Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

First no we can't agree that about mimms, he's a horrible poster. Second is even though a person was wanting a loss that person is still looking out for the best interest of Auburn, he just understands how we have a big portion of our fan base that are content with a win here and there and another part of our fan base that doesn't look at circumstances and will always find a way to say everything is ok. And it's not made up, we have watched the last two seasons of that exact scenario happen. He can't have any faith that after the season if changes need to be made then so be it. 

I'm a man of many feelings cole, and you just hurt every one of'em. :( 

Oh, you said mimms, not Mims... Ok, yeah I agree, that dude is terrible.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

And I have no problem with your posted position whether O agree or not.  Again, I just don't think those who consistently blame the players (and now even seem to be us fans) but blindly support the $49M bust are any better than those they're talking down to.

That is fine but what I was confused on was it appeared you grouped me in with those people.  I have never once placed blame on the players and never will.  Even with our subject at hand with supporting Auburn to win/lose I have not even responded to those posts directly, much less gone after them or said they aren't fans.  Just found it puzzling for some of the reasons.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I'm a man of many feelings cole, and you just hurt every one of'em. :( 

Oh, you said mimms, not Mims... Ok, yeah I agree, that dude is terrible.

Lol I wasn't planning on you coming back and seeing my post so soon!

Just now, abw0004 said:

That is fine but what I was confused on was it appeared you grouped me in with those people.  I have never once placed blame on the players and never will.  Even with our subject at hand with supporting Auburn to win/lose I have not even responded to those posts directly, much less gone after them or said they aren't fans.  Just found it puzzling for some of the reasons.

No sir, you never crossed my mind when I posted what I did.  You were only included because you replied to me thus....you became included.  But no, evrn though we disagree on Gus, I've never personally seen any posts by you that I would lump in with the Gus crew.

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is real fan argument is just a red herring. The problem is there are GUS FANS here who do not want to objectively criticize. 

Exactly.  Nailed it.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is real fan argument is just a red herring. The problem is there are GUS FANS here who do not want to objectively criticize. 

This is the correct answer.

I blame the administration/BOT, personally. I don't even blame Gus any more. Gus is doing what he thinks is best - and that's been demonstrated over his seven seasons. People need to stop expecting him to change.

Just now, Barnacle said:

I blame the administration/BOT, personally. I don't even blame Gus any more. Gus is doing what he thinks is best - and that's been demonstrated over his seven seasons. People need to stop expecting him to change.

I absolutely blame Gus. Not going to blame the liquor store for the alcoholic being inconsistent at his job. It's his own actions. If he wants to go out this way that is on him.

Yesterday was another example of how Gus just runs his offense and play sequences in order to set up a big play.  I never see us attacking a weakness or exploiting one with our offense.  I don’t understand this high school level of game planning at all.  A defense could lose a cornerback and we will never attack that new guy.  

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Getting there, too. They have the power. We just have to figure out the best ways to get their attention and hold it. 

For those blaming ADAG, I'd think again. You don't land and demand in Leadership. 101. But he should have two good years of surveying the scene to make strides toward doing the long-range best, even with the nasty hand he was dealt prior to arrival. 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

As I said elsewhere, I hope Steven Leath stubs his toe on the coffee table today. And most days. 

31 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Ah, being obtuse I see.

So far, 64 has blamed Nix for this game and your buddy Mikey blames the defense for every loss.

Now we've got the Superfans who blame US for the loss because we didn't cheer hard enough and sent bad karma to the team cuz we should be bammers or NFL fans.

#Anybody'sFaultButGus

Obtuse? Hardly. And being lumped with Mikey seems to be good company, he’s one of the more level headed and rational posters on here. 

Again this is Gus. He understands nothing about controlling the emotions of the players, he doesn’t care what the defense is doing. He is a magician ( in his opinion) and his magic play will fix everything. If it fails it’s about someone not doing their job, not about a defense that has figured his obvious trick out. He cannot change. It is who he is. It is what he has always been. When folks figure out his trick his only recourse is to move somewhere else and try to fool some unsuspecting folks. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Im not sure anybody DOES anymore....I know I sure don't.

We just now have Auburn Lovers vs Gus Lovers.  

Auburn Lovers are right (and FYI, some even support Gus) but Gus Lovers are people who have some weird agenda that is NOT the best interest of AU.  At this point, they seem nothing more than trolls and deserve nothing more than prayers.

4 minutes ago, rophle said:

Obtuse? Hardly. And being lumped with Mikey seems to be good company, he’s one of the more level headed and rational posters on here. 

tenor (1).gif

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Im not sure anybody DOES anymore....I know I sure don't.

We just now have Auburn Lovers vs Gus Lovers.  

Auburn Lovers are right (and FYI, some even support Gus) but Gus Lovers are people who have some weird agenda that is NOT the best interest of AU.  At this point, they seem nothing more than trolls and deserve nothing more than prayers.

Amen. #ignorefunction

It's not debate anymore. 

3 minutes ago, rophle said:

Thank you for the transparency.  Now I know not to take you seriously.  I appreciate it!

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I absolutely blame Gus. Not going to blame the liquor store for the alcoholic being inconsistent at his job. It's his own actions. If he wants to go out this way that is on him.

Is the alcoholic the liquor store's manager? 

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Getting there, too. They have the power. We just have to figure out the best ways to get their attention and hold it. 

For those blaming ADAG, I'd think again. You don't land and demand in Leadership. 101. But he should have two good years of surveying the scene to make strides toward doing the long-range best, even with the nasty hand he was dealt prior to arrival. 

I don’t blame Green but if he realize he doesn’t have control of the situation he needs to do the right thing and resign. That give the President an opportunity to step in and remove Gus. AG should have not backed down last year and turned down Gus’s counter proposal. Or at least step up now and tell Gus 9 wins with a bowl loss just doesn’t make the grade and send him packing now. Folks are just not understanding that the money involved is small compared to the loss over all that Gus will cause Auburn over the long haul. When you get dealt a bad hand you just have to fold it. You can’t keep adding money to a situation that you are never going to win. 

Humor in high drive today. For sure. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t blame Green but if he realize he doesn’t have control of the situation he needs to do the right thing and resign. That give the President an opportunity to step in and remove Gus. AG should have not backed down last year and turned down Gus’s counter proposal. Or at least step up now and tell Gus 9 wins with a bowl loss just doesn’t make the grade and send him packing now. Folks are just not understanding that the money involved is small compared to the loss over all that Gus will cause Auburn over the long haul. When you get dealt a bad hand you just have to fold it. You can’t keep adding money to a situation that you are never going to win. 

Yes. Hold up, fold up. Yes.

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m fine with objectively criticism, I’m just as frustrated as everyone else when we lose.  But, I will always pull for us to win and support Gus as long as he’s the head coach. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Is the alcoholic the liquor store's manager? 

Even if he is, he still needs to be held accountable. 

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I saw an Alabama fan on the Rant (I know, I know) that said at this point it's going to take a fan revolt for things to change. As long as we don't go full on Tennessee Volshevik Revolution and put Tommy Tubberville at AD or something stupid like that I'm ok with it. Right now we feel like a pro sports team that can make the playoffs but never makes it past the second round. Eventually ownership gets frustrated and either blows it all up and starts over or tries a different coach or GM. 

Archived