Bowl game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now a holding call when it does not matter.....do I recall that happening earlier in the year? 

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Gus won’t make it a full season next year

Wishful thinking much? It doesn't drop until 12/31.

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

What would be the point?  Our 'go to' plan was to replace him with Kevin Steele.   LOL.  

Idea, let's let someone else coach the other 12 games, and let Gus coach the Iron Bowl. Yeah!

1 minute ago, caleb1633 said:

I remember telling people to simmer down after the Iron Bowl and that we may regret that victory because we're stuck with this loser who gets beat by subpar teams regularly.

Thing is Caleb, they don’t care. They just wanna beat bama every now and then so they can have bragging rights and still lose 4 games a year. They’re happy with that. And they know who they are

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Each year is year 1 with Gus. We have no direction as a program and each year we have to figure out our identity. That's poor coaching.  By year 7 you should have the direction and identity set and be recruiting and scheming towards it. No way should you have to wait till game 4 of 5 to find out who you are.

We know who we are with Gus.

Well said. 

Plus, I really hate not knowing how we'd show up or not in games. Every game is practically unpredictable. There's a reason why we're often brought up when college football world talks about unpredictable teams. Even the fans here have to admit we all do not know what to expect from Gus and this type of football team on ANY GIVEN SATURDAY. 

6 minutes ago, AURealist said:

What would be the point?  Our 'go to' plan was to replace him with Kevin Steele.   LOL.  

Idea, let's let someone else coach the other 12 games, and let Gus coach the Iron Bowl. Yeah!

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Fleck stomped Gus today. 
Most coaches stomp Gus. 
Please let this be his last year at it. 
Please go get Fleck when it’s all over. 

He beat bama and we rushed the field. He's not going anywhere

Draining the clock. I am beyond aggravated. I have been this way all season, and knew the bammer win was because of 2 pick sixes, and not because of Gusto. 

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's also a bowl game, where one team cares, and the other obviously doesn't give a sh*t (no matter how many times Rod Gilmore says they do). 

It boggles the mind that we were able to beat Oregon and bama, and hang tough (despite horrible Offense) @UF, @LSU and against uga. They may be better coached, but we're still the better team....What would Minnesota's record be against Oregon, UF, LSU, uga and bama? 

It's not about perception...it's about us taking care of business. We both agree Auburn is a better team, but we cannot put claim to that if a 11-2 team is about to beat us, and in a rather decisive fashion.

“I don’t understand why the Auburn fans keep calling for Gus to be replaced, he’s beaten Nick Saban”- the ignorant national media. 

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's also a bowl game, where one team cares, and the other obviously doesn't give a sh*t (no matter how many times Rod Gilmore says they do). 

It boggles the mind that we were able to beat Oregon and bama, and hang tough (despite horrible Offense) @UF, @LSU and against uga. They may be better coached, but we're still the better team....What would Minnesota's record be against Oregon, UF, LSU, uga and bama? 

The fact that we are the better team is what makes this so infuriating. Who cares what their record would be against our schedule and what the heck does that have to do with them manhandling us today? If our team didn’t care, then that’s on Gus to allow that kind of mindset to develop. The fact that our future  NFL players decided to play in this games tells me otherwise. Our guys wanted to finish with 10 wins.

Archived