Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

6 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

NFL money or Olympic team money? It would be a hard decision for me.

Hardly think NFL money would surpass olympic money with his would be draft stock. Wouldn't have much with how he's been used.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Should be one of the easiest decisions of his life.

I had already mentioned this and his desire to be an Olympian. Football slows him down and has cost him already.  Go run Ant.  Auburn will be fine.  We love you man!!!!

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wouldn't matter.  The university listens to one thing: money.  Unless we all stop buying tickets (which REAL AU fans won't), then the board will be just fine.

Real fans are gonna show up to support the team and players. We don’t just love our team when they’re winning like a Bama fan does, we support them no matter what. 

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe if we didn't see the same old crap every time we play, thus causing the losses, we wouldn't keep saying the same things?

Everyone on this board wants to win and wants to win big.  If people don't like the way some folks talk about our coach and get their feelings hurt over a freaking internet message board, then I say good riddance and learn to toughen up.

giphy (1).gif

12 minutes ago, the_raven_tiger said:

I dont blame the defense. How many times over the past 2 years has the defense been thrown under the bus by an offense that couldn't control the ball and/or put TDs on the board??? When was the last time that our offense put enough pressure on the opposing team's offense to make them 1D??? Defense has been on an island for 2 year now.

I was not blaming.  Just observing

1 minute ago, rophle said:

Real fans are gonna show up to support the team and players. We don’t just love our team when they’re winning like a Bama fan does, we support them no matter what. 

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.  You know what happened when Bama fans stopped showing up?  They hired the greatest coach in college football history.  I wish we had that kind of passion instead of this "aw shucks" attitude that permeates our fan base.

8 minutes ago, rophle said:

Real fans covet and DEMAND excellence. Not settle for mediocrity. We show up to support the team and players but still can not be happy (and honestly be downright angry) and not support the coach who is not putting his offense in the best position to succeed and win with all the talent we have at the WR, RB and QB position. OL there is not a lot of talent but that is his fault as well. We should NEVER EVER have a sun belt level OL.  If we were some South Carolina or Kentucky football program I could understand. We are one of the best football programs ever. You heard Fleck today. We are a blue blood program. With the way we recruit we should be no worse than a top 5 or top 10 team every year. 

So was this an audition for PJ Fleck for 2021? 😂 Are we gonna be rowing the boat then? 

Haven’t read the whole thread but this loss sums up the Malzahn era. A chance to win a bowl game that is on one hand relatively unimportant but on the other hand means a bunch; a chance to come out prepared and win decisively and carry forward the momentum from a big win at the end of the year. Instead we have a lackluster (at best) performance and lose a game that is easily winnable. This is why we we always be “settling” while Malzahn is our coach and why the fan base will always be split about 50:50 over Gus as our coach. The worst of all worlds: a coach the fan base can never whole-heartedly support or rally behind a plan to move him on. SMDH but WDE.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wouldn't matter.  The university listens to one thing: money.  Unless we all stop buying tickets (which AU fans won't), then the board will be just fine.

Then we’re a bunch of fools for buying tickets to watch this crap show. Top 10 talent ( coached up to playoff level), coached to 9-4/8-5. If we pay to watch this, we deserve it. Look at basketball with Pearl. Before him , you couldn’t give away tickets, now you can’t get them without paying a premium.

8 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm doing my part next season.

Highly doubt I fly back for a game next year as well.  Need to see some changes before I spend the money on a flight and tickets.

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

So was this an audition for PJ Fleck for 2021? 😂 Are we gonna be rowing the boat then? 

A athletic program with the 2 bellcow and money making sports in football and Bball having PJ Fleck and Bruce Pearl as head coaches WOULD BE A ABSOLUTE DREAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, jluvah said:

Then we’re a bunch of fools for buying tickets to watch this crap show. Top 10 talent ( coached up to playoff level), coached to 9-4/8-5. If we pay to watch this, we deserve it. Look at basketball with Pearl. Before him , you couldn’t give away tickets, now you can’t get them without paying a premium.

But remember, according to some on here, those people who started attending when we got better aren't "real" AU fans. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read.  You know what happened when Bama fans stopped showing up?  They hired the greatest coach in college football history.  I wish we had that kind of passion instead of this "aw shucks" attitude that permeates our fan base.

They hired the best coach ever because they were sick of losing to Auburn.   And had Rich Rod not have backed out of the deal, Saban wouldn’t be there.  It’s all about timing and hiring the right guy.   

3 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Someone else is going to snatch him up. If Gus goes 8-5 he'll be around again. Mark it down. 

I would give my left nut for Urban though right now. 

If CCM does well next year he most likely will get the chance to get another head job.  He seemed to have SMU headed in the right direction until he got stupid and took the Arky job. That job is a career killer, or at best a get out of there ASAP job if you get things looking competent.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And you think that frustration magically goes away after a loss where the team got manhandled AND Gus made one of the dumbest calls in recent AU history which allowed Minnesota to completely flip the field on us?  What world are you living in man?

you assume i am not frustrated because i have called some out? again the frustration would be better spent burning up the phones or sending emails than crying on here over and over and then some attacking other fans because they are loyal to the team. i will always pull for the best gus can do until he is gone and then the next coach will get the same from me. you ok with wanting gus dead to get a new coach? or seeing gus hurt and unable to continue coaching?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you assume i am not frustrated because i have called some out? again the frustration would be better spent burning up the phones or sending emails than crying on here over and over and then some attacking other fans because they are loyal to the team. i will always pull for the best gus can do until he is gone and then the next coach will get the same from me. you ok with wanting gus dead to get a new coach? or seeing gus hurt and unable to continue coaching?

Have I ever called for some to permanently hurt Gus?  Now, I'd like to have the privilege of kicking him the nuts because his team's have done that to me enough through the years.

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Haven’t read the whole thread but this loss sums up the Malzahn era. A chance to win a bowl game that is on one hand relatively unimportant but on the other hand means a bunch; a chance to come out prepared and win decisively and carry forward the momentum from a big win at the end of the year. Instead we have a lackluster (at best) performance and lose a game that is easily winnable. This is why we we always be “settling” while Malzahn is our coach and why the fan base will always be split about 50:50 over Gus as our coach. The worst of all worlds: a coach the fan base can never whole-heartedly support or rally behind a plan to move him on. SMDH but WDE.

THIS THIS THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is games like this that divide the fan base even more!!!!!!!!! The Gus fans dig their heels in and get even more stubborn and the Auburn fans who are more realistic and reactionary and are just reacting to the results and product on the field Gus gives us is given another example of why we want to make a change. He wins a huge rivalry game and then gets his pants pulled down by fleck in the bowl game vs a much less talented team. Just completely outclassed and out coached in every which way. This is not at all like losing to florida, georgia and LSU 3 teams with equal or more talent than us. This was glaringly all on Gus and the mismatch in the coaching department.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

No matter how you feel about CT, this is spot on.

Love Clay Travis because I read and listen to him for what he is: A comedian. But he is a really sharp and smart guy with a law degree. When he is actually serious he has some really good takes. This is obviously one of them. Even people with no skin in the game are vehemently frustrated with Gus and AU.

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

image.png

9 out of 10 barbers would fire Gus.

The 10th loves to use a bowl to cut hair.

Archived