Bowl game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

my goodness....no rush and wide open receiver....which at least their QB could find and hit....BN just not finding his guys...

He really isn't. Getting out the pocket should be a recipe for the disaster to the defense.

Way to go defense! Way to get burned again and again by a  middle of the road team. Way to not make smart decisions and tuck the damn ball and run to try to pick up the first down instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. You are not a top 10-15 team right now. Absolutely terrible job on all aspects of the game so far

Gus just can't help himself. Still calling every game like he has the 2013 OL. It's game 13. The strength of this offense is in the WRs. My God how obtuse can one be??? 

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Another wasted down. Need to stop throwing the ball away. If it’s not there tuck and run. That’s twice that cost us

Hastings messed it up. He was past the line to gain waiting, then when Bo went to throw it he turned around to go further down the field. 

If he had just stayed there the drive would have continued. Hastings has had several miscues today - sad, since it's his last game.

Just now, Tiger4life25 said:

Refs misjudged where they were supposed to place it 😉

I think somebody wrote a bad check and they found out! Rest of the game is going our way!

that’s all on gus... what a piece of s***!  our defense played their guts out stopping them on 4th down, and the coward gives it right back to them.  i hate gus.  ANYBODY could do a better job with this team... ANYBODY!  year after year, we’re tired of watching this s***.

Just now, shabby said:

Who is playing worse? Offense or Defense?

Offense, by far.  Nix is regressing as Malzahn QBs do.  'Single focus on the covered receiver and throw it anyway' is not a formula for success. 

Just now, jluvah said:

Gus Malzahn’s a damned idiot!,

Yes. Gus was covering their receiver and got burned. Gus is dropping passes. Gus is missing wide open throws. It’s all Gus’s fault.

Thats on Bo Nix. He needs to make quicker decisions. Then to throw it away on third down is moronic. Do that in other downs. Try to make a play on third. That’s at least the second probably third time he has thrown it away on third down. Not smart at all!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

my goodness....no rush and wide open receiver....which at least their QB could find and hit....BN just not finding his guys...

Bono’s the ONLY thing we have. I have been critical of him this year but he is the only reason we are in this game. 

That was a piss poor offensive series.  Not sure where those choices came from given what has worked in the 2nd half.  Very uninspired...and now...playing from behind, gain.

We get a stop on 4th and short. The passing game was working so what does Gus do two straight runs up the middle to put us in a third and 6.  Then when Minn. gets the ball back they burn us on a long pass.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And just like that all because bo toss it out of bounds can se he didn’t care. 

You seriously think he did not care....poor execution yes but cmon man not caring...I seriously worry about some of my fellow posters. 

Stupid fake punt call, D gets you a huge 4th down stop, you run IZ twice and then try a pass, punt, TD Minnesota...smdh...y’all can keep Gus...4 losses, every year, guaranteed...but thats all we can expect right?

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not when we actually have momentum and they just had a 3 and out

Not my question - he said at the 50 yard line. Whether it was a good call is questionable, but not the yard line.

Archived