Bowl game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn's record as head coach. 2013: 12-2, 2014: 8-5:, 2015: 7-6, 2016: 8-5, 2017: 10-4, 2018: 8-5, 2019: 9-4.  Also, 2-5 in Bowl Games. Though Allen Greene should FIRE Malzahn today, he won't because Allen is a yes man. He does what the BOT's tell him to do. Hey Jimmy Rane, please get you're check book out and write out Malzahn's  buyout.

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

Gustav loves laying January eggs.

If the talent gap is not substantial home boy cannot win a bowl game. And AU and Minny talent gap was substantial but to bad for us the coaching acumen gap was even more vast and wide.

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

GREAT defense? Did you watch the same game I did?

Yes.  A terrible offense that can’t put an extended drive together causes the defense to be on the field too much, get worn out and lose intensity. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well this makes it all better.

Sarcasm, I guess. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Malzahn's record as head coach. 2013: 12-2, 2014: 8-5:, 2015: 7-6, 2016: 8-5, 2017: 10-4, 2018: 8-5, 2019: 9-4.  Also, 2-5 in Bowl Games. Though Allen Greene should FIRE Malzahn today, he won't because Allen is a yes man. He does what the BOT's tell him to do. Hey Jimmy Rane, please get you're check book out and write out Malzahn's  buy out.

If you think it's the AD's solo call at any school then you don't understand how it works.  Someone(s) has to come up with a lot of cash and it's not all the AD.

That being said, the best long term ROI is firing Gus the day his buy-out drops and getting Fleck, Cristobal, or Rhule on campus asap, regardless of the upfront cost.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

I’ll let you decide

Indeed! 👍

This game reminded me of 2 years ago with UCF.  I think Minnesota is a better team than we thought they were. I think the muffed punt by Tutt was the difference in the game. I hate that we lost for our seniors. They deserved better than what happened. At least we beat bammer so that soothes the wound a bit!

WDE!!  Doc

Just now, doc4aday said:

This game reminded me of 2 years ago with UCF.  I think Minnesota is a better team than we thought they were. I think the muffed punt by Tutt was the difference in the game. I hate that we lost for our seniors. They deserved better than what happened. At least we beat bammer so that soothes the wound a bit!

WDE!!  Doc

Who is we?  I took Minny and the points.

11 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Yes.  A terrible offense that can’t put an extended drive together causes the defense to be in the field too much, get worn out and lose intensity. 

Out of reactions...yes, @around4ever. @jluvah...defense was an anomaly today. The overworked defense and the insane buyout saved his bacon repeatedly this season. 

19 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Would be staggered if that happened. He beat Bama and hired Morris, that saved his job. My guess is next year will be more of the same. Green should publicly put Gus in his place, but he won’t. 

I think we need to push to have Green replaced with an AD that is confident enough to do what he needs to do. He tried to fire Gus last year and couldn’t follow through. Then earlier this year he should have fired him even before the uat game. I would  have rather lost to uat than be saddled with Gus for another year. This was bama’s year off we won’t get many more. 

18 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He brought his average up to only 4.4/season.

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:
 11 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Yes.  A terrible offense that can’t put an extended drive together causes the defense to be in the field too much, get worn out and lose intensity. 

Out of reactions...yes, @around4ever. @jluvah...defense was an anomaly today. The overworked defense and the insane buyout saved his bacon repeatedly this season. 

What?

24 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

If today had to happen for this to be our future, I am all for it. Off to walk this off. 

Can we send eejits directly to this thread when the seasonal dissing starts about Coach Fleck, Mario Cristobal, and any up-and-comers who are already leaps and bounds ahead... 

Wait a minute, ToraGirl, Mikey will be on board hiring Fleck as he just took Gus to the woodshed.  That’s his criteria.

I can't believe at the beginning of the game Gus said he thought we were better up front.. And faster. 

We've stunk all year long up front. It starts and ends in the trenches. It's only going backwards. Chad Morris ain't doing crap for this offense. 

2-5 in bowl games... We'll be 2-7 before we finally get rid of this coach. He does just enough to keep us competitive. It's a slow painful death for Auburn fans

We need a guy like P.J. Fleck the only concern is will his car salesman motivational speeches eventually lose its effect? Is he more of a short term type coach?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wait a minute, ToraGirl, Mikey will be on board hiring Fleck as he just took Gus to the woodshed.  That’s his criteria.

Fleck would definitely be an improvement over Gus. Heck even a high school coach would be an improvement over our present high school  coac.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Fleck would definitely be an improvement over Gus. Heck even a high school coach would be an improvement over our present high school  coac.

After today, who could seriously argue with that.

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

We need a guy like P.J. Fleck the only concern is will his car salesman motivational speeches eventually lose its effect? Is he more of a short term type coach?

I’m sure you are correct, but it hasn’t slowed Dabo down much.

Archived