Morris Era Begins NOW

AUght2win

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His best friend offered him a job before he even officially hit the market. He didn't have time to field offers. It's not a comparable situation in terms of time between being fired and scooped, but Georgia ran the press on Matt Luke before he fielded offers as well. Doesn't mean plenty of programs wouldn't have loved to have him (Auburn), but the right program was in his ear before that could happen

Maybe that's how it went,  but we don't know for a fact that anyone would have wanted to pay him serious money to do anything.  I think if Chad thought there was the possibility of a good job waiting for him, he'd have held out.  I would have.  What but money does he get by doing nothing for money under Gus?  Was Gus in some sort of hurry to hire one of the hundreds of OCs and OC-wannabes camping out for the chance to do nothing but take blame for money?  

I just don't see it. 

But I'm a known denier.  I never bought the idea Kevin Steele was a highly sought SECHC prospect, either.  So maybe take my opinions with salt, a lime slice and a shot of tequila.   

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AURealist said:

Give me the name of a school who wanted Chad Morris and I'll say you were right.  

The O-Coordinator responsible for Tahj Boyd, signing Deshaun Watson, and essentially turning Clemson into an offensive powerhouse would have a plethora of offers, man...

Just now, AUght2win said:

The O-Coordinator responsible for Tahj Boyd, signing Deshaun Watson, and essentially turning Clemson into an offensive powerhouse would have a plethora of offers, man...

Name one.  

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Mark this down. 1/1/2020. This is a pivotal day for the future of the program. Gus once again flops in Tampa and proves he can no longer call offense.

He can either completely give the keys to Chad - the obvious choice. Morris will revamp our atrocious elementary school passing attack. He will take Bo to the next level.

OR he can pull another Chip Lindsey and never truly take his hands off the wheel. We will win 8 next season, and hopefully be looking for a new HC. 

I hope Gus picks option #1. It is seriously the only chance he has to change his career trajectory.

I boldly predict that if CGM does not see things as you stated above, he will have hired his own replacement in Morris. Sort of like Les Miles hired Ed Orgeron. Any believers?

Lame response. I'm not the guy's agent.

No.  Your assertion that you somehow 'know' Morris 'would have had numerous offers' is lame.  Only so many schools were looking for OCs this season.  Which of those were going to be willing to pay CCM the kind of money he's making at Auburn being fauxC to be an actual OC or (lol) head coach?  

Just 'lots', right?  Like, because you say so.   

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

"The future is very bright"...I just heard our HC say it !!!! I am so pumped up now...Bring on next year!....I will be 66 if I live, and I ought to be careful with all this excitement!!!!

Amen brother..I am 71 and holding on for next year...not yet excited, but holding on nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I boldly predict that if CGM does not see things as you stated above, he will have hired his own replacement in Morris. Sort of like Les Miles hired Ed Orgeron. Any believers?

Total Auburn Move

59 minutes ago, AURealist said:

No.  Your assertion that you somehow 'know' Morris 'would have had numerous offers' is lame.  Only so many schools were looking for OCs this season.  Which of those were going to be willing to pay CCM the kind of money he's making at Auburn being fauxC to be an actual OC or (lol) head coach?  

Just 'lots', right?  Like, because you say so.   

Lol. If you think a coach with a recent, proven history of offensive dominance at a place like Clemson wouldn't be sought after, I don't know what to tell you. 

Ever hear of guys like Lane Kiffin, Will Muschamp, David Cutcliffe, etc? They flopped as head coaches and immediately grabbed big time coordinator gigs. 

I hope he is able to make a positive change with the offense, but where does Chad have this passing knowledge experience???? Didn't see much of it at Ark...

Lol. If you think a coach with a recent, proven history of offensive dominance at a place like Clemson wouldn't be sought after, I don't know what to tell you. 

Ever hear of guys like Lane Kiffin, Will Muschamp, David Cutcliffe, etc? They flopped as head coaches and immediately grabbed big time coordinator gigs. 

And others who were fired as head coaches weren't hot properties, and neither was Morris. 

Unless you have that list of schools that wanted to hire him or articles that show he was being courted. 

Do you have anything like that?   A single shred of actual evidence?  

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

And others who were fired as head coaches weren't hot properties, and neither was Morris. 

Unless you have that list of schools that wanted to hire him or articles that show he was being courted. 

Do you have anything like that?   A single shred of actual evidence?  

My evidence was just presented. Can you not read? Muschamp wrecked UF, came right to us. Cutcliffe got fired from Ole Miss, went right to Tenn. Kiffin canned by USC, right to Bama.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

My evidence was just presented. Can you not read? Muschamp wrecked UF, came right to us. Cutcliffe got fired from Ole Miss, went right to Tenn. Kiffin canned by USC, right to Bama.

You have suspicions and opinions of your own and exactly zero evidence to support your claims that anyone but Gus wanted Chad Morris as on OC or HC.  Period.   

Just now, AURealist said:

You have suspicions and opinions of your own and exactly zero evidence to support your claims that anyone but Gus wanted Chad Morris as on OC or HC.  Period.   

This is so strange. How would I possibly know something like that? How would anyone without connections to a program or his agent? 

This is so strange. How would I possibly know something like that? How would anyone without connections to a program or his agent? 

Yeah.  So stop pushing the idea.  We only have evidence that Gus wanted him as fauxC.  Chad took Gus up on his offer.  I've heard from folks more connected than me that it's just a one-year deal, so I'm going with the idea -opinion- that having Morris here will change absolutely nothing as far as the team's performance is concerned.  

I hope he will accomplish something, but I really think it's just a year of decompression and reflection for Morris while deciding on his next career move.  If someone can give me any reason to believe this isn't what I should expect and he's actually going to make a difference, I'm all ears.  

