Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

The being out coached remarks are meaningless. It's like bragging about winning an arm wrestling match against a guy with no arms. I hope they leave Gus in Tampa.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What good is a coach who's claim to fame is being an offensive guru and can only get 17 points against this Minnesota team? If your a one trick pony and that pony cant pull off it's one trick, time for the pony to be put to rest.

9 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Sad that this is the best post of the New Year. But it is! :yes:

Gotta credit DAG for the joke, I just had to find the pic with the doctor headed out the door. Hopefully someone else will head out the door before we ruin this recruiting class too.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't understand how we have someone with Tyreke Hill speed and we can't find a way to get him the ball in space...

It is mind blowing and that’s why CGM must give up his old tired offense and let Morris bring in new concepts. If this doesn’t happen, just pay the man to leave. 

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our offensive line is pathetic and Horton should’ve been benched long ago. And before someone scolds me for criticizing a player, I have watched our QB and RBs take body shots because of his lackluster pathetic effort all season. And a coaching staff that watches the game film and keeps him in the lineup Is pitiful. Grimes should be fired or forced to retire yesterday for that alone. 

It might mean that the backups are worse.   Just sayin

21 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Minnesota was tougher and meaner. They played a better game and deserved to win. Get ready for next year. But first, Sic em Bears. 

I agree Minnesota played the better game..No Doubt about it. What I do not like, and for this you cannot blame the coaches, is our lack of luck of the draw in Bowl opponents.

Regardless of how hard you prepare and how much you make it known that you have to be all "business," you cannot overcome human nature with the immediate advantage

Minnesota started with back 3-1/2 weeks ago when the pairings were announced. Minnesota immediately had the built-in human emotion advantage of making their "mark"

on the college football community. It was worse against UCF, but was still in effect with today's Minnesota game. They, Minnesota, had an un-coachable and innate advantage

by instantly seeing their chance to become more relevant by winning against a "brand" football name.  I do not mean to take something away from Minnesota's effort. It is just

simple to me their "brand" was not, in their mind, at the same level as an Auburn. The matches lately have lead to our inability to win against someone with that primal emotion,

desire and talent to make their name at someone else's expense.

Given the circumstances and their talent, we were beat on both lines of scrimmage today. I hate the game results probably more than most. However, I hope to be looking for

ward to Auburn doing the same to someone else next Bowl Season. Just my humble opinion and perspective.

13 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

People have a lot of faith in a guy who was good `10 years ago and then went 32-66 as a head coach.

I have faith in what he did in transforming Clemsons offense and what he did with those players.. he had total control as an offensive co.. but you are correct he failed miserably as a HC

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I agree Minnesota played the better game..No Doubt about it. What I do not like, and for this you cannot blame the coaches, is our lack of luck of the draw in Bowl opponents.

I am so tired of our fans, and our HEAD COACH, constantly lamenting who we have to play. Who cares?!? Go out and beat whoever lines up across from you!

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Regardless of how hard you prepare and how much you make it known that you have to be all "business," you cannot overcome human nature with the immediate advantage

Minnesota started with back 3-1/2 weeks ago when the pairings were announced. Minnesota immediately had the built-in human emotion advantage of making their "mark"

on the college football community. It was worse against UCF, but was still in effect with today's Minnesota game. They, Minnesota, had an un-coachable and innate advantage

by instantly seeing their chance to become more relevant by winning against a "brand" football name.  I do not mean to take something away from Minnesota's effort. It is just

simple to me their "brand" was not, in their mind, at the same level as an Auburn. The matches lately have lead to our inability to win against someone with that primal emotion,

desire and talent to make their name at someone else's expense.

Given the circumstances and their talent, we were beat on both lines of scrimmage today. I hate the game results probably more than most. However, I hope to be looking for

ward to Auburn doing the same to someone else next Bowl Season. Just my humble opinion and perspective.

It takes ample discipline and great maturity to exemplify Minnesota's effort and results even when you "become" a "brand".  ARE we one? Then let us have the same respect for our opponents as to prep and deliver our best. 

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our offensive line is pathetic and Horton should’ve been benched long ago. And before someone scolds me for criticizing a player, I have watched our QB and RBs take body shots because of his lackluster pathetic effort all season. And a coaching staff that watches the game film and keeps him in the lineup Is pitiful. Grimes should be fired or forced to retire yesterday for that alone. 

I don’t know what is worse than pathetic but we are on that level with our offensive line. Something must change. I agree 100% about watching how bad they are and not giving someone else a chance.. 

8 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

'01 peach bowl was worse

You may be right.  I was at a concert that night and didn't see the game.

To quote the Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells when everyone kept talking about the talent... you are what your record says you are.. 

after all of these years Gus Malzahn is not effective in getting the maximum effort out of his talent. Switch the coaches in this game and Auburn wins. 

Gus is an 8 win coach. 

1 minute ago, mdp5150 said:

To quote the Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells when everyone kept talking about the talent... you are what your record says you are.. 

after all of these years Gus Malzahn is not effective in getting the maximum effort out of his talent. Switch the coaches in this game and Auburn wins. 

Gus is an 8 win coach. 

Well, we're two years into the contract. Suppose we go 7-5 next year...would we do it  after three?

3 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

Gus is an 8 win coach. 

I don't think it had much to do with effort.  Those scrub OL and non-SEC RBs were fighting hard, they just weren't talented enough.  They should be playing in the AAC and we should've had SEC caliber players in their place.  It wasn't the true freshman QB's fault that Gus had to start a true freshman in year 7.

Gus is a 4.4 loss/season coach and that's the facts.

31 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh please tell us what is the definition of being a "true Auburn fan" great one.

Someone who never wants their team to lose.

14 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

They also clobbered an excellent penn state team that will finish top 10.

Sorry ...that does not fit the narrative so does not count....like we beat bama and Oregon among others.....just gotta spin it out there in the way you want in order to make your point.

BAD game and for second game in a row the D gave up 500 yards.....really hard to understand that. :dunno:

Just now, rophle said:

Someone who never wants their team to lose.

But what if losing now means long term success?  For example, if I could guarantee you that losing one game meant going on a run of 10 win seasons and championships, you're telling me that I'm a bad fan for taking that loss in a heartbeat?

Archived