Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

26 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Well, yeah.  That's the thing.  I think Fleck is a great motivator and, like all great motivators, he'd be able to tailor his messaging to suit not only his target group but also his own changes in philosophy.   So in that sense we completely agree.  Don't think he's headed to AU, though, and I don't expect the boat to leave Minnesota as is. 

Well if he DOES, even eventually if not my desired yesterday 😉, there should be no more skepticism as to how he compares to CGM. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Well if he DOES, even eventually if not my desired yesterday 😉, there should be no more skepticism as to how he compares to CGM. 

Good luck with that. 

I'm actually expecting to see Coach-In-Waiting Chad Morris to be our next HC if only because it would be the second cheapest, second easiest and second dumbest thing we could think of doing.  

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Good luck with that. 

I'm actually expecting to see Coach-In-Waiting Chad Morris to be our next HC if only because it would be the second cheapest, second easiest and second dumbest thing we could think of doing.  

Can't wait to see which of the four u pick....🤣🤣🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, keesler said:

Get ready friend, he ain’t going anywhere any time soon.  Ride this thing out and one day the PTB will get tired of the pattern, and make a change but the buyout is ridiculous.  And all the talk about the money being funded by a couple of money men?  After last season what were they waiting for?

The buyout will be lower than it was in 2018 for one.

If we had fired him before 12/31/18, the buyout would've been $36.75 M.

Before 12/31/19, the buyout would've been $31.5 M.

Before 12/31/20, the buyout will be $26.25 M.

So $10.5 M cheaper. It will take 6-6 or worse for any change to be made after 2020.

Goodnight all. I'll leave on this note; GUS IS PATHETIC! I could say more, but what the use, just wasted words. What a way to spend an afternoon watching Auburn Football on new years day. Why did I expect more than what Gus showed today? I guess because I love Auburn, and Auburn football. So much longing for the days of a REAL COACH like Coach Pat Dye! 

Auburn has top 10 or top 12 recruiting classes year after year after year. Minnesota is scraping the barrel for leftovers. So, how does Minnesota beat Auburn?

Um ..... coaching? Game prep? Play calling?

I do not put this on the heads of Auburn players. It is on the head of CGM. Just completely unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

Auburn has top 10 or top 12 recruiting classes year after year after year. Minnesota is scraping the barrel for leftovers. So, how does Minnesota beat Auburn?

Um ..... coaching? Game prep? Play calling?

I do not put this on the heads of Auburn players. It is on the head of CGM. Just completely unacceptable.

I’m putting some on the players.  There were stupid mistakes, poor tackling and blocking, an inability to get any push, domination in the trenches coupled with asinine play selection from the staff.  WRs didn’t look good, Seth had a crappy attitude and it showed on TV,  the strength of the team has been defense and they under performed in a big bowl game.

Blame should be spread around when they lose to a bunch of Gophers.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

The guy waiting  in the background bailed out.....was not willing to wait....and probably was not as good as BN or he would have been playing.....or do you think Gus played his second best QB?  :dunno:

Meanwhile, the guy at Wake is not "some random"......he's a 6'-4 230 pound solid DT and IMO could have started  at AU...

And I'm hoping that BN will show a lot of improvement between seasons.... and looks like the job for helping that happen belongs to Chad Morris. 

As for Gus....you are mischaracterizing my view .....if he got fired tomorrow I would basically say "ho hum" and hope we find a good replacement.   I've just said that I have doubts about that but it's not my call.  Don't get all puffed up at me just because we don't agree.    If you want Gus fired....start a campaign and convince the AD that it needs to be done.  He has the authority and as you and others have claimed , there is money out there to pay the buyout.   All I have is opinions on the matter......so disagree if you wish but get off your high horse.  

You hope Bo shows improvement, but then you just said you hope Gus gets a Grad transfer because you lost faith in him? What an a**hole you are. You are already giving up on him after his first season, yet you call out other people for their fandom because they have given up on Gus? You are bailing on an 18 year old who has done nothing but give his all out there, while being PUT in this position by his head coach. I am on my high horse? I rather be on this, instead of faking like I'm an "AUBURN MAN' like you. Now you are upset because someone called you on your crap. You are a piece of crap to want to blame this season on the 18 year old QB and I am not mincing my words on that. You are a piece of crap for throwing shade at JG when he all he did was act as a good back up for Bo Nix.  Your GUY GUS chose to go this path, so it is up to him to make it work. Don't blame the 18 year old when the GROWN ASS MAN in the room chose to go down this path.

And I don't want to hear anymore about motivation. How did UGA and Bama both win their games then? Convincingly mind you, and UGA had a crapload of players off. 

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's a PJ thing, not a Minnesota thing. He used the montra at Western Michigan well before Minnesota hired him.