14 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yeah.  So stop pushing the idea.  We only have evidence that Gus wanted him as fauxC.  Chad took Gus up on his offer.  I've heard from folks more connected than me that it's just a one-year deal, so I'm going with the idea -opinion- that having Morris here will change absolutely nothing as far as the team's performance is concerned.  

I hope he will accomplish something, but I really think it's just a year of decompression and reflection for Morris while deciding on his next career move.  If someone can give me any reason to believe this isn't what I should expect and he's actually going to make a difference, I'm all ears.  

Do you know anything about his work at Clemson? It's like you seriously don't know what he did there.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do you know anything about his work at Clemson? It's like you seriously don't know what he did there.

Yep.  You keep saying that as though it somehow proves he is in high demand for a permanent OC or HC job or will have some sort of effect on a team where he will not be able to perform the job on his door plate.  Why would someone so in demand take a one year job of doing not his job for Gus Malzahn? 

Other great things Auburn fans 'know':

Jeremy Johnson is Heisman material.

Bo Nix will win us championships.

Gus Malzahn was headed to Arkansas (he's so in demand) we have to pay him whatever he wants to keep him.

Auburn is considered by most people to be one of the top ten football programs of all time.

Gus Malzahn is a genius.

Unless....   

Unless it's a cynical gambit (or another sneaky Malzahn plot) to take Gus' job when Gus gets the ax.  If the Kevin Steele for HC crowd starts blowing that horn, I'm swearing off this site for good.  And if Auburn does such a bone-headed JABA thing as to hire Morris as HC, I'll swear off Auburn football for good, as the University will have proven itself unworthy of actually having fans.

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Yep.  You keep saying that as though it somehow proves he is in high demand for a permanent OC or HC job or will have some sort of effect on a team where he will not be able to perform the job on his door plate.  Why would someone so in demand take a one year job of doing not his job for Gus Malzahn? 

Gus Malzahn was headed to Arkansas (he's so in demand) we have to pay him whatever he wants to keep him.

Auburn is considered by most people to be one of the top ten football programs of all time.

Gus Malzahn is a genius.

Unless....   

Unless it's a cynical gambit (or another sneaky Malzahn plot) to take Gus' job when Gus gets the ax.  If the Kevin Steele for HC crowd starts blowing that horn, I'm swearing off this site for good.  And if Auburn does such a bone-headed JABA thing as to hire Morris as HC, I'll swear off Auburn football for good, as the University will have proven itself unworthy of actually having fans.

I am laughing, but I feel ya. But I HAVE to know. Which JABA move would you detest most?

Succeeded by CKS?                (Not BowlCut)

Succeeded by CCM?

Succeeded by CRL? 

OR...

Succeeded by CGC..."because we at least won a NC under his helm"

😁😁🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Gus Malzahn is a genius.

Unless....   

Hahahahaha you actually think Morris came here to take Gus' job?! 

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Schedule is cake outside the big 3. We need 10 wins or the division next year or Gus is gone. 

Gus isn't going any where this is who Auburn is all talk and no action we are the true definition of insanity repeating the same acts with no repercussion and consequence

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Hahahahaha you actually think Morris came here to take Gus' job?! 

No.  Somebody posted the idea on the site yesterday and it made me chuckle. 

But then I considered Muschamp's short stint here and I realized that the Muschamp-in-waiting story at USCe could actually have been true.   

Gus hiring CCM to replace himself is such a preposterous and JABA idea that I have to at least consider it to be within the realm of Auburn possibilities.  ;)  

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You both could be right! I mean who’s to say South Indiana A & M or Central Connecticut State for examples may have wanted to interview CM, but he took staying in SEC!

One thing is for sure we can’t do much worse than the sh** show of an offense Gus has been putting on the field.  Oh wait, did y’all see Arkansas the past couple of years?  We keep hearing how great Morris was at Clemson but you have to remember Clemson has a real head coach.  We don’t.  Clemson always has an O line that can actually block someone.  We don’t.  Finally, our head coach has never gotten it in his head that he is not some type of offensive guru.  He brought us a high school offense that it took defensive coordinators a little while to figure out but they got it now and it ain’t working anymore. It might work if you got a Cam Newton or a Nick Marshall pulling the trigger.  We don’t.   

8 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I am laughing, but I feel ya. But I HAVE to know. Which JABA move would you detest most?

Succeeded by CKS?                (Not BowlCut)

Succeeded by CCM?

Succeeded by CRL? 

OR...

Succeeded by CGC..."because we at least won a NC under his helm"

😁😁🤣🤣

When I typed that, I was thinking promoting CKS would be the uttermost JABA move.  Leave it to a member of the Kevin Steele Posse to plumb the depths of absurdity for worse.  :D

CRL:  Hiring him would definitely be to buy into the 'he was here during the Gus Golden Years of an SEC Championship'.  If another SEC school made him HC, we'd laugh.

CKS:  We've been through this.  It's hard for even great DCs to succeed as HC anywhere and CKS is one of the many who didn't. He became world famous at UNLV while HC at Baylor.  This would be nothing but a desperate and embarrassing  attempt to experience our very own Orgeron Effect.   

CCM:  It's hard for OCs to succeed as an SEC HC and CCM is one of the many who didn't.  The Arky HC failure is still pretty fresh.  Why would we even consider this? 

CGC:  Heh.  Which is more ridiculous?  Us making the offer or him accepting it?  

Can't pick a best or worst.  Just listing them in a public forum gives me the jitters in fear that somebody with more money than sense will latch on to one and make it happen.  Anyway, we've got time.  Gus' contract, apathy and cowardice all say we probably won't trade in the Bus until Dabo is at Bama and Kiffin is at Clemson (or some such).  A lot of bad Auburn HC possibilities can pop up between now and then.  

Archived