Bowl game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

This game is a prime example of how a team of lesser talent is beating a team with more highly-rated recruits with excellent coaching, development, and scheming. Minnesota looks as if they've just started with their program's direction while we're still baffled by this. In Year 7.

It's also a bowl game, where one team cares, and the other obviously doesn't give a sh*t (no matter how many times Rod Gilmore says they do). 

It boggles the mind that we were able to beat Oregon and bama, and hang tough (despite horrible Offense) @UF, @LSU and against uga. They may be better coached, but we're still the better team....What would Minnesota's record be against Oregon, UF, LSU, uga and bama? 

Just now, cole256 said:

You don't go for stupid fake punts.....

Agreed. GM should be coaching pee wee ball. He knows about 5 true play calls. Regardless of the lines on each side of the ball, he is the HC and this team was so not prepared. He should be fired after next year regardless of the win loss record. He is not a brilliant offensive mind, nor is he head coach material of a good program. My rants are over, because it’s a waste of time. AU is poorly managed. 

Just now, shabby said:

How do you adjust ton2 seconds t know throw the ball?

Throw the ball in two seconds. Have you been watching the game? Minnesota defense is a bend don't break defense. Every time we got pace, it was due to the quick passes. Coincidentally, during these drives we found ways to score. 

Just now, shabby said:

Does one decision mean it's been bad calling all game? Not enough time to take deep shots. Mid routes and tight ends are being utilized. What would you do that's not happenning?

No but run up the middle twice, and pass don't work either. He's one of the highest paid coaches in the country. You adjust, you come up with ideas, you're playing a less talented team....the fact that it's hard doesn't absolve you. QB should be better, o line should be better, defense should be better....be better

I remember telling people to simmer down after the Iron Bowl and that we may regret that victory because we're stuck with this loser who gets beat by subpar teams regularly.

Everyone responsible for the decisions for gus’s Contract, renewals deserve all of the wrath they are about to get from the alumni and fan base. AD is about to have to earn his money.  

Boys we got out coached ( to no ones surprise)and outplayed. Why I expected anything different is beyond me. 

Minnesota is still an awful place to live . Snow for 800 days a year . No tan chicks , no Jacks Biscuits . Lol 

totally kidding . Just bitter 

Gus has a chance to overcome all of his negative critique and go into the off season with momentum and he craps the bed like this... Absolutely pathetic

Just now, caleb1633 said:

I remember telling people to simmer down after the Iron Bowl and that we may regret that victory because we're stuck with this loser who gets beat by subpar teams regularly.

I mean, with the buyout, we might as well get ours in while it runs down.

This is EXACTLY what financial job security looks like. My lost pride at the fruit of it would get in the way of the enjoying spending it, though. 

Archived