFL Draft will be the true test of your theory. If Derrick Brown goes lower than 10th?! Mannnnn...........

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

This years NFL Draft will be the true test of your theory. If Derrick Brown goes lower than 10th?! Mannnnn...........

Yeah man, that would be bad news blues. I don't see it happening. Really curious about the guys after him. I think we've got some combine heroes. And there's still a Davis running the Raidahs, lol.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah man, that would be bad news blues. I don't see it happening. Really curious about the guys after him. I think we've got some combine heroes. And there's still a Davis running the Raidahs, lol.

McShay seems to be REALLY high on Noah Iggy. And he is absolutely the kind of freak athlete that can just wow people at the combine. He could start to fly up mock drafts and teams draft boards in general.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

McShay seems to be REALLY high on Noah Iggy. And he is absolutely the kind of freak athlete that can just wow people at the combine. He could start to fly up mock drafts and teams draft boards in general.

Well, would you look at that. We took this thing off the tracks for a beat and then tidied it back up all by our grown up selves. Now, back to Isaac Okoro!

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Depends on how he performs during the tournament

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I said he was going lottery

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Top 13-14 are lottery picks, I'd say the bottom end of that

You'd be in disagreement with all of the recent projections if you said that.

Archived