Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

In visiting Minnesota at the end of February, and I'm told they sell it there... Very excited. 

End of February? Be sure to pack your shorts and flip flops! LOL!- Gary from Accounting

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Since when?  New Glarus usually doesn't leave the Wisconsin borders for sale.  If you find it though, ENJOY!

I have no idea. My buddy is from Minnesota and told me they sell it there...sending him a text right now to confirm. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

I have no idea. My buddy is from Minnesota and told me they sell it there...sending him a text right now to confirm. 

I'd be curious to know myself.  Let us know the results!

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

End of February? Be sure to pack your shorts and flip flops! LOL!- Gary from Accounting

GARRRRRRYYYYYY!!! What a guy. 

Dude. Thank you for that. Thank you so much. That's a laugh I needed. 

So here's what you have to keep in mind.  Cold up there can get REAL cold.  I canceled a business trip last February because the wind chill was minus 50.  It got to minus 20 a few times while I lived in Michigan a decade or so ago.

But summers up there severely beat the crap out of a hot/humid summer in the south.

I'm aware that winter there is nothing like what most down here have ever even imagined. But, at the same time its gotten to the point where I can barely stand to go outside for half the year because its so hot. At least further north you can actually enjoy the good times without feeling like you are roasting alive. 

I'd be curious to know myself.  Let us know the results!

Me: "Didn't you say they sell New Glarus in Minnesota?"

Him: "Nope. Right across the border 45 min. away. But my brother and law goes and picks it up. They put people in jail for selling it outside Wisconsin." 

So...that solves that! 😂

I think he must have told me that we'll be able to drink some via his BIL. 

Just now, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I'm aware that winter there is nothing like what most down here have ever even imagined. But, at the same time its gotten to the point where I can barely stand to go outside for half the year because its so hot. At least further north you can actually enjoy the good times without feeling like you are roasting alive. 

I may actually suggest the Pacific Northwest if you can swing it.  Even in the winter, weather is around the 40-50 degree mark for the most part (unless you get up in the mountains).  Summer never gets worse than about 80 or so.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Me: "Didn't you say they sell New Glarus in Minnesota?"

Him: "Nope. Right across the border 45 min. away. But my brother and law goes and picks it up. They put people in jail for selling it outside Wisconsin." 

So...that solves that! 😂

I think he must have told me that we'll be able to drink some via his BIL. 

Gotcha.  That's what I thought with New Glarus.  Either way, get your hands on some Spotted Cow and enjoy!

Side note: The Milwaukee airport has gotten smart.  You can actually buy a 12 pack of it once you get through security and take it as a carry on now.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I may actually suggest the Pacific Northwest if you can swing it.  Even in the winter, weather is around the 40-50 degree mark for the most part (unless you get up in the mountains).  Summer never gets worse than about 80 or so.

I've always thought about Washington, the rain/fog doesn't really bother me. 

Also...no bugs

We stayed with friends in Olympia, WA in August and they left their doors open. I was baffled. No mosquitoes. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

GARRRRRRYYYYYY!!! What a guy. 

Dude. Thank you for that. Thank you so much. That's a laugh I needed. 

I still follow middleclassfancy on insta and think about you (and Gary!) every time they post.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gotcha.  That's what I thought with New Glarus.  Either way, get your hands on some Spotted Cow and enjoy!

Side note: The Milwaukee airport has gotten smart.  You can actually buy a 12 pack of it once you get through security and take it as a carry on now.

PDX does that, too. Game changer.

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Check out US states ranked by education and obesity. 

Minnesota is rural and cold but they have nice things. 

Like puffy coats.

6 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I've always thought about Washington, the rain/fog doesn't really bother me. 

We're going to Portland and the Oregon coast in April.  Can't wait.

Washington is really beautiful as well.  Plus the food is spectacular if you like seafood or Asian cuisine.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

We're going to Portland and the Oregon coast in April.  Can't wait.

Washington is really beautiful as well.  Plus the food is spectacular if you like seafood or Asian cuisine.

😅I like both

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I still follow middleclassfancy on insta and think about you (and Gary!) every time they post.

Man, I got rid of instagram a couple years ago, and almost forgot about mcf. Making me crave some Chili's southwestern egg rolls right now. 

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Add to that New Glarus order: Serendipity 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Haven't had that one yet.  Will try it next time.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Man, I got rid of instagram a couple years ago, and almost forgot about mcf. Making me crave some Chili's southwestern egg rolls right now. 

Me and Nance will go sit in your favorite booth later and get tipsy on chocolatinis and send you silly goose pics

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! Enjoy. Hopefully spring has a foot in the door by the time you get there.

We'll see.  It's the height of the whale migration.  Have a hotel room overlooking the water in Cannon Beach and hoping to see some wildlife.  Doing a few days in PDX too since we haven't been there before.

18 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Colorado, Front Range specifically. 300 days of sunshine. A bit of snow, but the roads are cleared quickly as long as there’s no ice. Summer and Spring are absolutely perfect weather-wise. No humidity. Don’t have to run AC. But it’s expensiveeee, which is why I had to move away ☹️.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Haven't had that one yet.  Will try it next time.

Rushmore beer for me

Archived