Morris Era Begins NOW

AUght2win

Mark this down. 1/1/2020. This is a pivotal day for the future of the program. Gus once again flops in Tampa and proves he can no longer call offense.

He can either completely give the keys to Chad - the obvious choice. Morris will revamp our atrocious elementary school passing attack. He will take Bo to the next level.

OR he can pull another Chip Lindsey and never truly take his hands off the wheel. We will win 8 next season, and hopefully be looking for a new HC. 

I hope Gus picks option #1. It is seriously the only chance he has to change his career trajectory.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUght2win said:

Mark this down. 1/1/2020. This is a pivotal day for the future of the program. Gus once again flops in Tampa and proves he can no longer call offense.

He can either completely give the keys to Chad - the obvious choice. Morris will revamp our atrocious elementary school passing attack. He will take Bo to the next level.

OR he can pull another Chip Lindsey and never truly take his hands off the wheel. We will win 8 next season, and hopefully be looking for a new HC. 

I hope Gus picks option #1. It is seriously the only chance he has to change his career trajectory.

It's the latter. If it's not, we'll likely have just been retroactively awarded the 1983, 1993, 2003, 2013, and 4 other National Championships, retroactively. One is more likely to happen than the other. 

Discuss...

Just now, AURealist said:

And it ends 1/1/2021.

No way Chad calls plays.  OC is a temp gig 'til something else comes along.    

If true, it would be a terrible career choice on Chad's part to come here. He has to prove a looooot before someone gives him another shot at a HC job. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

If true, it would be a terrible career choice on Chad's part to come here. He has to prove a looooot before someone gives him another shot at a HC job. 

No one else wanted him and it's a paycheck.  

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We just won 9 games with 2 stud defensive lineman and 4 senior starters on the online. 8 is shall I say slightly optimistic at this point. 

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Mark this down. 1/1/2020. This is a pivotal day for the future of the program.

"The future is very bright"...I just heard our HC say it !!!! I am so pumped up now...Bring on next year!....I will be 66 if I live, and I ought to be careful with all this excitement!!!!

4 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

We just won 9 games with 2 stud defensive lineman and 4 senior starters on the online. 8 is shall I say slightly optimistic at this point. 

Schedule is cake outside the big 3. We need 10 wins or the division next year or Gus is gone. 

I feel sorry for Chad. Why? because he'll have to ask Gus is a good play. If he doesn't like it, he'll trash it and tell Chad to run a play that Gus came up with. Over these 7 looooong years, we've all painfully watched Gus being in full control over all his coaches.

35 minutes ago, AURealist said:

And it ends 1/1/2021.

No way Chad calls plays.  OC is a temp gig 'til something else comes along.    

Exactly. Chad will get the credit during good times and if it goes bad then Gus will have someone to take the blame yet again and probably buy him another year. The excuses will be flowing non stop next year with another 4 - 5 loss season. It's rinse and repeat; i don't care who the OC is. Until Gus is fired, nothing will change. 

40 minutes ago, AURealist said:

No one else wanted him and it's a paycheck.  

You're delusional if you think no one wanted him in a league where a perennial top 5 program (talent wise) in LSU hired the most antiquated coordinators they could find for a decade. Kendal Briles is completely overrated and has gotten jobs again and again. People grabbed 3-4 different Bama assistants/coordinators out of a hope for a spark this previous offseason. Chad Morris didn't have a chance to even hear out offers with how quick Gus contacted him, don't confuse for that for a lack of opportunity

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You're delusional if you think no one wanted him in a league where a perennial top 5 program (talent wise) in LSU hired the most antiquated coordinators they could find for a decade. Kendal Briles is completely overrated and has gotten jobs again and again. People grabbed 3-4 different Bama assistants/coordinators out of a hope for a spark this previous offseason. Chad Morris didn't have a chance to even hear out offers with how quick Gus contacted him, don't confuse for that for a lack of opportunity

Who wanted Chad Morris?    NOBODY.

30 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Schedule is cake outside the big 3. We need 10 wins or the division next year or Gus is gone. 

Gus is not gone under any circumstances with the exception of 2012 type finish.  After that horse crap season last year everyone said he had to win 10 THIS year and he didn’t do it and is still safe as ever.

Its the same story year after year after year with this staff, the PTB/BOT are satisfied with the status quo.

How many national titles was Chad a part of? We have the Clemson staff the year they got ripped by West Virginia. Morris and Steele. They got even better after those two left.

Gus is toast if the Chad Morris Experience doesn't win 10 especially with the schedule we're given next year. 9-3 is fine with a win over Bama and the cushion of "Toughest SOS in the country".

But the excuses are running out. It's hard to gauge a team based on bowl games as we all know because everyone has their own goals in mind (when not playing for hardware)... However this team had win #10 in front of them and I would have thought that was enough to keep them focused. But we looked very undisciplined today. I don't know why, and I'm not going to point fingers acting like I know why...

We have an opportunity to be a much improved team next year offensively. That's the only sliver of hope I can offer right now. My advice: keep the liquor at the ready.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Alright so you just want to live in a bubble today? got it 

Give me the name of a school who wanted Chad Morris and I'll say you were right.  

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

How many national titles was Chad a part of? We have the Clemson staff the year they got ripped by West Virginia. Morris and Steele. They got even better after those two left.

You aren't theoretically incorrect, but those 2 did set the foundation, esp Morris, that Dabo continued. It wasnt like that bowl game was the end all be all of their tenure lol. On the other end of the spectrum, you just look at the bowl performance we had last year, and you would've thought we'd actually be good on offense in 2019. Steele has had a largely good past couple years, but what has made me flounder on him a little, is how set he is to his principles and his personnel. The pure man coverage helped MSU beat us on the edges last season. The pure man coverage with Daniel Thomas as your safety, a wounded Tutt, and any form of Javaris Davis after 2017 against Bama's 4 NFL receivers? Whether you run dime or not, that's not ideal. Running dime today didn't help him either, and they should've ran absolutely no man at all. Our DL pressure got stone walled today much like versus Bama, but you at least give them a couple more seconds to get back there when your CBs aren't getting incinerated off the line. 

Sorry 4 how long this post was 

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Give me the name of a school who wanted Chad Morris and I'll say you were right.  

His best friend offered him a job before he even officially hit the market. He didn't have time to field offers. It's not a comparable situation in terms of time between being fired and scooped, but Georgia ran the press on Matt Luke before he fielded offers as well. Doesn't mean plenty of programs wouldn't have loved to have him (Auburn), but the right program was in his ear before that could happen

Archived