Agreed, it's a PJ thing, not a U of M thing.  If PJ leaves any time soon, Row the Boat goes with him.  Which is fine; I wouldn't want a new coach coming in trying to carry it on when it wouldn't be genuine.  (Not fine that he'd be leaving in the first place, though).

Our defense did not play the same level of football we have seen during the regular season.  They had good moments....but overall... not good.

The offense was....well... the same offense we have witnessed all season long.  

Mediocre defensive play + Bad offensive line play + Mediocre QB play + Bad offensive play calling = LOSS to any team of reasonable quality

But on the bright side....

On this board over the past season, I have said that Gus should not (will not) be fired due to the huge buyout and due to no replacement head coaches out there (that we could reasonably get to come to Auburn) that could do better.  But now I'm really beginning to warm up to PJ Fleck.  I think he could be a doable replacement and the buy out will be lower at the end of next season.  So maybe.....

15 hours ago, rophle said:

Anyone who ever says this isn’t a true fan, I don’t care how many smarta$$ post you make in here. 

woohoo, look at the thumbs down you got for that.

I think it's hilarious that on this forum the guy who says he actively rooted for Bama to beat AU in the IB gets thumbs up, and the guy who points out that's not the actions of an Auburn fan gets down voted. :lol: 

10 hours ago, B Fed said:

We are definitely worried about that.  He just signed an extension through 2026 before the Penn St. game (for whatever that is worth).  IMO, better to have a great coach for 5 years than a mediocre one for 20.  I don't know if we're happier that we got Fleck or Tanner Morgan came to Minnesota with him sight unseen.

A great example of the type of coach Fleck is and his ability to sell the program and recruit. 

27 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I think it's hilarious that on this forum the guy who says he actively rooted for Bama to beat AU in the IB gets thumbs up, and the guy who points out that's not the actions of an Auburn fan gets down voted. :lol: 

I'm thinking (and hoping) that the fanbase has gotten to where they can look past a single victory against our most hated rival and realize that it doesn't cover up the hemorrhaging that is occurring within our program

37 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Yeah, that says a lot about our “fans”

33 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Not sure why you find that funny. One guy has a very defensible position regarding what he thinks would be best for the football program long term vs what would feel good in the short term. These occasional IB wins can easily be viewed as a narcotic that only temporarily masks a chronic illness. They're a vacation, whereas this bowl game was the crappy 9 to 5 reality we eventually had to show back up to. 

The other guy played the "true Auburn fan" card which will always deserve every downvote it gets. It's an incredibly ignorant thing to say 100% of the time. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure why you find that funny. One guy has a very defensible position regarding what he thinks would be best for the football program long term vs what would feel good in the short term. These occasional IB wins can easily be viewed as a narcotic that only temporarily masks a chronic illness. They're a vacation, whereas this bowl game was the crappy 9 to 5 reality we eventually had to show back up to. 

The other guy played the "true Auburn fan" card which will always deserve every downvote it gets. It's an incredibly ignorant thing to say 100% of the time. 

No it’s not.

3 minutes ago, rophle said:

No it’s not.

Oh, it definitely is. To think there is some narrowly defined set of rules for being a true fan is super duper ignorant. Feel free to disagree with the stance all you want, but the "not a true fan" thing is logically unsound (in addition to being a particularly unflattering form of self-righteous indignation). 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully the total body of work outweighs the encore. (I'm sure it does/will.)

I hope you are right as the game sure did not go as I expected.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, it definitely is. To think there is some narrowly defined set of rules for being a true fan is super duper ignorant. Feel free to disagree with the stance all you want, but the "not a true fan" thing is logically unsound (in addition to being a particularly unflattering form of self-righteous indignation). 

Nah, that’s just your opinion, bud; a true fan would never want their team to lose to a rival. 

Gus has had 7 years to recruit and develop the type of OL that would be successful in his offense. His senior laden OL was manhandled by a perennial Big 10 middling with a 2nd year HC.  232 total yards of offense. Pathetic.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting.

I have REAL experience with this in my situation and you've hit the nail on the head.

Beating bammer is hydrocodone.  However, as proven yesterday, the CAUSE of the pain is still there.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Interesting.

I have REAL experience with this in my situation and you've hit the nail on the head.

Beating bammer is hydrocodone.  However, as proven yesterday, the CAUSE of the pain is still there.

If you watched the Iron Bowl and got more upset because of the possibility of keeping the coach instead of being excited for the players then you’re not a true fan of the team and program. 

You should pick an NFL team to pull for and hope they tank all their games so that they can always get the #1 draft pick. 

12 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Fools like @Mikey trying to crap on Cristobal just show they don't really know as much about football as they think they do.

Personal insult aside, does he have a defensive staff that we can hire away?

Archived