Auburn to wear alternate helmets

Zeek

It would have been great to wear the 'fish net' jerseys too in his honor....hopefully inside the helmets aren't the old 'suspension' style...for us old farts, they were a guarantee 'bell-ringers' during practice and the game....

WDE...beat the boat... 

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Let's Go!

I'm ready.  

giphy.gif

That ought to remove any doubt about Auburn players being ready for the game. Nobody would want to disappoint Pat.

I know it would lose the special nature of its intention, but I could live with the players number on one side and AU on other side if it uses the script shown in this pic. 

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I know it would lose the special nature of its intention, but I could live with the players number on one side and AU on other side if it uses the script shown in this pic. 

I thought the same thing. 

Great idea! This should provide opportunity for the TV announcers to talk about Pat, and highlight his play on field, and how he was a great man off the field. 

10 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Someone hit it out of the park with this one.

It's funny how sometimes a relatively simple action like this makes much more of a statement than chrome helmets or black jerseys ever could. It's classic Auburn which is classy, just like everything Pat Sullivan did. 

Auburn got everything about this right. There have been many times that people have wanted an alternate jersey or pants color, but this looks GREAT! Everything about it looks clean and the change is simple, yet powerful. It's a resounding YES for me!

And to Pat...

giphy (4).gif

15 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Doubtful 

it would lose its impact and meaning unless it was to honor a player or coach/individual.

Absolutely right on.

This honor just means more than it would for a team with dial-a-uniforms.

ALSO notice the81398899_2996663100378455_1120396116706197504_o.jpg throwback Auburn A with the Eagle on the teams warm up gear.... nice!

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Very cool and endearing. 

I’m wondering if this will open the door for more unique uniform changes in the future. 

This and black shoes are the furthest we'll go I'm afraid.

Archived