Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

When you can frame it as paying $1M a win it's a little more palatable but AU is going to miss the window on some great coaches by continuing to wait.

There are always new hot coaching names that appear every year so no need to worry about missing out on the great coach of the time. They get discussed every season when we lose a game. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

NFL money?  Shirley, you jest.

Fastest player in college football who has already shown he can catch to boot? I would imagine he would have a better prospective than Slayton did. I mean you have to be Phelps good to make more in the Olympics. 

Just now, Pedaler said:

Fastest player in college football who has already shown he can catch to boot? I would imagine he would have a better prospective than Slayton did. I mean you have to be Phelps good to make more in the Olympics. 

It's not just about the Olympics.  There are meets around the world all year round.  Track and field is especially huge outside of the U.S.  If he can gain a few sponsorships, then he'd be pretty set all while playing a sport where he's not getting hit by 220 pound dudes.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I have no idea. If you post something critical of Gus or imply that Auburn can and should do better it’s just a matter of time before you are labeled “whiner”/“Bammer”/ etc or someone implies that you don’t love Auburn. It’s a weird deal....

And one we'll probably start being less and less concerned about...no telling how long it would take for change to come, but today was one step closer. And it's sad that it's so.

truth>appearances

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I'm still here and plenty tough.  Just tired of pansy ass creed monsters who think that those of us who want more for AU are either "not real AU fans" or somehow have an agenda.  The only agenda is to be the best university we can be at everything we do.

well maybe with those two degrees and teaching at auburn you will figure out you are whining to the wrong people. no one on this board can fire gus. and we all already understand how you and most of the gus haters feel as it has been beat to death for years now.

6 minutes ago, rophle said:

There are always new hot coaching names that appear every year so no need to worry about missing out on the great coach of the time. They get discussed every season when we lose a game. 

That rebuttal works in years 1-4. Get much past that, say nearly double, and, sure, stats attempt to come flying out on both sides, but patterns are what become indefensible. Talk 8 figures and one-sided, and it seems near criminal to defend it. 

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I never agreed with anyone about tackling Gus.  Not one post of mine has ever called for someone to hurt the man.  I don't like him as a coach.  That's where it begins and ends.

If I had been in Tampa today I might have tackled him myself

Just now, aubiefifty said:

well maybe with those two degrees and teaching at auburn you will figure out you are whining to the wrong people. no one on this board can fire gus. and we all already understand how you and most of the gus haters feel as it has been beat to death for years now.

No one is forcing you to be here.  If you don't like how people complain, so be it.  But it's not changing until either Gus changes or there's a new head man in charge.

And again, as stated earlier, we can write all the emails and letters we want.  Until people stop buying tickets and withholding donations, nothing will change.  AU doesn't care about you, me, or anyone else.  It cares about money.  The love of AU is a true one way street.  Once we all recognize that, the better off we'll be.

Pleaaaaaase JB be on the way out.

Man, kicked back in my leather recliner, let my wife and daughter know I was not to be bothered for a few hours, snacks and drinks on hand. Coming off one of the most thrilling games in ages, figured I’d watch a little smashmouth football.  Figured Derrick and the boys would show them Golden Gophers how we do it Down South. Boys and girls, never in my wildest imaginations did I think I would witness that abortion.  That was UGLY.   

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

The cut and paste gets old. I've already read elsewhere.

well bless your heart sunshine. i have never made you read one single article i have ever posted. there are others on this board that have not read some of those articles and thanked me for taking the time to post. now how does that make you look? i can go back and copy and paste plenty of discussions you have had with others on articles that i post. so again, tell me what does that make you?

2 hours ago, jmcrosson said:

To be fair, many have been calling for Gus to be fired for quite a while. I joined that chorus after the Florida and LSU games. The sample size is plenty - we underperform regularly with a timely win sprinkled here and there against bama with their backup QB at home. The offense, his bread and butter that he wrote the book on and calls the plays for, has been an inconsistent atrocity that wastes consistent defensive performances and costs us games. I see the whole picture quite clearly and didn’t throw my hat into the circle of “fire gus” supporters until this year - year 7, after I’ve seen quite enough. 

You are preaching to the choir there my friend. 

I've wanted Gus gone since the 2017 LSU game. But like I said in the comment you quoted, Gus does everything else right besides the offense. IF he can pass it off like he did the defense, he could be an excellent head coach. 

I just think he has no business ever being in charge of an offense again. But being a head coach is more than just whatever side they specialized in prior to becoming a head coach. 

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

7-5 is my guess. The Iron Bowl win made it where the margin of error is higher because our administration has LBS and beating bama is the equivalent to winning a title for a lot of them.

With the new O-linemen I think it's possible...TAMU and UNC might get the job done. Heck, Joey Fresh could mess a few teams up.

22 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

When you can frame it as paying $1M a win it's a little more palatable but AU is going to miss the window on some great coaches by continuing to wait.

How about if you frame it as a dollar per breath? 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pleaaaaaase JB be on the way out.

JB is probably gone. The offensive line has just been a consistent weakness, and showed no signs of improvement through the year. I think we would have won the rest of our games if we had even a remotely competent OL. Bo would have been pressured less, and would have had less of the offense's success on his back .

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

JB is probably gone. The offensive line has just been a consistent weakness, and showed no signs of improvement through the year. I think we would have won the rest of our games if we had even a remotely competent OL. Bo would have been pressured less, and would have had less of the offense's success on his back .

What's that Hawkeye quote again?

20 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Why are people who want better for Auburn labeled as haters?

It's just part of the upside down world we live in. The name-calling doesn't change the truth, and they know it.  Classic theme of bigger ideological issues in the world today, too.

The only answers...

BC2mlMjCQAAguZS.jpeg

giphy (3).gif

Even if Malzahn gets more year on his contract, get yourself ready to watch this team lose 4 or more games as long as Allen Greene backs Gus 100%. I hate the thought seeing this team go through another year or even 2 with Gus. It will get worse each season.

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If we are 50/50 with UGA for Jones I wouldn't want to change anything right now. After NSD that's a different story. 

We are 50/50 because Pittman who is a top 2 OL recruiter in the country with Robbie Caldwell of Clemson left AND we threw some of our better recruiters are him in Porter, Garner and T Will.

Beating Oregon was great. Beating Bama was even better.

But we were 2-4 this year against ranked opponents.

Beating Arky, MS St, Ole Miss, and even aTm is not what is used to be. We were 2-4 this year against ranked opponents.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We are 50/50 because Pittman who is a top 2 OL recruiter in the country with Robbie Caldwell of candy left AND we threw some of our better recruiters are him in Porter, Garner and T Will.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that ole man Grimes isnt why we are 50/50 with them. 

And it doesnt matter what the narrative is that got us there... the fact is we are 50/50 with someone who could step in and start day 1 on the OL. I dont make any changes until after NSD if I'm Gus.

But then again there is PLENTY I would do differently if I were Gus, lol

Archived