Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

Hats off to a good Minnesota team.  Fleck has them coached up.

We had absolutely no excuse for losing to a team with so much less talent.  It's time to fire Gus.  He doesn't have what it takes and never will.  He's had too many chances to improve and just hasn't. An extremely poor showing.  He should be really embarrassed.

Gus has ONLY won the Birmingham Bowl and the Music City Bowl.  Time to go.  Fire him today.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense acted like they were trying to tackle Bo ******* Jackson out there. Absolutely pathetic. We lost to a bald quarterback that was headed to Western Michigan and two of their backup offensive linemen.

Fire Gus. No exaggeration. He should be fired tonight. This is not acceptable. Fire him fire him fire him fire him. 

Just now, DAG said:

The defense was bad BRO! What was that?!

That is what was so shocking... I expect the stupid crap calls and plays on offense but the defense... that was BAD 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Despite the statements from Gilmore, we didn’t come to play. 

I don’t understand this way of thinking.   Auburn was outplayed today from the start of the game.    And to say that auburn is the better team???? Are you kidding me...the better team won.   Recruiting rankings obviously doesn’t mean a thing when it comes to auburn.   If CGM calls plays next year, three loses at a minimum 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Fleck is fantastic . He brought a fired up bunch to Tampa . nothing but love for fleck and the gophers 

Out of reactions, yes and amen. 

Welp, I was wrong.  Thought we'd win handily.  Few things jump out:

1) We got absolutely manhandled on the lines.  No excuses.  Just got physically whipped for large portions of the game.

2) The Tutt fumble drastically changed the game early.  Had a chance to go up 17-3 and instead had to put our D right back out there.

3) The fake punt.  It still makes no sense an hour or so later.  Game was tied and we had momentum.  Pin them deep and make the Gophers go down the field.  Gus gave the damn game away right there.

4) Play calling was all over the place, per usual.  It's just typical Gus crap at this point.

5) Defense was really disappointing.  We didn't adjust at all to their best receiver moving inside and our run D was largely awful.

Whatever.  I still see it as a nothing bowl game so I'm not gonna get worked up about it.  But sadly, this is becoming the norm in January under Gus.

Sadly I’m used to poorly coached offensive games from Gus. This is the worst defensive performance I’ve seen in years. Steele needs to figure out why his defense tends to fade toward the end of the year 

Thing is,  winning in the postseason is necessary to win a national championship. If you can't win bowl games, what makes you think we win a playoff game if we get there.  If you know the end result will never be a win over a ranked team then why keep him as coach?

18 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

What says you?

I could say how I feel about Malzahn at AU until I'm blue in the face and it wouldn't matter. Another forgettable year. The Offense relied on the D to bail them out too many times this year and when the D needed the same from the offense they couldn't. 

Congrats to Minnesota.  Well played all-around.  For Auburn, I hate our seniors went out like this.  Our performance falls on both our offense and defense though.  To put it solely on the offense is unfair.  There is blame to go all around, but I hope Minnesota can enjoy this.  I can tolerate them more than UCF.    War Eagle!

When I watch Gus win big games, I flashback to Toy Story when Buzz “flew” and I hear Woody say, “that’s not flying. That’s falling with style.” He’s not a good coach. He gets really lucky and at times performs to the best of his abilities as a coach and it works out. But after 7 years, we are a perennial 8 win team. Today was embarrassing as it most always is when it comes to Gus. The product on the field does not match the talent of the players. He makes us worse than we are. I can’t wait for him to be fired. It can’t happen soon enough. I’m glad we won a couple of iron bowls, but this level of inconsistency is unacceptable. I’m sick of watching auburn games and being pissed off the entire time because of his poor level of performance as a coach. 

The fact I'm not surprised is depressing. I've long ago given up on Gus building off of a big win. History has proven that just doesn't happen.

Can coach Bruce Pearl coach the football team???? Amazing what kids will do when they know their coach comes prepared....

2-5 in bowl games under this coach. But hey he beat Alabama. 

Has a chance to finish ahead of bama and that performance was pathetic. 

Calling for Gus to be fired for a bowl game against a 10 win team is kind of a knee jerk reaction. 

Maybe this will help in Gus handing the offense to Morris next season. 

We are recruiting extremely well. Gus just needs to hand the offense off to Morris like he did Steele. Gus does everything else very well and to say he doesn't is biased, and admitting you refuse to see the whole picture. 

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Congrats to Minnesota.  Well played all-around.  For Auburn, I hate our seniors went out like this.  Our performance falls on both our offense and defense though.  To put it solely on the offense is unfair.  There is blame to go all around, but I hope Minnesota can enjoy this.  I can tolerate them more than UCF.    War Eagle!

At least we don't have to watch our two biggest rivals play for it all this time?

Here's to a new coach in the near future. If not that, a new OL coach...please?

I have nothing much to say that hasn't already been said. Another AU football season ending in disappointment has been the norm for a while. Something has got to change to end this mediocrity. Alan Green are you listening?????

War Eagle anyway and I will talk to you good folks later.

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t understand this way of thinking.   Auburn was outplayed today from the start of the game.    And to say that auburn is the better team???? Are you kidding me...the better team won.   Recruiting rankings obviously doesn’t mean a thing when it comes to auburn.   If CGM calls plays next year, three loses at a minimum 

Your first sentence was enough. Your second sentence confirmed my post. The rest is irrelevant to the point. 

Gus should not be allowed on the team bus back to Auburn.  I'd like to see his name removed from all obelisks and tablets...we should demolish all Waffle Houses and everything his name has been associated with at Auburn.  Anyone wearing a sweater vest should be killed. He has sucked the life out of Auburn football.  He is the Doug Barfield of Curley Hallman's.  We are all worse off thanks to having been exposed to his brand of football.  

At Auburn...62-32, 2-5 in bowl games. Two wins come against Memphis and Purdue. Embarrassing bowl losses to UCF, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Hey, he did at least lose a BCS National Championship his first year and has a promising future. 🙄

Did Coach Morris bring the fake punt over from Arkansas we did in the 3rd quarter???

13 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

What says you?

Hey, we did get 232 yards of offense.....Chad M is going to help us out a whole bunch next year, right?....I'm glad this **** is over

Archived