Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

232 total yards. Gus never needs to pick up the play calling clipboard ever again. Time for Morris to earn his pay. That was a team of better athletes losing to a team that is fundamentally sound and coached better. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minn played well IMO, many AU players lackadaisical, our O game plan oddly Octoberish, refs did us no favors in 7 pt loss, alternating Brown & Davidson among interesting moves by Steele (interesting in a Clemson vs W. Va way). Outmuscled by Golden Gophers. 

Pat would say war eagle anyway!

No one should be surprised. This is who we are. Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same...4 loss Gus...

It won’t change with Gus. And those who love him.They will make excuses like always, point to beating Saban and lecture us all on being grateful for what we have. Next year...rinse, wash, repeat.

And to those who laughed at some who wanted Fleck...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He just took Gus and Steele to school for four quarters. If you get what you pay for then Auburn is getting screeeeeewwwwwweeeeddddd....

Steele has to share in the misery.  D stunk today.  Bad.  We seem to have a couple of really bad games on D each year.  

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Congrats to Minnesota.  Well played all-around.  For Auburn, I hate our seniors went out like this.  Our performance falls on both our offense and defense though.  To put it solely on the offense is unfair.  There is blame to go all around, but I hope Minnesota can enjoy this.  I can tolerate them more than UCF.    War Eagle!

Defense couldn’t get off the field and the way Minnesota ran all over us was the key for them.. they pushed us around all day on both sides of the line.  The offense was going to be bad no matter what.. use to that by now.. Hopefully CGM let’s Morris revamp this tired bad offense but I won’t hold my breathe. 

The way I see it, most should be mad at themselves. If you let yourself believe that win against Alabama convince you things are ok you deserve it.

Every year Gus shows himself and there is a win somewhere during the season that make people over react. Every. Single. Year. 

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

To put it solely on the offense is unfair

Looking at it i guess you are right it's not solely on offense. The Tutt muffed punt had a LOT to do with losing the game, the rest is pretty much solely on the offense. 

If the offense cant stay on the field the defense is going to give up yards...

12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’d still like for AUfriction to explain to all of us how Fleck is a piece of crap. :dunno:

Poor loser is what that is. Or sour grapes. Imagine what Fleck could do with our caliber of athletes.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

Hey, we did get 232 yards of offense.....Chad M is going to help us out a whole bunch next year, right?....I'm glad this **** is over

And this is going to be used as an excuse not to do anything drastic because of the unveiling of our new offensive coordinator

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

At least we don't have to watch our two biggest rivals play for it all this time?

If Georgia loses tonight I will know all is right in the world.  

IIRC the mantra the week of the UCF game was “we are taking this as a business trip”.  We used the same phrase and had the same results.  For some reason, the loss was not surprising. I did enjoy watching P.J.Fleck coach though, a little jealous.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Calling for Gus to be fired for a bowl game against a 10 win team is kind of a knee jerk reaction. 

Maybe this will help in Gus handing the offense to Morris next season. 

We are recruiting extremely well. Gus just needs to hand the offense off to Morris like he did Steele. Gus does everything else very well and to say he doesn't is biased, and admitting you refuse to see the whole picture. 

To be fair, many have been calling for Gus to be fired for quite a while. I joined that chorus after the Florida and LSU games. The sample size is plenty - we underperform regularly with a timely win sprinkled here and there against bama with their backup QB at home. The offense, his bread and butter that he wrote the book on and calls the plays for, has been an inconsistent atrocity that wastes consistent defensive performances and costs us games. I see the whole picture quite clearly and didn’t throw my hat into the circle of “fire gus” supporters until this year - year 7, after I’ve seen quite enough. 

In the first half, after I think the wheel route to Nigh for a decent play and we go hurry up and run the inside dive/zone whatever with DJ, I wish Takeo Spikes would have run full speed up the sidelines and tackled Gus at the midsection and broken him into two halves.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Looking at it i guess you are right it's not solely on offense. The Tutt muffed punt had a LOT to do with losing the game, the rest is pretty much solely on the offense. 

Well the issue for me was their offense just stayed on the field the whole time.  It kind of reminded me of Virginia in the Final Four in how they just ate clock but made plays at the last second.  Frustrating for sure.  

I still cant believe we got clamped up by a middle of the pack B10 defense. The defense being trashed should be more surprised but I cant get over the offense. 

I vehemently refuse to buy tickets again until they prove they're worth something first

Just now, oracle79 said:

In the first half, after I think the wheel route to Nigh for a decent play and we go hurry up and run the inside dive/zone whatever with DJ, I wish Takeo Spikes would have run full speed up the sidelines and tackled Gus at the midsection and broken him into two halves.

That was the moment we knew...

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Calling for Gus to be fired for a bowl game against a 10 win team is kind of a knee jerk reaction. 

Maybe this will help in Gus handing the offense to Morris next season. 

We are recruiting extremely well. Gus just needs to hand the offense off to Morris like he did Steele. Gus does everything else very well and to say he doesn't is biased, and admitting you refuse to see the whole picture. 

what does everything else look like? What does top 10 classes mean if you average 4 losses? What does having a talented defense mean if you give the ball back so much it breaks their backs

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got our own Jason Garett. Now I feel bad giving my mom so much crap for being a cowboys fan

As a Cowboys and Auburn fan, you can only imagine the sickness I feel today and the amount of alcohol it takes to survive a football season...😂

1 minute ago, jmcrosson said:

To be fair, many have been calling for Gus to be fired for quite a while. I joined that chorus after the Florida and LSU games. The sample size is plenty - we underperform regularly with a timely win sprinkled here and there against bama with their backup QB at home. The offense, his bread and butter that he wrote the book on and calls the plays for, has been an inconsistent atrocity that wastes consistent defensive performances and costs us games. I see the whole picture quite clearly and didn’t throw my hat into the circle of “fire gus” supporters until this year - year 7, after I’ve seen quite enough. 

Not a single poster is calling for Gus's head over a singular bowl game. This should be known. He is 2-5 in bowl games and absolutely inconsistent. That is annoying as hell. I love the Chad hire but I am not holding my breathe that he will allow him to implement much. I am too blah at the moment.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Think of what you will about Gus but this is a classless comment. C'mon, man. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Defense got gouged from the start. This wasn't a case of the offense not staying on the field. 

Archived